Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jay Rayner just posted a link to this on Twitter - it's an article about student cookbooks but it reminded me of someone else...

Omg I have that Sam Stern student cookbook mentioned in the article and I’m not and have never been a uni student but it is a fantastic cookbook! 🤣

Reactions: 25
Ooh I'm hoping for an accidental panning down of the camera so we can get a kitchen floor status update.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Omg I have that Sam Stern student cookbook mentioned in the article and I’m not and have never been a uni student but it is a fantastic cookbook! 🤣
Same! I think it’s really good - still use now occasionally 10 years after uni. Lots of different options and no stupid ingredients. (I do think it was written by his mother though - I think it says so on the book jacket)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Predictions for later:

PassAgg comment within first 180 seconds
Bullshit justification for buying a premium brand can (maybe THAT WAS THEN AND THIS IS NOW)
Rented kitchen
Foot on a spike if emergency exit required

Seriously, given the extremes of mood and subject lately, I think she’ll be all over the place later. It’s going to be a hard watch I think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Later I will be most surprised/disappointed if she doesn't say 'as a single mum and former food bank user...'

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Seriously, given the extremes of mood and subject lately, I think she’ll be all over the place later. It’s going to be a hard watch I think.
You'd hope she has learned from her previous disasters (and the sterling advice on here), and normally I'd say something along the lines of 'well, it can't possibly be as bad as the Hellmann's lives'. But this is Jack we're talking about, so .....

• Haha
Reactions: 37
You'll be relieved to know there are a couple of questions for Jack to answer later 😂

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.38.03.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.38.24.png

• Haha
Reactions: 81
Jack Bingo... you get a full house if she refers to herself as a ‘chaos of a human being’ (seriously, rewatch Hellman’s Live, she says it at least once an episode).

• Haha
Reactions: 41
You'll be relieved to know there are a couple of questions for Jack to answer later 😂

View attachment 484678

View attachment 484676
The first one is savage 😂 but Jack is thick enough to tell us there is no difference, sadly for Del Monte.

Do you reckon we’ll get another bizarre anecdote like the one with her dad having bread next to his gelatinous chicken curries (of DKL fame) in case he had to run off mid dinner, as the only person capable of extinguishing fires in Southend?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I can’t wait to revisit the eye of Sauron. It thrills and repulses me at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Squiggle is not wrong about the cherries. But I'm pleased about that as they are :sick:
I wonder where Jack stands on the subject of fruit cocktail cherries?
Heaven help whichever family member got the lone cherry instead of Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Squiggle is not wrong about the cherries. But I'm pleased about that as they are :sick:
I wonder where Jack stands on the subject of fruit cocktail cherries?
I have a vague recollection that she has already covered the fruit cocktail cherry phenomenon as part of triflegate.
Edit: why do I know this? Whyyyy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.