Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Serious question, has Jack expressed any sympathy for the victim or their family/friends/loved ones? Has she acknowledged that a life has been ended?

Or has she - as always - elbowed herself to the front of an issue and drawn the spotlight onto her "struggle"?

This is probably why I truly can't stand her. She's honestly just the most self serving self obsessed twit on twitter, and that's a hell of an achievement.
She’s shoehorning that into her ME ME ME ‘piece’ right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The saddest thing is, in imo, is there are so many JM types out there. Jack is just semi famous, but, I know many people who are just as bad at labelling themselves to the hottest bandwagon, self diagnosing themselves with a multitude of non existent maladies, screaming oppression and wanting to be a perpetual victim. I can't bleeping stand any of them.

Honestly makes my piss boil, although, I'm not drinking a slow cooker worth of tea every day, so not much piss to boil! :ROFLMAO:
Exactly this! And @Malkiavelli wrote about the phenomenon on Tuesday but I could not reply as TOO SLOW...my repulsion is not directly aimed at her either but the group she represents. It is just getting too much. If it was her alone I would not bother that much but it is mainstream culture that enables her behaviour. And above anyone SHE is the one who piles on, who bullies people online, who accuses, threatens with legal action...
It is HER who writes the most inappropriate things. I won't go into any details here because the days have been hard enough for everyone but things that JM claims have affected/are affecting her do not resonate with me as she talks about them in such an unsensitive manner that I doubt she has really had any real experience of them.
I certainly have not felt any kind of comfort or understanding. The care, experience and facts have all come from the cabal. Apart from her ill-informedness her factual knowledge is severely lacking, as shown with the call for an oncologist amongst various other subjects. That's why she can't claim that she had ever properly consulted on any topic.

I wonder what has gone wrong that people lack any sense of dignity . What happened to the concept of imagining yourself in the other person's situation? Imagine having experienced a terrible loss and have Jack comment publicly about it knowing duck all.
But she accuses the bullies™ of wanting her dead? What kind of claim is that?
All I have seen her doing well is sadfishing and emotionally blackmailing.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
In those tweets she is basically stating she will be monetising Sarah's death. I feel sick.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
Yes, the rest of the world is a bleeping paradise for women, thank you Mr Bot.

Worth noting that the only people Jack has responded to directly are Smol Bots and Jay Rayner. Both are male. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah, what we were really waiting for was bot to to add even more value to the debate.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think she’s having a go at the gender critical quote-tweeters rather than us. Not sure though.
I actually agree, I don’t think she would have been able to resist putting in a more obvious reference to Tattle if she meant here.

I do wonder if she’d read here though and this is her getting her “BULLIES” cry out because she knows we’re right about the reaction she’ll get if she does do what she said, and she’ll just never produce something and use the bullies as an excuse for it rather than admit she was wrong in the first place.

Reactions: 25
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot else to do' = brb, I'm going for a piss and a sandwich. bleeping christ, nobody wants to hear about YOU (I can address you directly since you are compelled to read here). We've established as a cabal that we all have teeth and we are sick to the back of them of what you have to say about yourself. If you're waiting a few days until you publish whatever offensive onanistic screed you've written, you still have plenty of time for self-reflection. Stick it in the bin and give us some slop instead. Slow cooker tea was a good start but you can do better than that. It didn't even have any pickled eggs floating in it.

So sorry for your loss @waffle maker it must be difficult being so far away at a time like this 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 71
why is she suddenly showing off about being NB before anyone else? what's this got to do with anything?
Probably read someone saying it's a trend or something. But being NB is hardly new, there were plenty of NB celebs in the 80s, even if it wasn't called that back then.

I'm confused about why she's writing this article and why she's going on about NB issues now. She's actually taken quite a gender critical position here: that you can transition, take hormones etc, but essentially still be your biological sex. I can't see that going down well with some of her blue tick mates.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
H
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot else to do' = brb, I'm going for a piss and a sandwich. bleeping christ, nobody wants to hear about YOU (I can address you directly since you are compelled to read here). We've established as a cabal that we all have teeth and we are sick to the back of them of what you have to say about yourself. If you're waiting a few days until you publish whatever offensive onanistic screed you've written, you still have plenty of time for self-reflection. Stick it in the bin and give us some slop instead. Slow cooker tea was a good start but you can do better than that. It didn't even have any pickled eggs floating in it.

So sorry for your loss @waffle maker it must be difficult being so far away at a time like this 🖤
Hopefully by the time she has written someone else will have done the decent thing and written it better and more thoughtfully. Just stick to attempting t cook love at least then it only offends the taste buds and the eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Probably read someone saying it's a trend or something. But being NB is hardly new, there were plenty of NB celebs in the 80s, even if it wasn't called that back then.

I'm confused about why she's writing this article and why she's going on about NB issues now. She's actually taken quite a gender critical position here: that you can transition, take hormones etc, but essentially still be your biological sex. I can't see that going down well with some of her blue tick mates.
But how could this have happened! Her point was so gentle and nuanced!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
We need to make a bingo board!
How late will she be?
Will there be someone talking in her ear?
Will she drop an AirPod in her mixing bowl?
Will she put something in the oven and then never show the finished results?
How long will the longest on-air silence be? Will there be a guest who will take over to hide how uncomfortable it is?
Will she remember the chicken?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is a little OT, and I want to make it clear that I am not referring to any particular incident. However, that Jay Rayner tweet - and so many others like it, which mention women being scared but not what we're scared of - really pissed me off. Feel free to skip over this if you like (my point is neither gentle nor nuanced, sorry).

