Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanelope

VIP Member
]
Virginia Andrews too! Bloody hell, I was way too young to have read Flowers in the Attic when I did!!!

reading my mum’s old Judith krantz - they are hilarious, everyone is so rich. I love a good Jackie Collins as well because I think she makes it tasteless and more fun

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hollaaa

VIP Member
"hey, jack! I know how much you love taylor and you're such a fantastic singer accidental conqueror of fears, let's sing exile together! you can pick it out on the old joanna and I'll let you do taylor's parts!"
As if that song wasn't traumatic enough already.

• Haha
  • Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
Strictly innit! Or maybe that she’s authentically working class and very successful?
You'd think that she'd be encouraging a peer. Both young and attractive. Stacey can be absolute marmite too, getting all up in Jack's niche.

Lanie

VIP Member
I still don't completely get the food parcel during holidays. I mean does it cover all the child's meals or just lunch? When I was a kid there was no such thing we got sandwiches or toasties at lunch with a piece of fruit. I don't know what these people expect I don't mean this Tory I just don't understand what people today want to feed their kids.

Hefflen

There’s a really good science fiction book by Adrian Tchaikovsky about sentient Octopi. Not quite as good as the book before it in the series which is about a planet full of sentient spiders and absolutely brilliant.

• Wow
  • Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Stacey was working in Luton Airport, in a bar I think? I saw her do a talk a few years back where she said she never had any qualifications, thought she'd just work in the airport forever. She got approached to do a tv show for the BBC when she was 18 or 19, that took young women who were super into fast fashion and took them to see sweat shops in India. She told the interviewer that the BBC just liked how interested she was and how she was a natural at just asking a question well and letting the other people open up to her.
🤣 Luton airport 😂 a blast from the past

• Haha
  • Heart

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
My bf introduced me to that with the one set in Greenock (Just a Boy's Game). I felt bad for a few days aftr watching that.
They were brilliant drama and made a lot of people think. I think Cathy Come Home was from them. Still relevant and worth a watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Emmapism

VIP Member
You can if you’re lucky with flights (and Jack has the benefit of being near Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton which expands the cheap flight possibilities and makes the Eurostar realistic if she was really lucky with prices) and stay outside of Paris proper. I don’t think Jack would be capable of organising it, but if she’d had a competent girlfriend at the time they might have been.
Oh yeah if we had stayed outside of Paris for sure. Most of the cost was accommodation.

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
reading my mum’s old Judith krantz - they are hilarious, everyone is so rich. I love a good Jackie Collins as well because I think she makes it tasteless and more fun
Your not
Jack Monroe: Emotional Fap for thread title!!!

just catching up a little - been BUSY tarping a roof in the pissing rain. I can confirm that waterproof clothing doesn’t stay waterproof for ever. Next time, I’ll wear a wetsuit and snorkel 😂
your not the guy thatching the cottage across the Lane from me are you. They’re having a hell of a day, pouring and gale force winds and the tarps blown off.

• Haha

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
Devastating. Respectfully, you have spelt angle wrong. I know it’s due to the grief but it looks like you don’t use Pythagoras daily, unlike someone we know 📐
Damn it!

Had been really looking forward to using it too, couldn't photograph the first one I spotted as it was at a BUSY road junction and I'd either had got run over or taken away if I'd tried to photograph it.

Can I blame it on auto 🥕?

• Haha

Lyricallie

Chatty Member
omg I was about to ask about the reaction! was it a face/neck rash? I have no allergy to anything else, but for a few years in my late 20s sometimes (but weirdly not always) when I drank I got a rash, now my sister who is a similar age is suffering the same! I haven't had it in years, so bizarre
So weird! I'm in my late 20s too. I googled it and got taken to menopause websites and that freaked me out. Yup face neck rash but with a very defined cut of point on my neck and hairline. I really hope it goes away lol. I feel for your sister! I'm the same, it's only sometimes which makes me nervous when I have a drink.
I find myself having a similar thing, it's like the skin on my palms have become quiet itchy as well for some reason
It's so annoying and a wee bit scary!
Is this not a bit late. Wasn't the food parcels for lockdown, homeschool. Most kids are back to school now or have I got it wrong?! Please tell me if I have.
That's what I thought, it's a weird parcel though. How weird, maybe it was a food bank rather than a school one?

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Damn it!

Had been really looking forward to using it too, couldn't photograph the first one I spotted as it was at a BUSY road junction and I'd either had got run over or taken away if I'd tried to photograph it.

Can I blame it on auto 🥕?
Yes, absolutely x

• Haha