Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@colouredlines that is a brilliant find.

I think a lot of it is ranting and trying to start fights on Twitter because she is bored and lonely. I do think some of tweets read like they were written whilst under the influence too. Especially the really self deprecating ones. She is very much a 'why does it always happen to me?" type whilst failing to recognize she is the common denominator in all of those situations, if they are indeed true. I hope she really is too insignificant in fame terms for SBs high school peers to google. If they do then that poor boy is going to have a rough time 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 49
Hang on, the "people whining about her patreon here"... Were they, you know, her patrons? Who'd paid for things that I presume had not materialized? I can't remember the context.
No, she had just set up the Patreon. This was right after Hopkins and in the middle of Kickstarter (she'd taken 58k from people a year before, the book had yet to materialise) so her decision to start a Patreon was met with some cynicism.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
there was a girl at child’s primary who was sick constantly. She would vomit if she didn’t like the smell of lunch etc. She comes from a very chaotic home with an attention seeking parent. I think it’s rare for children to do a tactical puke to be off school, they usually start with the sore tummy story surely?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I don't have kids so happy to be corrected by frauen with more experience in this area but, but it seems to me really unlikely that an 8- year old child would overeat to the extent of making themselves sick. Or if they did it would be a worrying indication of some wider issue with food or an ED? When I was sick when I was younger it was always due to a virus or something.. I was never sick from overeating and I don't remember that happening to anyone I knew. Being sick at school would be really embarrassing as other kids would be likely to take the piss, so it seems unlikely that he would do a 'tactical vom'..it's not like he was a teenager who had drunk too much cheap vodka but didn't want to end their night out, which is the circumstance where that phrase is more commonly used. I hate to think that he was genuinely ill and got zero sympathy or got treated like a naughty boy or a massive inconvenience.
Agree, it's a really weird thing to read. I have two kids and have never experienced this with them. I think toddlers sometimes vomit when they are really phlegmy and have a cough, but what she describes of an 8-year-old doesn't sound convincing to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I don't have kids so happy to be corrected by frauen with more experience in this area but, but it seems to me really unlikely that an 8- year old child would overeat to the extent of making themselves sick. Or if they did it would be a worrying indication of some wider issue with food or an ED? When I was sick when I was younger it was always due to a virus or something.. I was never sick from overeating and I don't remember that happening to anyone I knew. Being sick at school would be really embarrassing as other kids would be likely to take the piss, so it seems unlikely that he would do a 'tactical vom'..it's not like he was a teenager who had drunk too much cheap vodka but didn't want to end their night out, which is the circumstance where that phrase is more commonly used. I hate to think that he was genuinely ill and got zero sympathy or got treated like a naughty boy or a massive inconvenience.
[SP
[just the other day I remembered when I was little (8/9 insisting that I could finish a steak pie supper from chippy- I did but was very very sick that night & no sympathy as it was my fault for being greedy!!! Which it was lol. So is conceivable sb could be ill, but for me (admittedly not SE) an unexpected day at home which children was a pleasure ]

Reactions: 16
Jack is popular all over tattle, not just here,
taken from the who don’t you like thread

Jack Monroe. bleeping poverty drag practitioner, the absolute worst. So irritating I can't even face entering her threads here much. Had a spidey sense she was full. of. shite. from the time she had her Grauniad column where she made stupid suggestions about rinsing the tomato sauce off baked beans instead of buying a 30p can of actual beans, and making claims I've always considered specious about her background. Turns out I was right. I also predicted she was a massive alky because no-one shows up with that hair without a substance abuse issue.
Poverty drag!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
No, she had just set up the Patreon. This was right after Hopkins and in the middle of Kickstarter (she'd taken 58k from people a year before, the book had yet to materialise) so her decision to start a Patreon was met with some cynicism.
Ahhhh I see, thank you! Less directly disrespectful at least

Reactions: 18
]
Virginia Andrews too! Bloody hell, I was way too young to have read Flowers in the Attic when I did!!!

