Jack Monroe #159 HarperCollins responded by saying the tweets were factually inaccurate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so here for this chair chat. Are we counting sideboards and other furniture that you could perch on in fraying bra and granny knickers? If so, we all need to recount.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Hmm...

In January, when it was all kicking off at Linda McCartney, Jack posted a video to prove how happy Dash is:

View attachment 466399

...but despite the date, it was her Comic Kitchen video from last summer, minus the filter.

View attachment 466400

a) He lives in that run (unless she has been relaying the floor since last summer).

b) I think I may now be a Dash Truther. I want a picture of him with today's newspaper, or I will continue to be highly skeptical about him.
I am here for rabbit truthing! The poor bun being kept hostage in the garage was one of the things that broke me with her.

Also it just occurred to me how it would be perceived if Nigella Mom made the ‘see me dead’ comment on Twits? I feel that sometimes we have become so inured to Jack’s drama that it takes a bit of a reset to consider how bizarre and inappropriate that is. So comforting to any of her family who may be dealing with bad news too. /s

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Most
Most people do respond to her well despite her overdramatics. She is an idiot.

Social media is not her friend and perhaps this break will teach her that.

I'm lying to myself now aren't I?
Yes, absolutely x

Chairs chat - 28, there's 4 of us and it includes outside ones.

Teeth and chair chat - so that means I have the same number of teeth and chairs.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I'm so here for this chair chat. Are we counting sideboards and other furniture that you could perch on in fraying bra and granny knickers? If so, we all need to recount.
If I counted everything my kids sat on I'd far exceed Jack ETA and would run out of fingers/toes

• Haha
Reactions: 26
altho i lack chairs at home, here at work, for some reason, we have five in this room and there are 2 of us so whatever

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I haven't got a fraying bra or granny knickers (that I'm willing to own up to). Will a string vest and baggy Y fronts do?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I have a 3 seater sofa an armchair, plus 2 dining chairs. A total of 6 seats. Granted it is a flat with no outside space, but 43 seats, that's ridiculous.
A three seater sofa and 2 dining chairs- I was praying to be close to @MancBee chair count as if I was wildly over it would indicate I am a clutter bug

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Id say it counts. Thats more Knee Deep In Life than Jack Monroe, though :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Well I'm feeling out of the loop because we only have 6 chairs (and one is for a toddler) plus 2 sofas and we are a family of six :D
So it's all a bit like musical chairs in our house (memo to self buy some more chairs!)
I think it's because we had a big clear out trying to make some space but now I think we need to well buy some more furniture ?
If I was Jackie I could probably find one in a muddy puddle or find one magically left on my doorstep but no I have to be sensible and buy one? :cry:
Not play at imaginary social gatherings (complete with lemon drizzle brick) in my back garden (which I'm lucky to have) mind you the only comings and goings there are the slugs who leave their trails? Or the lone pigeon that alights on the branches of the tree in the corner (which my son is scared of?) 🤷‍♀️ So it's not exactly a happening place to be either?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Will have to think long and hard about which one of you gets the honour to go in my most prized chair, we got any 🥺 smol pixies 🥺 under 2 stone?

3C895521-FF5C-441C-90D6-31B18516F727.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
A three seater sofa and 2 dining chairs- I was praying to be close to @MancBee chair count as if I was wildly over it would indicate I am a clutter bug
I'm not obsessive, hope I don't come over as if I am. Someone once said something to me and it just resonated.

"I don't like cleaning, but I like a clean home. Unfortunately you can't have one without the other."

Jack might do well to heed that advice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
5 x seater sofa plus 2 x seater sofa plus 2 x chair beds (currently in chair format)
4 x dining chairs 3 x desk chairs 1 x arm chair
4 x old folding dining chairs in shed just in case plus 2 x camping chairs (there were 3 but mice got to one of them)
1 x step stool that could be sat on by a toddler in a pinch 2 x actual stools in current use as side tables
3 people
no wisdom teeth and 1 extraction
don't even start me on pants
FORENSIC

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.