Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The very first words in the ad are "Hi, my name's Jack, and this is my kitchen'.

Jesus wept.

Also I just noticed I've leveled up to Active Member. I had no help at all, pensioners yelled at my tattoos while my youngest cat asked for more tuna as I unscrewed my last bulb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
The very first words in the ad are "Hi, my name's Jack, and this is my kitchen'.

I don't understand why she's got so much worse at, I don't know, speaking?

She speaks quite normally in this. A bit nasal but nothing remarkable, not quavering on the edge of tears. Still a dreary monotone but not unbearable. Sweet smile.

All in all comes across well, like a slightly reserved, bit shy person.

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone get demonstrably worse at their job over time.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Off on a bit of a tangent but did anyone else hear the interview of Camilla Batmaghelichdjh on Women's Hour today on R4? She was another one who took not only charity money but government money (and loads of it) and made it disappear through her charity Kids Company by questionable and unrecorded means. Its fascinating to read about while our Jackie is on a break. I don't know what to make of it but Camilla was excellent at not answering any of the questions asked.

ETA made it made sense
having worked in the charity sector previously let me tell you alot of money disappears places. Its one of the reasons I wouldn't be inclined to give to a big charity anymore tbh I have seen what happens to the well intended donations

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Yep, her smile is sweet and she comes across ok - like I wouldn’t have thought anything of this ad seeing it now, if I knew nothing at all about her.
Also, what’s really noticeable is you see her eating a spoonful. She doesn’t show that these days - taking a bite of her own food. She just SAYS she has eaten it.

Reactions: 47

She speaks quite normally in this. A bit nasal but nothing remarkable, not quavering on the edge of tears. Still a dreary monotone but not unbearable. Sweet smile.

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone get demonstrably worse at their job over time.
Now she would stand with her elbows in, waving her hands and intermittently leaping and laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
having worked in the charity sector previously let me tell you alot of money disappears places. Its one of the reasons I wouldn't be inclined to give to a big charity anymore tbh I have seen what happens to the well intended donations
Yes agree. I worked for a cancer charity many years ago and was horrified at the expenses claimed. First class travel as standard for many of the staff..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I sold a cushion I had made, to the mother in law of a former prime minister. Does that make me soft furnishing provider to number 10?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
You have to stop with this! You cannot simply take on the mantle of your father's career. My Dad is a doctor and I'm sure none of you ninnies want me examining any of your nooks and crannies...or rashes or ouchies or splinters. How many fires did you actually put out? Oh, that'll be a big fat zero. Grenfell and the repercussions should not be an opportunity for you to wave your "expert" flag to impress the squiggles. This definitely definitely isn't about you! 😠

View attachment 454191

Sorry, feeling quite vexed at the moment. Ate two boiled eggs - they weren't pie.
Oh interesting that her dad was the union rep - I wonder if he accompanied her to the meeting where she asked for her job back?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Yep, her smile is sweet and she comes across ok - like I wouldn’t have thought anything of this ad seeing it now, if I knew nothing at all about her.
Also, what’s really noticeable is you see her eating a spoonful. She doesn’t show that these days - taking a bite of her own food. She just SAYS she has eaten it.
also that food actually looks quite nice , dare I say I fancy making it! cant say the same for anything she has done in the last year or so

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Oh interesting that her dad was the union rep - I wonder if he accompanied her to the meeting where she asked for her job back?
Oh god, I'm getting second hand embarrassment at the thought of her turning up at the office with daddy in tow.

• Haha
Oh god, I'm getting second hand embarrassment at the thought of her turning up at the office with daddy in tow.
It would also be so awkward for her dad and colleagues. I wouldn't but my dad through that. No wonder he took early retirement.

Reactions: 35

I mean even here she has zero on screen presence and clearly not cut out to be a TV presenter but I think she is much less jarring to watch because she is at least being her true self which is a bit awkward and shy. It's so difficult to watch her try and be zany and gregarious and worst of all, funny because none of those things come naturally to her and it's really painfully obvious how forced it is.

• Heart

I cant cope! I can't cope with any of it - make eye contact for gods sake, stop mumbling, talk properly, hold your wooden spoon properly. I just cant. Then she added the devil spawn I like to call poo-corn and I'm done! :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.