Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is all so disappointing. People give so much to charity, especially people who give their time working in charity shops, they should feel more responsibility to spend it wisely.
Richard Coles had a thread recently about people targeting his elderly mum with dementia for money, he didn’t mention charities but some of the replies he got about how big charities target the elderly/vulnerable for donations were horrifying.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I bet the publishers are getting sick of the endless stream of excuses.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Richard Coles had a thread recently about people targeting his elderly mum with dementia for money, he didn’t mention charities but some of the replies he got about how big charities target the elderly/vulnerable for donations were horrifying.
My Mum gives to her chosen charities and then they keep calling her and asking for more and more. It gets quite aggressive, and she’s happy to put the phone down on them, but it’s still bordering on harassment.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I find her fascinating. That ex fire service in her bio is just bizarre. She knows that's not what she was doing. Another day, another grossly exaggerated story or event, not a clue how disrespectful it is.
The thing is though, Jack reads here, so even if she genuinely thinks she can justify her shystering
she reads here, and we are very eloquent at calling her OUT.
I think Jack does knows exactly what she's doing, and because she is a narcissistic hole
she really doesn't care.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I hope you aren’t too bad ♥. Take it easy and simply spend all day on Twitter until a couple of deadlines have passed.
That made me laugh 😆
I see Jack has another new bio this afternoon and another ouchy mouth, that pesky tooth, gosh darn it!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Amazing - if you poke yourself in the tooth all weekend you too can have an ouchy mouth to extend your deadline.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
It’s absolutely bizarre to start mentioning her father’s career as if that automatically makes her an expert.

You have to stop with this! You cannot simply take on the mantle of your father's career. My Dad is a doctor and I'm sure none of you ninnies want me examining any of your nooks and crannies...or rashes or ouchies or splinters. How many fires did you actually put out? Oh, that'll be a big fat zero. Grenfell and the repercussions should not be an opportunity for you to wave your "expert" flag to impress the squiggles. This definitely definitely isn't about you! 😠

View attachment 454191

Sorry, feeling quite vexed at the moment. Ate two boiled eggs - they weren't pie.

Reactions: 36
Yes agree. I worked for a cancer charity many years ago and was horrified at the expenses claimed. First class travel as standard for many of the staff..
I used to date someone who worked for a charity. They kept receipts for all our meals out and I assumed they were being romantic and keeping mementoes of our early dates. When I asked them about it, they blithely replied that they were claiming back all our meals on their expenses. I was shocked.

They did it for first class travel and hotels. Anything they could.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Thanks. So it’s inferred from other retellings that since The Poverty only ended after her parents found out, then, as per SEB podcast, if her parents found out after the first food bank usage, then she must have only used the food bank once.
That's the inference I've taken from the SEB podcast.

Reactions: 21
I’m glad she was able to power through the toothache to change her Twitter bio so many times this week. #prayforjack. 1 like = 1 prayer.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Yes agree. I worked for a cancer charity many years ago and was horrified at the expenses claimed. First class travel as standard for many of the staff..
I too have worked for a huge charity and I was appalled at the cronyism that takes place, they no longer get my money

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.