Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she's an absolute walt. I always try to imagine what I would think about her tweets if I read as an ordinary non-tattling squiggle and yes, I think I would be wondering what the hell this hole is playing at.

Reactions: 37
Professional hat? Has anyone seen this professional hat because I believe Jack must have lost it some time ago. Huge sentimental value. Offering a reward for its return - no questions asked etc
It’ll be in a sentient puddle somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's infuriating when she does her whole "lol autism and ADHD I'm just so quirky!" act. Other frauen with more experience of those conditions can and have explain why far better than I.

It's also just plain bizarre, because that whole thread is basically her going "hahaha I'm so tit at my job!!!" You write cookbooks, Jack. You're supposed to give accurate, easy to follow instructions on cooking. That's it. So why advertise your incompetence to the world?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
The man from Eircom has arrived to finally hook our little slice of the arse end of nowhere up to fibre broadband.
After the hello, my first sentence was, 'All this tit will be up and running perfectly by 6, won't it?'
He assured me it would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Ohhh, a 21-year-old who knows better than everyone else? That's new and exciting, well done Guardian.

I used student cookbooks. I still have Fiona Beckett's Beyond Baked Beans series, because they have some real gems. And she explains some of the "why"s of cooking (one example that comes to mind, apropos of nothing, is that she tells you why to use arborio rice, not long-grain, for a risotto. Ahem).
I was lucky in that I learned to cook before going to uni, but I hate the attitude the writer seems to have towards people who can't! Even in recent times it's pretty rare for 18/19 year olds starting uni to be able to cook anything more than scrambled eggs or the beans a la toast, so having a guide at hand is really useful imo. I still use the cookbooks I learnt with, namely a random collection of soups, a gigantic veggie/vegan cookbook from the 80s, and an amazing second-hand Indian cookbook that had a recipe for a curry that feeds 50 (!) people 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The way she keeps trying to give reasons and explanations for things is sus. Protesting too much. Her not so subtle messages to Tattle are making her look unhinged. She's typing away there about not caring what people think on Twitter while Grunking her socks off daily on a separate window. All she's doing is sending people looking for the answer to this odd behaviour and it ain't Autism or ADHD, it's Lie-ebetes 👋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Professional hat? Has anyone seen this professional hat because I believe Jack must have lost it some time ago. Huge sentimental value. Offering a reward for its return - no questions asked etc
Perhaps it's embroidered with her initials just like the lost scarf

• Haha
Reactions: 31
That article about student cookbooks is a bit annoying, eh? But then, it wasn't written for me, so if the Zoomers like it, so be it. I think I (tail-end GenX-er) was too busy getting laid (or trying to) and partying during my student years to be interested in cooking tbh (I sometimes wonder if getting laid and partying is just not a thing young ones are intesting in these days?).
Apparently the younger generation are drinking less and having less casual sex, plus things like clubbing were on the decline even pre-COVID. Most of the uni age people I know are really into healthy living, posting gym selfies and being insufferable wokescolds on social media. None of them cook though, they seem to live off Deliveroos.

I did have one cookbook at uni and have kept hold of it as it has a nice recipe for red lentil moussaka that I sometimes make, plus a couple of decent veggie curries. I'd sometimes cook stuff from there if I was having a man or lady over and was trying to seduce them with a candle-lit dinner in my crappy shared house. The candles were handy as you couldn't see how dirty the house was.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Why does she have to attribute everything to Autism and ADHD though? I do loads of weird stuff - everyone does, we don't need to slap a label on it, it's just who we are 🤷‍♀️
I match my pegs when I hang my washing, I didn’t realise other people didn’t , I don’t assume I need a label

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Apparently the younger generation are drinking less and having less casual sex, plus things like clubbing were on the decline even pre-COVID. Most of the uni age people I know are really into healthy living, posting gym selfies and being insufferable wokescolds on social media. None of them cook though, they seem to live off Deliveroos.
Maybe it is the uni town I live in that is different but I am surrounded by BTL student houses and although I can absolutely agree on the deliveroos, the drinking aspect does not seem to have waned around here.

The recycling bins, parties until 7am and evidence on the streets that I invariably have to hose down (🤢) shows that they still love a good night in/out/cricket game in the alleyway.

T-3 hours

Bring out the chocolate buttons everyone!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Dear ninnies,

I am doing a chaos by proxy.
I had my covid jab yesterday and have been VERY ill overnight and today.
I feel this is directly related to Jack's live with Del Monte later.
If I have the strength to lift my typing hand I may be able to struggle through,
just like Jack always does.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
My prediction for later: hands on hips complaining about how much work it’s been to bring you this tit show.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Regardless of whether or not any of us believe Jack, the retweeting of that thread leaves a bitter taste. Did the retweet happen when she was dissociating too?

As someone who has actually seen this behaviour first hand from victims of trauma, this makes me feel physically ill.
I don't think she actually knows what the word 'dissociation ' means. Most people who do so don't feel the need to tweet constantly about it, and instead are too confused and terrified during the process to do much at all, let alone something as calculated as retweeting something traumatic for Twitter clout.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Dear ninnies,

I am doing a chaos by proxy.
I had my covid jab yesterday and have been VERY ill overnight and today.
I feel this is directly related to Jack's live with Del Monte later.
If I have the strength to lift my typing hand I may be able to struggle through,
just like Jack always does.
Sounds SEVERE but you must struggle through...

I’ve been to the dentist for two fillings so have an ouchy mouth, I won’t be having Pringles for my 6pm snack

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I
I wonder if she will make alcohol free drinks with glace cherries, akin to the drinks of the housewives of her favourite era.

When birds wearing trazzers and having tattoos shocked the world.
Oooh yes, snowballs, without the advocaat, be like drinking uncooked scrambled egg,
with a cherry on the top.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.