Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s quite interesting that RM has been posting about attending one of the protests but no interaction, not even a like, from Jack. I thought for sure when I saw it start that Jack would jump all over it (and honestly I was half expecting her to run there as soon as she realised...).

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Even if it’s that she’s alienated herself entirely and it’s her own fault, I still can’t help feeling sorry for her that her parents/L/the friends she mentions never ever seem to step in. She seems to be genuinely almost entirely alone and while it may well be her own fault, that’s a really tit place to be.

The rest I’m more torn on, I think something is wrong with her but I always seem to think she’s just lashing out then she comes back with something that makes it seem so planned and calculated.
Sorry on a mini grunk. I would bet my house that a lot of people started off really sympathetic to her and wanting to help, but it’s thing after thing after thing. All of it the worst possible version of the thing and elevenerifed to high heaven. Even the most dedicated and loving friend/family member has their limits and sometimes you have to draw the line for your own well-being. I’m so sorry if that sounds callous, it’s not meant to, I’ve just been on the other side of this situation and it really impacted my own health in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Exciting news cabal - today I received my ADHD diagnosis! I'd highly recommend the Psychiatry UK Right to Choose route - just under 5 weeks from GP referral to diagnosis, and that's with me taking my time filling all the forms in cos, y'know, ADHD.

Just thought I'd mention it here because I know that a few other members have mentioned considering pursuing a diagnosis. Oh, and because I'll now not be taking responsibility for any of my shortcomings and mistakes, obviously ;)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 128
Part funny, part incredibly disturbing how Del Monte are just gamely ploughing ahead with this, even tagging her twitter account despite her current tweet topics.

I mean I get that they want their pound of flesh, but surely there must be a duty of care to a) Jack and b) Del Monte followers who click on her profile expecting tinned fruit?
I was thinking this earlier! What about the tinned fruit fans who will rock up to her profile in their thousands after tomorrow’s much professional live? They aren’t going to be expecting what they find there are they? Seems irresponsible at best.

Reactions: 36
Honestly it feels like she's bored of making poverty her entire personality so is changing to make her horrific experiences outlined in that tweet thread her entire personality.

It's utterly twisted.
I honestly feel the same. Sorry but it feels a lot like she knew she was getting called out more and more, and work drying up. Ever the opportunist, she saw one and took it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Isn't it likely that she is a member though? Otherwise she would not be able to read links posted, even if most of them are her tweets.
I can’t see her not posting if she could, I don’t think she’d be able to help herself 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 27
She seems to be on a roll with liking tweets this evening.

Thought this one might annoy everyone.

46D43457-F642-4358-8208-8B87DFD0326C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Hello everyone, well what a tit weekend.
I just wanted to say thank you to the cabal for keeping me going after feeling very sad with her latest.
I don’t post much but had to say - she gets crappy with someone who suggested she reports it afresh but then says she has encouraged others to report it so that “we” can get justice.

It’s so mind bending
0FBC1317-5CCE-424A-A13D-494588F7DB05.jpeg
BD90116D-7948-43B4-B2AE-199AE17F90CD.jpeg

very much looking forward to tomorrow, popcorn ready ❤

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I've never known anyone so desperate to be completely and totally blameless. Always an excuse. Always. Never just 'sorry that was thoughtless of me'.
Sorry if been mentioned but this ☝100%. For such a 'lioness truth telling ballbreaker' she is strangely timid about just owning what she says. Always the backtracking and blaming it on something. The awful Cameron lad tweet 'I was drunk - not my fault'. Then ADHD. Then anxiety. Then not sleeping for 50 billion years. Toothache. Now a fugue state. There is always something so she needn't take responsibility for her words.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
I honestly feel the same. Sorry but it feels a lot like she knew she was getting called out more and more, and work drying up. Ever the opportunist, she saw one and took it 🤷‍♀️
I wonder was the catalyst her attempt to finally write the definitive guide to "the poverty"/ retort to tattle and she has realised the inconsistencies are just too numerous so she's decided to bank on these experiences as her explanation for everything.

Honestly, this "fugue" thing from earlier has just set off major alarm bells for me, like from now on every call out every inconsistency will be met with "I was disassociating when I said that".

Ps. I am questioning her motives not her experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Oh that British Museum thing 😬
Even superfan Zoe Williams seemed a bit exasperated/confused. Asking Jack what specific ingredients she thought were good for brain health. 'Risotto'. I thought she was going to explain how rice was beneficial - but oh no it was the stirring that was therapeutic.
Not a clue.
She's pulled that straight from Mom! Can't even have her own reasons why.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Has anyone, anywhere, ever had a BURNING question about tinned fruit though?
I would ordinarily say no, but I bet I'll have a few after seeing some maverick recipes. Most will start with the word why.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I wonder was the catalyst her attempt to finally write the definitive guide to "the poverty"/ retort to tattle and she has realised the inconsistencies are just too numerous so she's decided to bank on these experiences as her explanation for everything.

Honestly, this "fugue" thing from earlier has just set off major alarm bells for me, like from now on every call out every inconsistency will be met with "I was disassociating when I said that".

Ps. I am questioning her motives not her experience.
Exactly my thoughts, I thought this a while ago (gosh, this reads like wanting to sound extra clever or like our dear psychic slopbot)..anyway...I wondered when and with what she would come along to absolutely excuse everything she says and does. I had my bets on simply admitting that her lying is the penultimate underlying illness of all the illnesses she has got but that sounds somewhat unattractive, doesn't it. And now fugueing!

The cabal has come out with a lot of sensitive stuff at the weekend, showing a lot of non-sensationalist vulnerability and shared so much. She did not find anything to blame it on us and what did she pick, because she did not find much apart from Frauen and Herren who got hurt in the past and partly got triggered: she blames us for using the word 'victim' and for highlighting the consequences of mention details of her alleged abuser. And our master triangulateress did apparently not realise it was far too much. And if the info was not correct, that it could harm an innocent person. And: innocent or not, lynch mobs are illegal and wrong and not to be risked to encouraged in any way, even if they target the perpetrator.
She does not want to be a victim. As pointed out, there is nothing bad about that term. The problem with her and her need to do this identity stuff with the bio and lioness self-naming is that she does not give the vibes off anything she wants to be, therefore the constant mentioning of attributes and identities is a bit useless..

I also had strong 'completed it mate' vibes with her statement that the neighbourhood knows, yeah... now everyone just knows? So people believed her or not?
I do understand that back then not everyone knew and believed but she replied to it in her usual casual ways to tone it down , which is a complete contrast to stuff she said before...
But I strongly guess that this was her usual damage control because her behaviour was clearly wrong.

I would ordinarily say no, but I bet I'll have a few after seeing some maverick recipes. Most will start with the word why.
There are a lot of burning questions but they don't relate to tinned food.

Edited for spelling and clarity, not sure if the latter was achieved.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry if been mentioned but this ☝100%. For such a 'lioness ballbreaker' she is strangely timid about just owning what she says. Always the backtracking and blaming it on something. The awful Cameron lad tweet 'I was drunk - not my fault'. Then ADHD. Then anxiety. Then not sleeping for 50 billion years. Toothache. Now a fugue state. There is always something so she needn't take responsibility for her words.
Slopey shoulders

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.