Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand the appeal of SMEG fridges. Yes they are aesthetically pleasing but they are SO tiny inside and the freezer compartment is minuscule.

And don’t even get me started on the price for what you get.

Samsung all the way for me.

Reactions: 13
'Lies' and people disliking you are not the same thing, Jackanoshy.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 07.57.24.png

But while we're on the subject of lying, this is a good one...

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 07.59.27.png

hqdefault (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I can’t believe she’s invested so much time bleating on about smeg fridges, it’s so off brand for her, too fancy! 😂
And to think she quibbles about the price of a tin of beans and won’t splash out on real lemons.
If anyone called her out she’ll just bleat on about how she lived eleventy billion years without one and that she needs a fancy fridge for all her recipe testing 🙄

Reactions: 9
If anyone called her out she’ll just blest on about how she lived eleventy billion years without one and that she needs a fancy fridge for all her recipe testing 🙄
Her mum’s car was a land rover tho, by her own accounts on her blog.

Her dad is a landlord.

It’s inevitable she buys a Smeg it’s in the middle class prophecies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
SMEG are going to give her a fridge aren't they. (Why else double check the exact model she wants?
Also "limit screen time"?!
And vegan 90% of time.

I've not even got out of bed yet but I'm fuming.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t understand the appeal of SMEG fridges. Yes they are aesthetically pleasing but they are SO tiny inside and the freezer compartment is minuscule.

And don’t even get me started on the price for what you get.

Samsung all the way for me.
Me neither. They've come to represent a cliche of a certain kind of lifestyle.

It's like that Dylan Moran routine about conspicuous one-upmanship - "This is our Smeg fridge, the whole house is Smeg, we're made of smeg, aren't we, Roy?".

Before having a fitted kitchen put in (fancy!), I had a cream vintage-style Servis one. Cost about £200, maybe less. It was still going strong after 8 years so I was able to sell it.

Reactions: 17
All of this to say she made french toast. Maverick!

View attachment 133449
The way she writes about the book you’re currently reading being written, hitting the deadlines etc is so weird. It’s not a pleasant read and too meta. Apart from not really making sense it only amounts to “look at how I suffered to bring you this book” anyway. It’s like she’s taking inspiration from Nigel Slater’s kitchen diaries but has managed to get it totally wrong. And on top of that manages to make it all about herself rather than the food or her son. Again. No one cares how crap you are with deadlines.

Getting PTSD flashbacks to that overflowing open bin...

But that’s definitely a different Smeg to the one posted a few comments before you’re, two handles versus one. I assume this is the new one that broke?
This is what I assume (although I thought the two handle fridge was a different brand).

I don't even care about the fridges so duck knows what I'm doing even looking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All of this to say she made french toast. Maverick!

View attachment 133449
The way she writes about the book you’re currently reading being written, hitting the deadlines etc is so weird. It’s not a pleasant read and too meta. Apart from not really making sense it only amounts to “look at how I suffered to bring you this book” anyway. It’s like she’s taking inspiration from Nigel Slater’s kitchen diaries but has managed to get it totally wrong. And on top of that manages to make it all about herself rather than the food or her son. Again. No one cares how crap you are with deadlines.
Bang on. My takeaway from that extract is: CHAOS! PANIC! GUILT! Why on earth would I want to read that if I were feeling depressed?
Also, when does Small Boy get to graduate to Medium Sized Boy?

• Haha
We used to make french toast with rolls all the time. Or cut in half and toast them. It’s called using up odds and ends.
Again it’s recipe that is making people think if I must get some rolls and try this shite.

Just to add fluffernut is when you get balls of cat hair stuck to you. Not appealing to eat.
A fluffernutter is a sandwich with that mallow in a jar stuff and peanut butter.
So duck knows how that Horton hears a who inspired name is relevant.

One of the extracts is how to make popcorn 🤣
Did Matt have a preview of the book and that’s why he made popcorn on the the last DK. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.