Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Broke 47 bones in her foot?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

The human foot is a strong and complex mechanical structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints (20 of which are actively articulated), and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments. The joints of the foot are the ankle and subtalar joint and the interphalangeal articulations of the foot.

Wikipedia I know but...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

What?! Doesn't a human foot only have 26 bones? I am HOOTING!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Spent 10 minutes trying to peel a clove of garlic.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

FFS there's only 26 bones in the foot, trust Jack my-black-cat's-blacker-than-your-black-cat Monroe to break 47 of them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have a Smeg oven (double one - fancy 😏). It's my pride and joy, after I left (escaped) my eldest son's dad it was my present to myself for my new home. It cost more than my car at the time did and I scrimped money each month to pay for it. Worth every penny to me and will always be a symbol of my independence and freedom from that relationship ❤
Can't say looking at something, knowing I got it because I was just a massive bleeping beg-a-smeg (thank you so much for that phrase 😂) would have the same feeling.
Up yours Jack.
That’s a lovely story - if it’s one of the pyro self clean ovens please never use that mode 😂 I successfully used it twice & third time it blew the bleeping internal door off. It was terrifying watching tiny pellets of boiling hot glass spit out our oven onto the kitchen floor, I thought it could blow up the house tbh. Our Smeg engineer said about 2/3rds of his call outs are over self clean and he actively discourages people from using it! Sorry to put a downer on it but we must protect your oven of peace at all costs xx

• Wow
Spent 10 minutes trying to peel a clove of garlic.
And her 'clever method' is to soak it in hot water for 10mins...sorry what? Just crush the clove by either crusher or knife and the skin will stay whole and can be chucked? Why does she always add so much effort to the most simple things 😭

• Haha
The human foot is a strong and complex mechanical structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints (20 of which are actively articulated), and more than a hundred muscles, tendons, and ligaments. The joints of the foot are the ankle and subtalar joint and the interphalangeal articulations of the foot.

Wikipedia I know but...
Snap, was just about to post that.

Why does she always add so much effort to the most simple things
Especially since she has such bad arthritis. Wonders never cease.

Reactions: 8
Eh? Can someone help me out here, I didn’t realise fridges were designed for left/right handed people. I thought they opened in the way that they do with the handle on the side it’s on to fit in to the kitchen.

I have a fridge that I can change the side of the handle but always thought it was so it would fit in with the design of the kitchen...if that makes sense?

I have had owned two houses and the fridges in each have opened on different sides but that’s due to the kitchen layout not my dominant hand.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
And her 'clever method' is to soak it in hot water for 10mins...sorry what? Just crush the clove by either crusher or knife and the skin will stay whole and can be chucked? Why does she always add so much effort to the most simple things 😭
It was like when on DKL she said you could do this by putting garlic in the microwave. And Matt said 'for how long' and her face was all 'how the duck should I know, I've never tried it'.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That’s a lovely story - if it’s one of the pyro self clean ovens please never use that mode 😂 I successfully used it twice & third time it blew the bleeping internal door off. It was terrifying watching tiny pellets of boiling hot glass spit out our oven onto the kitchen floor, I thought it could blow up the house tbh. Our Smeg engineer said about 2/3rds of his call outs are over self clean and he actively discourages people from using it! Sorry to put a downer on it but we must protect your oven of peace at all costs xx
“You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!” The Italian Job 😅

Also Jack's fake broken foot wtf! The writer says she carries on as if it isn’t an issue. Erm, that’s because it didn’t bleeping happen, hence the non-issue. I wonder how many bones she broke when she was hit by/fell under a train and/or fell on the tracks and nobody helped.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I bake a lot more when I'm depressed. It's not even so much that I have a bigger appetite when I'm really bad either, but it's almost like trying to create something which will make me feel again, if that makes sense. Lots more beige food too.
This makes perfect sense to me. There something very soothing and pleasing about the process of baking. And then you get something nice at the end of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I've finally lost my mind with the 47 broken foot bones. Oh Jack, you are too much!

Also, no one, I repeat, NO ONE with any cookery knowledge struggles to peel a garlic clove for TEN MINUTES. Just bash the bugger with the side of a knife.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t understand the appeal of SMEG fridges. Yes they are aesthetically pleasing but they are SO tiny inside and the freezer compartment is minuscule.

And don’t even get me started on the price for what you get.

Samsung all the way for me.
And coming from someone who only uses stock pots when she’s being fancy, you would think a Smeg wouldn’t be her cup of tea at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Surely any fule kno that you can peel garlic by pressing it with the heel of your palm/squishing with a big knife?

Reactions: 6
Oh blimey! No thankfully I have the get-down-and-scrub-it-yourself model 😂

ETA - just as well actually, I live in a mobile home, fire risk is something that worries me a lot 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.