Jack Monroe #159 HarperCollins responded by saying the tweets were factually inaccurate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🙀 Have I overstepped? Apologies if so, Harry. x
No! Not what I meant at all. Sorry! I posted my hot take on furlough before I read about chairs and what you had found out, which made that post redundant. You are doing the lord's work. (I'm channelling Greenbelt Jack).

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I draw the line at trying to tuck up some annoying gobshite on the internet that I've never met. I dont like her remotely but i wouldnt do that to anyone. Might be a generational thing. But that sort of thing was considered very bad form where and when I grew up.
Nah I get it, it was same where I grew up. I just always wonder where people draw the line and what would turn them and make them report someone/something.

Reactions: 11
Nah I get it, it was same where I grew up. I just always wonder where people draw the line and what would turn them and make them report someone/something.
I’d probably be like Dot Cotton and turn a blind eye if my kids robbed some cars or something, but could easily grass someone up off the internet. My daughters tell me ‘snitches get stitches’ though, so maybe I should be careful 🔺. I have never actually grassed up someone off the internet.

There’s a brilliant guy on The Mrs Hinch thread who reports her every time she breaks the advertising rules, I aspire to this.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Report anyone taking it off tattle or encouraging others to do so - Please read our rules and why they're important
I draw the line at trying to tuck up some annoying gobshite on the internet that I've never met. I dont like her remotely but i wouldnt do that to anyone. Might be a generational thing. But that sort of thing was considered very bad form where and when I grew up.
I agree, it's one thing reporting her for literally bragging about fraud on social media or asking animal experts to advise her but reporting her to HMRC is another level. If she's up to no good it'll catch up with her eventually and really, nobody knows much about it (don't think she does herself)

Report anyone taking it off tattle or encouraging others to do so - Please read our rules and why they're important
It’s the same where I live and for me it would have to be pretty serious and I’d also have to be absolutely 100% certain that I had it right in most cases. But most people I grew up with think bringing the police potentially to your door for any reason, even as a witness or whatever, is a terrible idea.

I think reporting from here would be seriously crossing a line.

Can one of you ninnies make a new thread please, my hands are on furlough for a few weeks and the unruly boobs don’t help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
If Caroline is shielding and has to work at Jack’s home then that is a valid furlough claim - i has missed that. If she was a PA that could do something useful, like social media management, which could be done remotely, that’s where I think it gets iffy. But then if she has childcare issues again valid furlough claim. Employers can pay 100% wages and will only get 80% back, actually less as time goes on so she could be out of pocket a bit. If she is claiming the company must be eligible.

She has been working throughout so her claim to be #unsupported doesn’t really wash.
Also Jack saying that she couldn’t get furlough - she’s bleeping working !!!! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Can one of you ninnies make a new thread please, my hands are on furlough for a few weeks and the unruly boobs don’t help.
A well earned furlough! I’d offer to but my mind is a bit all over the place at the moment. I really would like to try and start a new thread in the future though, I always appreciate everyone that does.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bonus Madonna on a stool looking smol.

Squeaky bum time, I’d make a new thread but IM BUSY.

5FFFA073-699E-4EE9-A515-34B816EA9B10.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Also Jack saying that she couldn’t get furlough - she’s bleeping working !!!! 🤯
Wonder how that would work out when the calls from DKL, Hellman’s and Del Monte came in?

“Shan’t, am on furlough. Give it to THAT MAN Thankspaceyou.”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.