Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it took her all day to take a picture of herself with a tin. Great days work everyone take 5
That pic was taken by a photographer called Patricia Niven at the crappy bungalow just before Jack caught covid. Or while she had it, depending on which timeline we're using.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Why does twitter bring the worst out in people, it's like a handful of the world's biggest gobshites all get together and talk mind numbing bollocks usually about themselves inserted into powerful interesting stories that are not theirs to be told.
Exactly. The hijacking of awful events and making it all about themselves. I'm sorry but Caitlin Moran having to go out at 4pm rather than 6pm for exercise is on a different stratosphere to what happened to poor Sarah.
As for Jack. Well, again she never fails to be utterly self obsessed. Making herself the victim again. She honestly seems to believe her life is harder than anyone else's ever. She really is just a tedious arse now.

And @waffle maker. I am so so sorry 😞. At the risk of doing a Jack and making it all about me, my wee Mummy died in October last year. I was blindsided as I'm sure you must be. It is most awful time and I wish you and your family well. (BTW Tattle has been such a help, so do what helps you. There are no rules with grief).

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Why does twitter bring the worst out in people, it's like a handful of the world's biggest gobshites all get together and talk mind numbing bollocks usually about themselves inserted into powerful interesting stories that are not theirs to be told.
The people I know who are heavily into Twitter (a couple are blue tickers) are absolute addicts. Like almost 24/7 Tweeting, first thing in the morning, during dinner etc. Its been shown that getting likes and comments on social media releases small amounts of dopamine that rewards your brain, and I honestly think they've developed an addiction to that feeling, whether it's negative or positive. It sounds kind of silly, because it's just a social media platform, but I do think for some people it can really warp their perception of the world and make it hard to interact normally.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Blah blah blah. No one cares. Please duck off. Stop trying to be super bleeping special like a teenager, politically a woman. What a load of old tit. The thing is the squiggles are too dense to see what she is on about and just think she is marvellous.

anyway more backlash on Twitter. I don’t even look at her anymore, I just look for these.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Still curious here about the testosterone. I know someone who started transitioning around the same time as Jack and he is now fully, traditionally 'male' in terms of appearance and behaviour and has facial hair in the places a man would grow it.
I can't get my head around everything about Jack so visibly womanlike, she must have been speaking literally when she said about a couple of shots of testosterone.
I remember her talking about her facial hair / beard, it just wasn't true.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
This is a little OT, and I want to make it clear that I am not referring to any particular incident. However, that Jay Rayner tweet - and so many others like it, which mention women being scared but not what we're scared of - really pissed me off. Feel free to skip over this if you like (my point is neither gentle nor nuanced, sorry).

If I could encourage you all to make one change in the way you discuss violence against women and girls, it would be this: use the active, rather than passive, voice. Women are killed makes it seem like some unseen force is killing us, or that it is our unlucky destiny to be killed. Men are killing women gives a far clearer idea of what the problem is.

This may seem like semantics, but it really isn't. A few reasons why:

1) When we use the passive voice, we allow room for misinterpretation. There was a huge news story here two years ago: in the Spanish state, we have a specific category of crime called gender violence, and we reached the point where 1000 men killed their partners since that category was created. Literally every news outlet reported this as 1000 women killed by their partners. I actually had a huge argument with a friend about this manner of reporting; he insisted that I was wrong, because oooh, maybe some of those partners were lesbians? None were, but by removing men from the story, the issue is obfuscated.

2) It encourages victim blaming. Language is powerful, and when we say "a woman has been raped" we are centering her in a way that is inappropriate. "A man has raped a woman" reminds us of what has actually happened.

3) Related to this: when we focus on the perpetrators, we can make progress toward a solution. Read this article to see what I mean - it neatly disspells the myth of men snapping and killing their partners out of the blue in a fit of rage. Patterns like the one highlighted here can only be identified when we look at the perpetrator, not the victim.

4) It removes vagueness. We see something very similar with racism. Last year, during the BLM protests, there was a lot of hand-wringing but not a lot of progress. That's because saying "black lives matter" or "racism is everywhere" is comfortably vague; saying "the police are racist, here's why, and here's how we can move forward" is less so. Hell, I know a guy who is a member of the Spanish fascist party whose Insta feed went from a selfie at a fascist rally to a Blackout Tuesday square - because he could happily enjoy the cognitive dissonance between the two.

Exactly the same applies to male violence. I see a lot of people saying "oh what a pity women are scared" in exactly the same way they said "racism is such a big problem" last year. Address the real issue. Take practical steps. Clearly identify the problem, and we can work towards a solution.
Thank you so much for explaining this, and in such a clear way. I’m ashamed to say I hadn’t thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense. The article you linked is a real eye-opener too, I’m glad she’s sharing the information.
I will bookmark your post to read again because it’s so important to remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
That pic was taken by a photographer called Patricia Niven at the crappy bungalow just before Jack caught covid. Or while she had it, depending on which timeline we're using.
I think that you are mistaken, dear heart, Jack is one of the long Covid crew 🤍

• Haha
Reactions: 25
For anyone wondering, notjack doesn’t seem to be in the same space as Jack today, having posted some happy, flappy, clappy quote.

Or, she’s just being really really good at hiding that she’s notjack.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
So sorry for your loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She's pushed me waaaaay beyond my normal reactions of irritation and incredulity today. My rather lovely husband is awaiting biopsy results on a nasty lump that's appeared on his neck and my eldest daughter lives right near the Clapham Common area where Sarah Everad went missing. Her dual appropriation of cancer and the tragedy of Sarah are, in my opinion, the zenith of her pitiful narcism and "me, me, make it about me" attitude.
I genuinely loathe her today.
Me too. Mr FF has been having diagnostic procedures & treatment once he got the cancer diagnosis for over 3 years, if a family member had seen fit to take to social media about it outwith our privacy I would likely lose my mind at them & likely never speak to them again. Such a prick move.

As for the SE stuff I have no words as to how awful her bandaggonning shite is. Hideous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.