If I could encourage you all to make one change in the way you discuss violence against women and girls, it would be this: use the active, rather than passive, voice. Women are killed makes it seem like some unseen force is killing us, or that it is our unlucky destiny to be killed. Men are killing women gives a far clearer idea of what the problem is.

This may seem like semantics, but it really isn't. A few reasons why:

1) When we use the passive voice, we allow room for misinterpretation. There was a huge news story here two years ago: in the Spanish state, we have a specific category of crime called gender violence, and we reached the point where 1000 men killed their partners since that category was created. Literally every news outlet reported this as 1000 women killed by their partners. I actually had a huge argument with a friend about this manner of reporting; he insisted that I was wrong, because oooh, maybe some of those partners were lesbians? None were, but by removing men from the story, the issue is obfuscated.

2) It encourages victim blaming. Language is powerful, and when we say "a woman has been raped" we are centering her in a way that is inappropriate. "A man has raped a woman" reminds us of what has actually happened.

3) Related to this: when we focus on the perpetrators, we can make progress toward a solution. Read this article to see what I mean - it neatly disspells the myth of men snapping and killing their partners out of the blue in a fit of rage. Patterns like the one highlighted here can only be identified when we look at the perpetrator, not the victim.

4) It removes vagueness. We see something very similar with racism. Last year, during the BLM protests, there was a lot of hand-wringing but not a lot of progress. That's because saying "black lives matter" or "racism is everywhere" is comfortably vague; saying "the police are racist, here's why, and here's how we can move forward" is less so. Hell, I know a guy who is a member of the Spanish fascist party whose Insta feed went from a selfie at a fascist rally to a Blackout Tuesday square - because he could happily enjoy the cognitive dissonance between the two.

Exactly the same applies to male violence. I see a lot of people saying "oh what a pity women are scared" in exactly the same way they said "racism is such a big problem" last year. Address the real issue. Take practical steps. Clearly identify the problem, and we can work towards a solution.

• Heart
Reactions: 107
That thing she does where she repeatedly fury vomits on Twitter and then leaves with a 'anyway I've got loads to do because humble brag braggety brag braaaaag' 😂

Honey you couldn't take two days away from Twitter.

If you've got stuff to do you sure as tit aren't doing it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I love how her hot takes on things take like a week to write. At this rate the poor girls crime could be solved and the bloke charged much quicker in the uptake journos will have beaten her to the punch. I imagine her a a two fingered pointy fingered typist.

• Angry
Reactions: 26
She is so tone deaf. A woman had died, we don't even know if she has been sexually abused yet. ( most likely) They don't know what happened to her, the have not determined her cause of death or what the bloke took her for.

This is not HER* story to tell, back off and let the police tell this girls story.
The poor girl hasn’t even been identified yet. Jack, just bleeping stop it ffs.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
This is a little OT, and I want to make it clear that I am not referring to any particular incident. However, that Jay Rayner tweet - and so many others like it, which mention women being scared but not what we're scared of - really pissed me off. Feel free to skip over this if you like (my point is neither gentle nor nuanced, sorry).

If I could encourage you all to make one change in the way you discuss violence against women and girls, it would be this: use the active, rather than passive, voice. Women are killed makes it seem like some unseen force is killing us, or that it is our unlucky destiny to be killed. Men are killing women gives a far clearer idea of what the problem is.

This may seem like semantics, but it really isn't. A few reasons why:

1) When we use the passive voice, we allow room for misinterpretation. There was a huge news story here two years ago: in the Spanish state, we have a specific category of crime called gender violence, and we reached the point where 1000 men killed their partners since that category was created. Literally every news outlet reported this as 1000 women killed by their partners. I actually had a huge argument with a friend about this manner of reporting; he insisted that I was wrong, because oooh, maybe some of those partners were lesbians? None were, but by removing men from the story, the issue is obfuscated.

2) It encourages victim blaming. Language is powerful, and when we say "a woman has been raped" we are centering her in a way that is inappropriate. "A man has raped a woman" reminds us of what has actually happened.

3) Related to this: when we focus on the perpetrators, we can make progress toward a solution. Read this article to see what I mean - it neatly disspells the myth of men snapping and killing their partners out of the blue in a fit of rage. Patterns like the one highlighted here can only be identified when we look at the perpetrator, not the victim.

4) It removes vagueness. We see something very similar with racism. Last year, during the BLM protests, there was a lot of hand-wringing but not a lot of progress. That's because saying "black lives matter" or "racism is everywhere" is comfortably vague; saying "the police are racist, here's why, and here's how we can move forward" is less so. Hell, I know a guy who is a member of the Spanish fascist party whose Insta feed went from a selfie at a fascist rally to a Blackout Tuesday square - because he could happily enjoy the cognitive dissonance between the two.

Exactly the same applies to male violence. I see a lot of people saying "oh what a pity women are scared" in exactly the same way they said "racism is such a big problem" last year. Address the real issue. Take practical steps. Clearly identify the problem, and we can work towards a solution.
I will remember that in future - you are right, the passive voice disguised the real problem

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.