Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
L'ananas!

Jay Rayner just posted a link to this on Twitter - it's an article about student cookbooks but it reminded me of someone else...

It says in the article that it's essential to inhale Jack Monroe's books. I'm not really comfortable with the thought of that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Dear frauen, I hope that my IRL stuff is now done and I will be less BUSY soon.
I will be vague but recently I’ve had to revisit a situation and people where I was gaslighted. Not for too long and I recognised it for what it was. I was a bit sad earlier having been exposed to some more of the same, in fact in classic style I was blamed for always moaning...about the gaslighting. Hanyway I came for a distractagrunk and I feel so much happier (even though Mack Jonroe has been particularly triggering to some of the canal 💓) I think it’s just because I feel “safe” around keepers of receipts if you know what I mean? It’s made me feel so much better to remember the world is full of Fraus of the Haus p
On topic- can’t wait to tattle along to the insta bollox tonight
Me too, Hotes, very recently in fact. It's absolutely horrible, and I'm glad you feel much happier now!! ❤❤ It's the worst when a person like that hurts you but all of their friends are won over by them, so seeing a forum like this exists gives me huge relief that other people are capable of seeing right through a narc's lies and deceit.

My ex, known for lying to me and the other women he was close to for months, was recently celebrated by my friends for ... lying to them for months and crafting some elaborate, grandiose scheme to impress them. I felt like the 'weird psycho ex' myself when I read all of the things he'd done to them, remembering the times he would insult, shame and belittle me for the smallest things, all because he was so deeply insecure that every fault he saw in me was one he felt he had himself. It was only recently that I realised he was a narcissist, thanks in prt to the lovely cabal <3 and to a show I was watching. He fits all the signs of covert narcissism, and I really should've guessed... He hasn't changed at all, and in fact he's become worse. I only hope that he hasn't hurt any more women, because I don't want anybody else to get hurt in the same way.
Thankfully I didn't stay too long in that relationship, but it's a year I won't get back, and his presence at events my close friends have organised kept me inside a lot last year. I always thought I was the problem - I got called overemotional so much I started to believe it, and my mental health has never been 100% stable - and refrained from telling people, lest they think I was aforementioned crazy ex. For women especially this stereotype is dangerous ... seems we're at most risk of having partners or ex partners who use our normal emotional responses against us.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack's kindly set us up the chairs for a Tattle watch-along tonight. @Marmalade Atkins fancy getting some fraus or some of Jack's friends onto the chairs?! Kinda like the Sgt. Pepper album cover....but better.

The Chairs1.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I remember her posting every five minutes about asda smart price stuff a while back - was she angling for a gig with them?
I thought so, too. The weekly performative £20 trek to ASDA, and always ASDA, which she made sound like a Mount Everest tour, was probably an attempt. Since the offers did not exactly roll in poor old ASDA never got a mention again 😭 😆, ah, wait, the last time she mentioned it was in her Christmas slop dinner for the Express.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I am getting closer and closer to my end date so I am 100% closing down the laptop for an hour and 'tuning in' to Tattle at 6pm 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Jay Rayner just posted a link to this on Twitter - it's an article about student cookbooks but it reminded me of someone else...

Sorry if this shows me up to be a 'middle-aged home economist who went to university 25 years ago', but how on earth do you do a tequila shot in your eye?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
It says in the article that it's essential to inhale Jack Monroe's books. I'm not really comfortable with the thought of that.
Might be more palatable than the recipes. And it is exactly what I would expect someone called Fliss Freeborn to do; quirkily, barefoot in her Cotswold kitchen, sideboards strewn with dried herbs and smugness.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Might be more palatable than the recipes. And it is exactly what I would expect someone called Fliss Freeborn to do; quirkily, barefoot in her Cotswold kitchen, sideboards strewn with dried herbs and smugness.
Wearing lululemon and SB post peloton ride.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sorry if this shows me up to be a 'middle-aged home economist who went to university 25 years ago', but how on earth do you do a tequila shot in your eye?
When working as a tequila shot girl during Uni, I did miss someone’s mouth and poured it straight into his eye. Did he get drunk from imbibing it ocularly? It remains a mystery as I wasn’t allowed to work in the tequila tent after that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I'm so glad someone said it. The name tipped me off too. How am I *not* going to google someone called 'Fliss Freeborn' to double check my assumptions were right? (they are).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
@Marmalade Atkins , there was a gift in your artwork for everybody- I particularly loved the Cable Dossier ! Thank space you !!

Question (not on tinned fruit): Will tonight's viewing numbers match the exact number of the participants of our last poll?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
When working as a tequila shot girl during Uni, I did miss someone’s mouth and poured it straight into his eye. Did he get drunk from imbibing it ocularly? It remains a mystery as I wasn’t allowed to work in the tequila tent after that.
I snorted vodka once.
don’t know why
Don’t recommend

also sneezed once while taking an echinacea capsule and it lodged in my sinus and took ages to blow out and all the powder escaped and it was so painful I swore I would never intentionally snort any powder ever.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Eye membranes are thin (or something? #science) so the alcohol works faster. Same goes for up the bum. Someone told me this at work, for professional reasons, honest guvnor.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.