Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Modern life is rubbish. There are no right and wrong things to do, and whatever helps and works. We have as a family made up our own stuff over the years and made a kind of shrine for my Dad with candles and pictures which seemed to help my kids accept what is to them a very abstract concept. Although, when told we would get something to remember Grandad by my youngest (then5) asked for his head
im really sorry I did laugh at that last bit. Kids eh. Love their little minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
‘Politically identifying as female’ is NOT A THING. I completely agree that gender is a spectrum but this statement verges on the offensive for nb and trans folks. It’s actually insulting how she flip flops on this matter.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
This is not about trans women or what women should or shouldn't do. It is about male violence.
There isn't a band wagon that Jack won't jump onto.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Why does she have to be so chippy all the time? You don’t need to have that pissed off tone when making a point; others make theirs with far more dignity and a calmer tone of voice. There’s being passionate snd then there’s just sounding pissed off constantly because it’s your MO, perhaps?

She’s chippier than a carpenter.
Chippier than those left over chippy chips 🍟

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Interesting what she takes away from here, isn’t it. You can’t make a gentle, nuanced point, you foul vampire. Just go away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Tell you what Jack, you know what is ‘utterly destroying’ what Sarah’s family and hundreds of other murdered women’s families are going through right now. That’s not your bleeping story.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

ETA - used wrong words.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.