Jack Monroe #156 Super crabby ADHD faux vegan is mendacious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the Jack I hate the most. It didn’t bleeping happen Jack.

I’m surprised she didn’t add... then everyone in the supermarket threw down their baskets and pushed their trolleys away, and walked out with me whilst cheering how I was their new leader. Then they followed me as we walked to parliament and we smashed the patriarchy and there was no child poverty anymore. The end. By Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Even though it’s clearly all bollocks, going back to the supermarket at 4pm every Thursday to lord it over an ex-colleague is really sad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113
Even though it’s clearly all bollocks, going back to the supermarket at 4pm every Thursday to lord it over an ex-colleague is really sad.
It is. David Walliams and Jamie Oliver don't give a crap about her slagging them off which gives them more power. She needs to let go of everyone she thinks has wronged her and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
It's just relentless. She lies about every part of her 'story' and then spends all day contradicting herself and having to back out of it. Don't think that can last too much longer but the money's still rolling in I guess

• Heart
Reactions: 48
#ThatHappened Jack is like one of those very questionable memes claiming that Shakespeare failed English. My personal favourite version was the Burberry coat story...evil supermarket manager feels a bit cliche.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
This is the Jack I hate the most. It didn’t bleeping happen Jack.

I’m surprised she didn’t add... then everyone in the supermarket threw down their baskets and pushed their trolleys away, and walked out with me whilst cheering how I was their new leader. Then they followed me as we walked to parliament and we smashed the patriarchy and there was no child poverty anymore. The end. By Jack.

It's so Partridge it makes me feel as if it's all some elaborate collab, and Iannucci's going to come out and reveal the scripts he's been giving her...

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Eeeeeeeeeee she's so desperate to show off isn't she? All she's doing is showing herself up.

These stories get more and more embellished and fantastical over time but we've got the core ones

1) Authority figure/former boss implying she's awful but she gets to have the last laugh because she sold some books
2) A big bad gammon/politician/rando slagged off her tattoos/the fact she had a kid/whatever it is this week and she had the last laugh when she said something hilarious and witty
3) A man comes up to her in a supermarket and whispers how amazing she is because he obviously recognises her as she had the last laugh and sold some books.

It really tickles me that she keeps returning to these little tales as a way to brag. When all it does is show her up as pathetic narc.
For someone who isn't petty by nature, she sure likes to trot out these stories on a regular basis, doesn't she?

You're embarrassing yourself, Jack. You honestly come over as more of a nasty little tool than usual.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
With all these stories she’s assuming that the people remember her, which seems like a bit of a leap? I can’t remember most of my interactions with teachers or former employers when I was a poor student trying to top up my university loan and imagine that is probably pretty normal? Then again I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about having to work to get money for the things I want, so am probably less sensitive than Jack in that regard.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
With all these stories she’s assuming that the people remember her, which seems like a bit of a leap? I can’t remember most of my interactions with teachers or former employers when I was a poor student trying to top up my university loan and imagine that is probably pretty normal? Then again I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about having to work to get money for the things I want, so am probably less sensitive than Jack in that regard.
The teachers probably remember her from the scalpel expulsion incident, which also didn't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Wait a minute! Her first book came out in Feb 2014. She was living with Allegra in London in spring 2014. Did she go back to Southend every Thursday afternoon just to smirk at a supermarket manager?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 137
First, who are all these people telling others that they will only be good for flipping burgers (as if burgers don't need flipping?)

Secondly, one sad truth of life is that we all have memories of someone saying something to us (off the cuff often, shooting for the hip) that stays with us for life. It can be a bad joke from a loved one, a friend or a teacher. It can even be an action, or a disgruntled sigh. Something that can grow out of proportion and stays with us because it made us feel so separate from them or not acknowledged, while the other will not even remember what they did*. (We can do it to another person as well of course).

My point being: it's not unique. So when someone on Twitter asks about it, they will get plenty of stories.

*Obviously I am not talking about actual abuse or bullying here!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
First, who are all these people telling others that they will only be good for flipping burgers (as if burgers don't need flipping?)
This shows her distain for people who work in fast food outlets. What is wrong with "flipping burgers", it is a job, and is often a step to higher paid work. She clearly thinks that "flipping burgers" is beneath her, ergo those people that work "flipping burgers" are beneath her.

What a nasty person.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
#ThatHappened Jack is like one of those very questionable memes claiming that Shakespeare failed English. My personal favourite version was the Burberry coat story...evil supermarket manager feels a bit cliche.
My favourite lie was her 'letting' Ken Loach use her blog for I Daniel Blake.

On reflection the toaster one was the most idiotic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
I struggle to believe any of these oddly specific interactions ever even happened.
I feel like there will be a grain of truth in that a teacher probably said once “if you don’t get your tit together, you won’t amount to anything” or something to that effect and over time it’s grown in her mind and been embellished over and over until it’s become this absolutely ridiculous exchange that literally would never ever happen.
Waiting in the supermarket to see your ex manager putting your book on the shelf is laughably unbelievable.
She writes these little stories with an air of superiority as if shes “better than” supermarket/fast food employees, she does it without realising but her wording is very telling of her true feelings toward them.
TBH it’s hard bleeping work doing either of those jobs and I don’t think she would hack it, she just wants to lay around telling tall tales while unsuspecting squiggles gobble it all up and feed her with LIKES and monies👍 She’s an absolute weapon

Yeah that didn't happen View attachment 458051

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Yeah, and whenever I've run into old teachers, we usually just have a conversation between grown ups. If any memories come up, it's because I am the one reminding them, and we have a good chuckle about it (as it tends to be about what a stubborn know-it-all I was). Of course there are some really bad teachers, but JM just wants to be the Tesco variant of Julia Roberts in the clothing store from Pretty Woman.

Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.