Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add fluffernut is when you get balls of cat hair stuck to you. Not appealing to eat.
A fluffernutter is a sandwich with that mallow in a jar stuff and peanut butter.
So duck knows how that Horton hears a who inspired name is relevant.
She makes the french toast into a toasted sandwich with peanut butter and marshmallows inside. It *could* work. If you're going to do it, you might as well add chocolate spread as well and have it as a Reece's Peanut Butter Fluffer Cupper Nutter.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So, she had extra veg in to be able to include some in his packed lunch, but only had a pile of sugar for his breakfast? Okay then.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She puts lemon curd through fried rice??
There is a Tamil dish called curd rice. Think rice pudding but yogurty. It’s like she’s seen this and though oh curd and rice, I like rice, I like fried rice, fried rice curd. But no. Not for me.

So, she had extra veg in to be able to include some in his packed lunch, but only had a pile of sugar for his breakfast? Okay then.
Exactly. Why not just made a roll and egg? Takes less time.

Reactions: 11
As I said I saved 2 yrs for my SMEG, when I got it I bought from their outlet store (small scratch on side !)I have no other designer things.... clothes or house accessories, so kind of blowing some theories out the water 🤣 You also get newer different versions, so mine has a 3 drawer freezer and normal size fridge. I do think they are style over substance but I love mine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Still cannot believe she has (so far) done nothing on Mental Health Week. As I said previously it seems weird when that’s what her book is centred around? Woke up to this email today 🙄 (when will we get an eyeroll reaction emoji?!)
8D3D47CE-9551-4F86-83F2-45AE69A377D2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh, that judgemental, accusatory comment I made just took me to VIP status. 👑
Thanks Jack, for this and so much more 😘xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
'Lies' and people disliking you are not the same thing, Jackanoshy.

View attachment 133432

But while we're on the subject of lying, this is a good one...

View attachment 133433

View attachment 133435
A tart with ham taking the place of pastry and a whole egg in the centre you say? Jill would like a word....

Second image.

First published in 2002, when Jack was, by my maths, 14.

Reactions: 9
As I said I saved 2 yrs for my SMEG, when I got it I bought from their outlet store (small scratch on side !)I have no other designer things.... clothes or house accessories, so kind of blowing some theories out the water 🤣 You also get newer different versions, so mine has a 3 drawer freezer and normal size fridge. I do think they are style over substance but I love mine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Still cannot believe she has (so far) done nothing on Mental Health Week. As I said previously it seems weird when that’s what her book is centred around? Woke up to this email today 🙄 (when will we get an eyeroll reaction emoji?!)View attachment 133464
I hooted when I saw her book was beside songbirds and snakes. Hereherheherher

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Its label naming/owning. I knew someone who liked to label name. Was never I'm putting on a jumper, but putting on my Channel cashmere jumper.
Well today I am flaunting my curves in a Primark slouchy stripey tee, Peacocks grey joggers and stolen from my boyfriend socks.

I haven't quite got the hang of this have I?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
One of the extracts is how to make popcorn 🤣
duck's sake. You can't 'jostle' a pan. That's not what the word means. I know it's a little thing but it distracts me from the recipe, wondering: where is her editor? Is the recipe as careless as the writing? I feel the same about typos in menus. Attention to detail in every aspect counts towards the overall impression.

On the plus side, whoo boy are we going to have fun posting reviews!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A tart with ham taking the place of pastry and a whole egg in the centre you say? Jill would like a word....

Second image.

First published in 2002, when Jack was, by my maths, 14.
I thought that too @Flumps when I saw it. Not an original bone in her body (just my opinion!)

Reactions: 4
Bang on. My takeaway from that extract is: CHAOS! PANIC! GUILT! Why on earth would I want to read that if I were feeling depressed?
Also, when does Small Boy get to graduate to Medium Sized Boy?
Reading that extract made me feel irritated and anxious, surely not feelings she should be aiming to provoke in a book of *depressipes* that are supposed to help people on their *bad days*.

Reactions: 3
One of the extracts is how to make popcorn 🤣
I also don't understand something else about that word salad. She's made making popcorn sound hugely stressful, potentially pan-destroying (though not something I've ever found a problem), and it looks like she's about to go on to say that even when you think the popcorn is done it might still send kernels flying all over your kitchen. How is that soothing on a bad day? When I was fully depressed I probably would have cried for about an hour if any of those things had happened, and beat myself up for being so useless that I can't even make popcorn properly. Why include that in a book that's supposed to be soothing in those sort of times? I did not need jeopardy in my cooking when I was already seeing it everywhere else.

Still cannot believe she has (so far) done nothing on Mental Health Week. As I said previously it seems weird when that’s what her book is centred around? Woke up to this email today 🙄 (when will we get an eyeroll reaction emoji?!)
I am starting to suspect that the admins think we will break it from overuse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.