Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
Looks like the cover of the Primal Scream album. I’d rather eat the album cover and vinyl!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I have no idea what squid ink tastes like, but it is literally repulsive. It'd be like fish swimming around squirting pepper spray or Lynx at bigger thug fish.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Even beyond the clearly obvious awfulness of that so-called culinary dish, it's the basic things such as apparently undercooked pasta and the lashings of lemon that must surely just drown out the taste of everything else before it's even got anywhere near the plate. That isn't fish seasoned with lemon, that's a lemon and fish dish. Subtlety and balancing flavours are concepts that Monroe is seemingly yet to grasp...

Reactions: 26
That dish looks like something even Lovecraft himself wouldn't pull up from the depths of his imagination...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 497486
Imagine if someone served you this at a dinner party? I would simply have to get my partner to ring me with a fake emergency.

Dry looking squid ink pasta/noodles, chewy lemon, tinned sardines and tomato puree? Nah x
Grunking but but are we sure they aren't cola flavoured laces? bleeping hell, that's the stuff of nightmares dear fraus!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I suppose if the squid is used for food, the ink might as well be used as well. It’s black so that when it’s released it stops predators from seeing the squid while it gets away.
The black pasta, common or garden stuff just has colour and flavour added though. Real squid ink pasta is real gourmet stuff and not for me 🤢

Reactions: 18
I love squid ink - it's a key element of arròs negre, which is utterly delicious, although I can see how all that blackness can look offputting.

Having said that, Jack's squid ink pasta looks vile. I dunno if it's all the dry pasta, or the sad little splodge of tomato sauce, or the weird combo of tomato and lemon peel, or the dirty pan. It's just so pitiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
now, I like squid and squid ink (sorry!) nice delicate seafood flavour (if you like that sort of thing) but the spaghetti jack used in that coolinairy crime is merely coloured with ink. i don't think it retains the flavour, like how you can't really taste a difference when you get red or green pasta

Reactions: 28
I suppose if the squid is used for food, the ink might as well be used as well. It’s black so that when it’s released it stops predators from seeing the squid while it gets away.
The black pasta, common or garden stuff just has colour and flavour added though. Real squid ink pasta is real gourmet stuff and not for me 🤢
Ozzy Osbourne threw that up back in his hey day. * Drumroll please.*

• Haha
Reactions: 19
now, I like squid and squid ink (sorry!) nice delicate seafood flavour (if you like that sort of thing) but the spaghetti jack used in that coolinairy crime is merely coloured with ink. i don't think it retains the flavour, like how you can't really taste a difference when you get red or green pasta
I'd probably like it too. I like oysters, and they taste of the sea, but sadly I don't eat them frequently enough to be hospitalised for an allergic reaction.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Don't know if this has been shared before, remind you of any one. The queen of Cordon Bleugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
😂😂 I always think of the lumberjack shirts as the 🇨🇦 thing tbh maybe it's because Mr Spam has a whole bloody wardrobe of them which he's itching to break out when we emigrate back in July ...
Mr SM has just purchased from eBay a pair of LL Bean jeans lined with tartan fleece, who knows . I can see Jack embracing the lumber look.

View attachment 497486

I know that not much of her food looks appealing, but, that’s the most horrible thing so far.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wait, what time did she make this dish? I thought it was an old picture.How is that going to reheat? Why is she cooking for people, what have they done to deserve that?

• Haha
  • Wow
I have no idea what squid ink tastes like, but it is literally repulsive. It'd be like fish swimming around squirting pepper spray or Lynx at bigger thug fish.
Wait, what time did she make this dish? I thought it was an old picture.How is that going to reheat? Why is she cooking for people, what have they done to deserve that?
I imagine that her friends have a secret WhatsApp where they decided whose turn it is to be I’ll and not go. I enjoy anyone cooking for me, but, not that, please not that.

I imagine that her friends have a secret WhatsApp where they decided whose turn it is to be I’ll and not go. I enjoy anyone cooking for me, but, not that, please not that.
ill not I’ll

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.