Jack Monroe #163 Not saying anything new

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's influenced me to pay more attention to who I follow and who I give money to.
She really has. She has also prompted me to start having conversations with my kids now about youtubers, etc, they watch and hopefully making them aware of the potential for scamming / grifting / lying online.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hey we haven't counted shoes yet.
( I have a compelling compulsion to buy all the shoes).
Please give notice if we're counting shoes, I'll need time to assimilate that information (a lot are shoved under my bed and I'll have to find them).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
@ Horse Sauce.Good Question!
More than once I suspect..
(Sounds of barrel being scraped)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dear Diva Awards,

You appear to have made a mistake. Jack Monroe should surely be nominated in the Wordsmith of the Year category. She is a Serious Writer, not someone who dicks about on Twitter all day. To quote the great Monroe herself (from, er, Twitter), I’m a writer, my living is literally made of my own actual words. Indeed, she can work marvels with the English language, bestowing new meanings upon words such as buttercream, fold, edible, and work.

Please rectify this mistake QUICKLY.

Yours,

the Cable x

20210312_150701.jpg

20210312_150717.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Please give notice if we're counting shoes, I'll need time to assimilate that information (a lot are shoved under my bed and I'll have to find them).
Oh I SOOOO want to count the shoes, this is right up my niche.
(as the actress said to the bishop)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 478912
Diva magazine is primarily marketed towards lesbian, bisexual and queer women. Now, didn't 'someone' say 'something' yesterday about not identifying as a woman anymore? Will this nomination be respectfully declined? Absolutely not.
I believe everyone has the right to identify as they choose, be their authentic self, live and love without discrimination or oppression. But, compromising your truth for a shiny thing and a few column inches is a disgrace.

(Anyway, the mendacious minx is up against Jojo Siwa so I won't be holding my breath).
Well, I hope JoJo wins in that case. She handled the whole coming out thing with such grace and maturity. Given the country she lives in, and her target audience of children and dance mom types, it could so easily have ended up in outrage for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Dear Diva Awards,

You appear to have made a mistake. Jack Monroe should surely be nominated in the Wordsmith of the Year category. She is a Serious Writer, not someone who dicks about on Twitter all day. To quote the great Monroe herself (from, er, Twitter), I’m a writer, my living is literally made of my own actual words. Indeed, she can work marvels with the English language, bestowing new meanings upon words such as buttercream, fold, edible, and work.

Please rectify this mistake QUICKLY.

Yours,

the Cable x

View attachment 479029

View attachment 479030
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 14.15.16.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
View attachment 478912
Diva magazine is primarily marketed towards lesbian, bisexual and queer women. Now, didn't 'someone' say 'something' yesterday about not identifying as a woman anymore? Will this nomination be respectfully declined? Absolutely not.
I believe everyone has the right to identify as they choose, be their authentic self, live and love without discrimination or oppression. But, compromising your truth for a shiny thing and a few column inches is a disgrace.

(Anyway, the mendacious minx is up against Jojo Siwa so I won't be holding my breath).
Yeah, she doesn't like to call herself a woman. Unless there's a shiny woman of the year type prize in it:

I have won several awards over the years, all surprising and humbling but very nice all the same, and they are dotted around my modest home as doorstops and bookends and the like, including the Fortnum & Mason Food and Drink award, Red Magazine ‘Red Hot Woman’, Marie Claire ‘Woman At The Top’, Women Of The Future media award, Woman Of The Year, the YMCA Courage and Inspiration Award, a Diamond Jubilee Community Champion award and several others.
All the Diva award really shows is the complete lack of representation of lesbian and bi women in the media. It's usually the same clique who win every year.

Also, wonder if any of these awards came with a chunk of cash? :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Voting in the awards... she's up against Sofie Hagen. In that case, they should just rename it gobshite of the year.

Even reading about these awards is tedious. Brand of the year FFS. Are Argos or TSB doing more for the LGBTI population? Hmm, I just can't decide. I can just imagine the kind of po-faced wokefest the ceremony is going to be, all while giving awards to big corporations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That's 4am on Wednesday for me. I don't have Instagram either. Crying shame, I'll have to miss it.
Same (re: Instagram). I don’t think I could watch it without cringeing myself inside out, so it’s prob just as well!! Let me know if she does a Jollof, Fraus and Herren...

Reactions: 14
Voting in the awards... she's up against Sofie Hagen. In that case, they should just rename it gobshite of the year.

Even reading about these awards is tedious. Brand of the year FFS. Are Argos or TSB doing more for the LGBTI population? Hmm, I just can't decide. I can just imagine the kind of po-faced wokefest the ceremony is going to be, all while giving awards to big corporations.
Ugh, don't get me started on Sofie Hagen...

Good luck to Jojo. It's very hard for teenage girls to come out because there is still so much stigma attached to being a lesbian, and harder still in the Midwest. She seems like a good kid, and far more deserving than the competition!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I didn't know Jojo Siwa came out! Good for her. But she was an annoying little brat on Dance Moms lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.