Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on a grunk so sorry if this is a dupe but do we think that, while Jack was away, they spent the entire time curating a new (secret) Instagram using ancient pictures of past dishes? If so....sad

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I was excited but she has pissed me off so now I am thinking of lighting a wax melt and writing some lists have no idea how to fill next Tuesday.
I saw it on insta and came straight here, I'm due a grunk. What have I missed?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m annoyed! What the hell does “politically identifying as female “ actually bleeping mean?
she totally grimms me out in every direction. not sure how else I can describe it. it is grimmed out to 11 and something extra.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I saw it on insta and came straight here, I'm due a grunk. What have I missed?
Del Monte live.

6pm next Tuesday.

She’s cooking “her” pineapple upside down chicken recipe even though eagle-eyed fraus found lots of similar ones on google.

The anticipation is palpable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
a) Ooooo, toys out of pram!

b) I’ve never known anyone go on and on so much about not having said anything...yet.

c) She's not that important. Why re-post the non-binary interview? It’s not about YOU!

d) I'm feeling distinctly uncomfortable with the one-upmanship of abuse and harassment stories today. I may be completely out of step. Obviously, we need to discuss the issues but, just for this one day, can Jack and co duck off and not make it about them and their “lived experience”.

e) I think Jack has been disgusting today and I guess she's so angry because people didn’t realise the value of her gentle nuanced point shouting and spouting. Add that to your lived experience.

f) You need to take a break from Tattle, babe. 😗

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Still curious here about the testosterone. I know someone who started transitioning around the same time as Jack and he is now fully, traditionally 'male' in terms of appearance and behaviour and has facial hair in the places a man would grow it.
I can't get my head around everything about Jack so visibly womanlike, she must have been speaking literally when she said about a couple of shots of testosterone.
I remember her talking about her facial hair / beard, it just wasn't true.
She pulled the break quickly, probably realising how serious this is all and not just a cosplay because today is... Thursday. I remember the article in which she criticised her mum who dared to question her plan to get top surgery. She must have given the interview within that small timeframe when she got testosterone, just like when she was interviewed for the Guardian having JUST got sober. So irresponsonsible.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Del Monte live.

6pm next Tuesday.

She’s cooking “her” pineapple upside down chicken recipe even though eagle-eyed fraus found lots of similar ones on google.

The anticipation is palpable.
Oh I know what she's doing, I meant why had she pissed you off

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For anyone wondering, notjack doesn’t seem to be in the same space as Jack today, having posted some happy, flappy, clappy quote.

Or, she’s just being really really good at hiding that she’s notjack.
To be fair ActualJack isn’t in the same space on Insta as she is on twitter 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh I know what she's doing, I meant why had she pissed you off
Ffs. I am more of a twit than she is.

1. Quickly deleted sadfishing tweet asking for an oncologist.

2. Sickening attempt to insert herself into the SE situation.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
She pulled the break quickly, probably realising how serious this is all and not just a cosplay because today is... Thursday. I remember the article in which she criticised her mum who dared to question her plan to get top surgery. She must have given the interview within that small timeframe when she got testosterone, just like when she was interviewed for the Guardian having JUST got sober. So irresponsonsible.
Didn't she pay for the testosterone off the NHS too? I can't remember the details but it did sound a bit dodgy (and pretty insulting considering that most trans people have to wait for years to get hormones :/)

Reactions: 27
Ffs. I am more of a twit than she is.

1. Quickly deleted sadfishing tweet asking for an oncologist.

2. Sickening attempt to insert herself into the SE situation.
Don't be ridiculous!

I'll grunk, sounds like she's as bloody infuriating as ever. I liked it when she was AWAY

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Don't be ridiculous!

I'll grunk, sounds like she's as bloody infuriating as ever. I liked it when she was AWAY
More than usual I think 😞.

Only go for it if you feel up to it. She was on one today.

(She didn’t post granola though)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think the best thing that anyone with any sort of platform today could have done is to amplify voices that don’t always get heard.
Jack never amplifies other voices. She just shouts right over them. Especially if she can earn money from it. That’s why she disgusts me.

ETA also sad fishing cancer tweet can get to duck to. As someone who lost their dad to cancer 2.5 years ago, I can guarantee whoever it is has a whole MDT of professionals to help, and doesn’t need some pseudo oncologist with no case history on twitters input. Get in the bin, Jack.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
All this during a time when she actually said she wasn't going to be available at all due to a family matter. It's just laughable, how anybody takes her seriously I do not know. Now she's got the time to write another awful essay that literally nobody asked for. For what?
Me too, it's light and easy to watch during long lockdown.
We have binged the American Office over last few months and are currently laughing our way through Parks and Recreation. Highly recommended 👍.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm sure it will be drastically different from this, because Jack's a creative genius brimming with originality AS WE KNOW!

View attachment 476487

View attachment 476489
I am actually so excited. First live watch with the Fraus!

Do you think she'll remember the chicken this time?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.