Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cariad

VIP Member
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
Although I love octopi, I would never judge those with chapodiphobia (fear of octopi) as I have molluscophobia (fear of slugs). It's irrational and has been with me from a young child.
With you on slugs. I had an awful recurring dream about them as a child and have an irrational hate of them.

Reactions: 11

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Even I heard about him last year, and I have lived in flats with no garden for the whole of my adult life. He was mentioned on breakfast TV about 12 months ago at the start of lockdown, when just about everyone was raving about him.

Jack will be late for her own funeral.
She probably miss it all together- reasons

• Haha

Powershower

Chatty Member
omg that question was the bane of my life when I was vegetarian, I eat meat now but probably haven't eaten bacon for about 20 years regardless, I don't get the obsession!
Same! I am a meat eater and I could take or leave bacon. Couldn’t tell you the last time I ate it, don’t get the obsession either

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Does anyone know what squid ink tastes like?
I'm imagining like when you bite a pen but I don't think that's the case.
i love it in a pasta sauce (you use tomato and garlic as a base) it is hard to explain the taste tbh, other than seafoody, but made into a pasta like that it basically tastes of nothing as it would be drowned out by all that lemon :sick:

emm

VIP Member
I drink quite heavily when I'm out, but definitely cut down over the years. Not for any particular reason, I just don't think drinking is worth the calories when I could have cheese instead. I don't really drink at home, maybe one glass of wine or one gin a month.

However I am having a slight issue where I've now taken some sort of reaction to alcohol 3 times. At first I thought it was because it was a cheap premade one. Then I thought it was the food colouring in a cocktail. However the most recent one was because of a really nice bottle of wine! It wasn't even reduced in Tesco! Weirdest thing was I had a glass of the same wine (different bottle) the previous month and was fine. Very weird.

I was so annoyed and my face was so sore. (Admittedly I just took an antihistamine and finished the glass). I still have most of the bottle in the fridge so I made a really nice risotto last night 😂
omg I was about to ask about the reaction! was it a face/neck rash? I have no allergy to anything else, but for a few years in my late 20s sometimes (but weirdly not always) when I drank I got a rash, now my sister who is a similar age is suffering the same! I haven't had it in years, so bizarre

Reactions: 10

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
omg I was about to ask about the reaction! was it a face/neck rash? I have no allergy to anything else, but for a few years in my late 20s sometimes (but weirdly not always) when I drank I got a rash, now my sister who is a similar age is suffering the same! I haven't had it in years, so bizarre
My SiL has just developed a similar thing. She can no longer drink wine, Prosecco or champagne, brings her face out in rash, swollen eyes and itchy nose. She’s okay with gin though.

Reactions: 10

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
With you on slugs. I had an awful recurring dream about them as a child and have an irrational hate of
Me too. I can't even look at a picture of one. I get sweaty palms and they make me feel physically sick. I know it is silly as they can't harm you, but I'm feeling queasy just at the mention. Even the word on a page starts me off, so I would struggle to write it.

Wierd I know, and I was unaware there's a word for it.
Me too, horrible slimy creatures, esp if you’re in the garden without shoes on and step on one. After years of battling the bastards on my veg patch, without using any of the nasty pellets, I discovered Nemaslug, biological slug killer. I’d love a herd of hedgehogs to do the job, but they’re few and far between sadly.

Reactions: 9

Eurgh

VIP Member
Me too. I can't even look at a picture of one. I get sweaty palms and they make me feel physically sick. I know it is silly as they can't harm you, but I'm feeling queasy just at the mention. Even the word on a page starts me off, so I would struggle to write it.

Wierd I know, and I was unaware there's a word for it.
Babe, same. Am fine with snails though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

Gildinwen-TKB

I drink quite heavily when I'm out, but definitely cut down over the years. Not for any particular reason, I just don't think drinking is worth the calories when I could have cheese instead. I don't really drink at home, maybe one glass of wine or one gin a month.

However I am having a slight issue where I've now taken some sort of reaction to alcohol 3 times. At first I thought it was because it was a cheap premade one. Then I thought it was the food colouring in a cocktail. However the most recent one was because of a really nice bottle of wine! It wasn't even reduced in Tesco! Weirdest thing was I had a glass of the same wine (different bottle) the previous month and was fine. Very weird.

I was so annoyed and my face was so sore. (Admittedly I just took an antihistamine and finished the glass). I still have most of the bottle in the fridge so I made a really nice risotto last night 😂

I find myself having a similar thing, it's like the skin on my palms have become quiet itchy as well for some reason

Reactions: 8