Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And if she posts a link to the fridge she gets with an affiliate code she’ll make a very tidy sum.

On the plus side she won’t be able to lie anymore about a mysterious and generous friend gifting her white goods.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Real subtle, Jack
Can anyone who has one explain (apart from the aesthetic ) why smeg fridges are so good? If she’s as poor as she claims surely she would get a less expensive one?.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has she mentioned in front of Smeg that this fridge is brand new and has broken? Surely from a brand PoV they would want to show their great customer care & get that fixed rather than doing this awkward dance around which new one she’s buying / being gifted?!

Can anyone who has one explain (apart from the aesthetic ) why smeg fridges are so good? If she’s as poor as she claims surely she would get a less expensive one?.
IMO it’s 100% branding. They’re beautiful fridges, I was genuinely really shocked when I saw inside one (we were going to buy it) as I expected to see a high spec fridge with mod cons but it honestly looks like when they open those fridges that Coca Cola salesmen used to travel the states with in the 50s? It’s even a weird cream coloured plastic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Such an obvious beg for a new fridge. An actually poor person would go to somewhere like the BHF, or one of those 'we buy household goods' secondhand shops and get one for less than £100. My old one came from there, and whilst not fancy, it did the job. I can't take the name Smeg seriously anyway, after watching Red Dwarf. My daughter is in love with this fridge https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/samsung-825l-family-hub-refrigerator-srf825bfh4 I think I'd want it to cook for me, for that price!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
If she gets a Smeg for free out of this I will personally mail a rotten carton of Jack's corned beef chilli with a side of horse spunk to their headquarters every day for the rest of my life. Grasping cow.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Has she mentioned in front of Smeg that this fridge is brand new and has broken? Surely from a brand PoV they would want to show their great customer care & get that fixed rather than doing this awkward dance around which new one she’s buying / being gifted?!

IMO it’s 100% branding. They’re beautiful fridges, I was genuinely really shocked when I saw inside one (we were going to buy it) as I expected to see a high spec fridge with mod cons but it honestly looks like when they open those fridges that Coca Cola salesmen used to travel the states with in the 50s? It’s even a weird cream coloured plastic.
Interesting !

Please say they haven't taken the bait View attachment 133369
So she’s looking at their site for a new fridge but hadn’t realised..right..

Such an obvious beg for a new fridge. An actually poor person would go to somewhere like the BHF, or one of those 'we buy household goods' secondhand shops and get one for less than £100. My old one came from there, and whilst not fancy, it did the job. I can't take the name Smeg seriously anyway, after watching Red Dwarf. My daughter is in love with this fridge https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/samsung-825l-family-hub-refrigerator-srf825bfh4 I think I'd want it to cook for me, for that price!
Pretty much only a quite/ very well off people can afford smeg imo! I know I wouldn’t be able to! Side note for anyone wanting to buy white goods/ electronics in the Uk ao.com is great and has loads of different brands cheaper than usual

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I seemed to remember the Gifted-From-A-Friend-Smeg had been mentioned by Jack quite a while ago, so I scrolled back a bit on her Insta, and then a bit more, and then some more, and then MORE, then I got an RSI, but eventually found the first mention of it which was in 2015, so that can't be the Fridge-Which-Just-Died.

Screenshot_2020-05-19_011802_1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a non-Smeg fridge seen during DKL. Here's the cat pic from DKL with that non-Smeg fridge in the background. Perhaps the Smeg had already died and this one was the replacement? WHO KNEW FRIDGES WERE SO INTERESTING?! 🤣
jack.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
If she gets a Smeg for free out of this I will personally mail a rotten carton of Jack's corned beef chilli with a side of horse spunk to their headquarters every day for the rest of my life. Grasping cow.
She won't get a free SMEG, don't worry. Not all sensible people are taking in by her hinting for free stuff.

She didn't tag her publisher in which is interesting.
1589868282470.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The cherry tree. There’s a passion fruit and lemon one still in stock though (for now 😉)
That company is the one whose passion fruit curd I tried at the food fair. They also had a lemon and lime one that was good and many tasty chutneys. They had a table with many samples ready to taste.

Reactions: 2
I’m actually surprised it’s taken Jack this long to realise social media begging could be the answer to her ‘problems’, being the poorest, most poorly person she knows , and all that.

If Smeg do bung one her way🙄 , ooh she’ll be absolutely ‘hooting’ and ‘skipping’ with unbridled joy in her ‘mad little head’ that day.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
They are great at melting cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Why would cheese start meeting the day your fridge broke?
Just keep the door shut as much as possible and add some ice packs.

NO drama here.

Unless you're called Jack then every day has fo involve some kind of drama. It is exhausting.

Reactions: 7
I seemed to remember the Gifted-From-A-Friend-Smeg had been mentioned by Jack quite a while ago, so I scrolled back a bit on her Insta, and then a bit more, and then some more, and then MORE, then I got an RSI, but eventually found the first mention of it which was in 2015, so that can't be the Fridge-Which-Just-Died.

View attachment 133390
Is this her crappy bungalow? Maybe she has 2 ( or even 3 😂) fridges as well?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why would cheese start meeting the day your fridge broke?
Just keep the door shut as much as possible and add some ice packs.

NO drama here.

Unless you're called Jack then every day has fo involve some kind of drama. It is exhausting.
Plus she said the freezer part was still working so i would assume that the fridge would be fixable.
last time our fridge stopped being cold it was due to the freezer needing to be de-iced. Been fine since.

Reactions: 7
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a non-Smeg fridge seen during DKL. Here's the cat pic from DKL with that non-Smeg fridge in the background. Perhaps the Smeg had already died and this one was the replacement? WHO KNEW FRIDGES WERE SO INTERESTING?! 🤣View attachment 133399
Getting PTSD flashbacks to that overflowing open bin...

But that’s definitely a different Smeg to the one posted a few comments before you’re, two handles versus one. I assume this is the new one that broke?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe she’s invested so much time bleating on about smeg fridges, it’s so off brand for her, too fancy! 😂
And to think she quibbles about the price of a tin of beans and won’t splash out on real lemons.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.