Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanelope

VIP Member
Oh, good. I prefer the Richmond sausages though I have to limit myself as to the number. I have to be careful to check when in the freezer though as I also have the meat ones for feeding my dog her daily dose of painkiller for arthritis! (I cook them, then cut into thirds, freeze most and keep a week's worth of thirds in the fridge. I cut a cone of meat out, syringe the liquid in, cone back in, and present it to her cone end first so any spill goes into her mouth. A very happy girl with her Magic Sausage.)
People impress me with their pet hacks. Anyone see the Tiktok with the woman putting cling film and peanut butter on her head - genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
now, I like squid and squid ink (sorry!) nice delicate seafood flavour (if you like that sort of thing) but the spaghetti jack used in that coolinairy crime is merely coloured with ink. i don't think it retains the flavour, like how you can't really taste a difference when you get red or green pasta
I'd probably like it too. I like oysters, and they taste of the sea, but sadly I don't eat them frequently enough to be hospitalised for an allergic reaction.

• Haha
  • Wow

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
I was a very bookish child and I read the Flowers in the Attic series (and Shirley Conran/Jackie Collins) around age 11 too. I read all my parents books, all Mum's Harold Robbins and Simon Raven novels and even The Happy Hooker and Fear of Flying (because she specifically told me not to!) Are books much less smutty these days, or is it just my imagination?
Pretension kills smut faster than a flying squad of nuns. Proof: The Bad Sex Awards, any year.

• Haha
No 🤣

I treated a mate of mine to a weekend in Paris because she had a really really shitty year about 7 years ago. I think it cost about 600-700 and that was as cheap as I could get it without it being depressing.
You can if you’re lucky with flights (and Jack has the benefit of being near Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton which expands the cheap flight possibilities and makes the Eurostar realistic if she was really lucky with prices) and stay outside of Paris proper. I don’t think Jack would be capable of organising it, but if she’d had a competent girlfriend at the time they might have been.

• Haha
Weird to me, someone that’s had two 8-year-olds. When was this from, because in one of her lives last week she said his primary doesn’t have a kitchen?

edit: 2019. So unless he’s moved schools since then she said he has packed lunches, as school has no kitchen to provide hot meals. Weird.
I wonder if what she actually meant was they’re not providing hot meals at the moment due to COVID, which I know some places are still doing (and could be actually worthy of a campaign from the FSM angle if she could be arsed).

Not all schools can offer hot lunches, my kids previous primary school didn’t. I remember on her live she was talking about the rules for packed lunches. SB’s first primary school was packed lunches (and she had a nightmare following the packed lunches rules despite the fact that she had helped to create them for the nation), second primary did school dinners which was great but his current primary doesn’t have a kitchen so back to packed lunches, which is fine because she’s found her groove with it.
I know some don’t (which is a whole issue for FSM in and of itself), but as she’d previously implied they did serve and she’s not mentioned a move in that period, I wondered if she was taking a temporary thing and wording it in her typical misleading way in her lives.

Hollaaa

VIP Member
My Sweet Audrina ruined The Hills for me. You'd change your name wouldn't you?

• Haha

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
I don't have kids so happy to be corrected by frauen with more experience in this area but, but it seems to me really unlikely that an 8- year old child would overeat to the extent of making themselves sick. Or if they did it would be a worrying indication of some wider issue with food or an ED? When I was sick when I was younger it was always due to a virus or something.. I was never sick from overeating and I don't remember that happening to anyone I knew. Being sick at school would be really embarrassing as other kids would be likely to take the piss, so it seems unlikely that he would do a 'tactical vom'..it's not like he was a teenager who had drunk too much cheap vodka but didn't want to end their night out, which is the circumstance where that phrase is more commonly used. I hate to think that he was genuinely ill and got zero sympathy or got treated like a naughty boy or a massive inconvenience.
I don't have kids so happy to be corrected by frauen with more experience in this area but, but it seems to me really unlikely that an 8- year old child would overeat to the extent of making themselves sick. Or if they did it would be a worrying indication of some wider issue with food or an ED? When I was sick when I was younger it was always due to a virus or something.. I was never sick from overeating and I don't remember that happening to anyone I knew. Being sick at school would be really embarrassing as other kids would be likely to take the piss, so it seems unlikely that he would do a 'tactical vom'..it's not like he was a teenager who had drunk too much cheap vodka but didn't want to end their night out, which is the circumstance where that phrase is more commonly used. I hate to think that he was genuinely ill and got zero sympathy or got treated like a naughty boy or a massive inconvenience.
Mine never did that, but my niece did, no eating disorder or owt. Some kids just do. It was Christmas and loads of sweets

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
when I was about 12 I read a book called Christiana F and it was a true story about a girl living in Germany, she got on to heroin along with her boyfriend as a young teen and one day she came home got caught him selling himself to an old man to fund his habit when this spured her on to becoming clean. The harrowing life they had on drugs and the in depth experience she wrote about going cold turkey really made an impression in me as a young teen.
This was made into a film, Die Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo", with a cameo appearance by David Bowie - a scene was filmed at a concert. I love the scene in this clip - it's a relief from the harrowing stuff to see kids messing around.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Shawads

VIP Member
Was that the ice skater one or the incest one?
Weren't all her books incest related? 😱
We devoured them as kids. When she died someone else carried on writing them in her name. Wtf?

• Haha
  • Wow

Vroo

[SP
[just the other day I remembered when I was little (8/9 insisting that I could finish a steak pie supper from chippy- I did but was very very sick that night & no sympathy as it was my fault for being greedy!!! Which it was lol. So is conceivable sb could be ill, but for me (admittedly not SE) an unexpected day at home which children was a pleasure ]

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Genuine question, as I have no idea how "centre-right" think tanks work, but would Jack get paid for this?

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.49.50.png

emm

VIP Member
A lot of people in the media will now only send her private messages of support I bet. No longer do they want to be publicly associated with her because they can see she is on her way out, professionally. They hitched their wagon to her when she was on her way up.
she should have just kept with food writing, trying to present was just a disaster for her career

Vroo

Seems to be a bit of a market for smut, don't give anyone ideas
[exactly, the gauche stories of finding love after poverty, Jackie Collins inspired ]

• Haha
  • Sick