Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Itā€™s been a difficult, upsetting and challenging week for a lot of people hasnā€™t it. Sending hugs for everyone who needs one. I think weā€™ve all be affected by the SE news as it couldā€™ve been any one of us, which is why itā€™s important Jack backs off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Is there ANY situation, space or traumatic event she wonā€™t insert herself firmly into and make all about her?
All I can see is ā€œI,me,my.ā€ She really does find it impossible to amplify the voices that matter at any time.
Jack I really REALLY mean this, duck the duck off you self serving ghoulish slow cooker tea drinking scrotum x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I have a real burning question.

Now this scarf was it " lost" or "misplaced" if it's freyed it was probably binned.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The scarf puddle demanded a sacrifice.

View attachment 478227
Has she definitely done the maths on that %age chance? Because someone who uses Pythag on the daily shouldnā€™t go bandying about percentages like they just donā€™t matter.

Also ā€œlostā€ as in sheā€™s lost it or ā€œlostā€ as in ā€œI donā€™t want to be walking round with your gift on me anymoreā€?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Isnā€™t it odd that the scarf owner hasnā€™t asked twitter about it but Jack has? itā€™s almost like sheā€™s trying to deflect from some earlier posts or something!

ETA *I do like to think that think scarf owner has tried to bin it off and pretend itā€™s lost so as not to hurt the smol pixies very important feelings.

The scarf puddle demanded a sacrifice.

View attachment 478227

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
A lost scarf?!

Iā€™m sorry that Louisa was careless enough to lose an object of huge sentimental value, and I hope she gets it back, but is this tonally the best use of a Twitter platform? Veering from cancer-baiting, to shoehorning herself into a heartbreaking murder investigation, to a lost cashmere scarf?

I know we can all care about more than one thing at once, but come the duck on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91
I read her family are from York. So living in London she likely wouldn't have seen them much at all this past year. I think that's what makes it especially cruel and upsetting because I imagine she was looking forward to seeing her parents. To have someone decide to take a life now of all moments, when we are all struggling to survive....I can't even fathom it.

What do you have to contribute to this situation Jack? Truly?
She does come from York, she went to the same school they my husband went to, and that my daughter went to for 6th form. York is actually a small place, at the moment I think people here are really struggling with this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.