reading my mum’s old Judith krantz - they are hilarious, everyone is so rich. I love a good Jackie Collins as well because I think she makes it tasteless and more fun

• Heart
Reactions: 18
In the first list I mixed up daphne flap and emoji aquarium and thought it said emotional fap... 😳
I'm blaming you lot for all the smutty book talk we've had today 😂
Jack Monroe: Emotional Fap for thread title!!!

just catching up a little - been BUSY tarping a roof in the pissing rain. I can confirm that waterproof clothing doesn’t stay waterproof for ever. Next time, I’ll wear a wetsuit and snorkel 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Not all schools can offer hot lunches, my kids previous primary school didn’t. I remember on her live she was talking about the rules for packed lunches. SB’s first primary school was packed lunches (and she had a nightmare following the packed lunches rules despite the fact that she had helped to create them for the nation), second primary did school dinners which was great but his current primary doesn’t have a kitchen so back to packed lunches, which is fine because she’s found her groove with it.
I know some don’t (which is a whole issue for FSM in and of itself), but as she’d previously implied they did serve and she’s not mentioned a move in that period, I wondered if she was taking a temporary thing and wording it in her typical misleading way in her lives.

Reactions: 17
She was also on holiday in Cyprus and whisked off to Israel, according to her Insta.
Also wondering why Brexit Tin H. did not take them (including SB) on a nice regular chill out holiday to the Med for two weeks.
If I had a decent salary and my partner didn't, this is what I would do without batting an eyelid (not sausage).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
She was also on holiday in Cyprus and whisked off to Israel, according to her Insta.
Also wondering why Brexit Tin H. did not take them (including SB) on a nice regular chill out holiday to the Med for two weeks.
If I had a decent salary and my partner didn't, this is what I would do without batting an eyelid (not sausage).
I’m surprised she managed to tell the truth long enough to get past Israeli border control. They grill everyone, and are incredibly suspicious of any (non-marriage) name changes in my experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Here goes. The best of 2017 Jack, courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Broken pictures are due to problems with the archive. In any screenshot with multiple tweets, read bottom to top.

What was Jack like four years ago?

She had moved a mere 17 times...
View attachment 500400

...and she was pretending to be hygienic. We all saw that Del Monte chicken recipe! 🤢

View attachment 500401

Her arthritis was really bad - thank goodness that cleared up, eh?

View attachment 500403

Her Coming Out Scandal du jour? Prostitution.

View attachment 500404

This leads thematically to her best #ThatHappened of the time:

View attachment 500406

She still found time for a spot of begging, though.

View attachment 500405

She got drunk and destroyed her favourite bag:

View attachment 500407

Fair enough, she wasn't going to be able to afford a new one any time soon:

View attachment 500408

Oh dear.

View attachment 500410

A bit more begging, you say? Why not?

View attachment 500411

She got sick with an unspecified but disgusting illness.

View attachment 500412

...and she reminisced about her impoverished childhood. Too poor for an instrument, but not for ballet or karate.

View attachment 500414

Some things never change: she was as triggering as ever...

View attachment 500413

...and she couldn't spell.

View attachment 500415

That's our Jack:

View attachment 500409

Any final thoughts, Jack?

View attachment 500402
She wanted Mulberry to gift her a new bag, didn't she?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
ugh, shut up jack. you live in a massive house, you just can't move for all the sideboards and curtains

and leave moose alone. hate it when she likes things i like grr 😠

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
reading my mum’s old Judith krantz - they are hilarious, everyone is so rich. I love a good Jackie Collins as well because I think she makes it tasteless and more fun
Your not
Jack Monroe: Emotional Fap for thread title!!!

just catching up a little - been BUSY tarping a roof in the pissing rain. I can confirm that waterproof clothing doesn’t stay waterproof for ever. Next time, I’ll wear a wetsuit and snorkel 😂
your not the guy thatching the cottage across the Lane from me are you. They’re having a hell of a day, pouring and gale force winds and the tarps blown off.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.