Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I distinctly remember having a picture of 7 year old moosesauna in the main cabin of an old ship - does this make me an 1800s ship Captain and a child prodigy?
Yes, absolutely. I visited the HMS Victory many times as a child šŸ”ŗ and although it never occurred to me thereā€™s a distinct possibility that I may in fact be Admiral Lord Nelson.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
having worked in the charity sector previously let me tell you alot of money disappears places. Its one of the reasons I wouldn't be inclined to give to a big charity anymore tbh I have seen what happens to the well intended donations
Yep I agree, I am Chair for a very small charity. It shocks me how much money the big charities get.

Every penny we take in goes towards supporting local families. If we need equipment or to pay someone we can apply for funding dedicated to this etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Why does she hold a wooden spoon as though all her fingers are actually transplanted toes?
Honestly so surprised she's not claimed dyspraxia. But then I think she likes to say the clumsiness is part of her zany personality/manic pixie dream girl persona rather than a diagnosed condition.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I cant cope! I can't cope with any of it - make eye contact for gods sake, stop mumbling, talk properly, hold your wooden spoon properly. I just cant. Then she added the devil spawn I like to call poo-corn and I'm done! :sick:
I used to feel so bad for her when I saw things like this, because Iā€™d be just as terrible at being on camera as she is... but I know that, so I donā€™t do things like that.

I remember her once snapping via Twitter at someone offering actually constructive feedback on it ā€œIā€™d like to see you do betterā€ so I suspect any attempts from the people she works with to help her get a similar reception.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Oh interesting that her dad was the union rep - I wonder if he accompanied her to the meeting where she asked for her job back?
Even more circular, my dad was both a manager and a member of a professional union. He had to negotiate pay and conditions with his own union steward.

Reactions: 22
Fraus,

Iā€™ve done a chaos and caught Covid in a week where I have some upcoming deadlines. I havenā€™t been on a yomp to the chippy as am isolating even though I would love some chippy chips.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Fraus,

Iā€™ve done a chaos and caught Covid in a week where I have some upcoming deadlines. I havenā€™t been on a yomp to the chippy as am isolating even though I would love some chippy chips.
Oh no, hope you donā€™t feel too bad & are better soon šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 28
squig 2 offers advice to squig 1, tags jack and squig 3, squig 3 all up in jack's niche and not a rinsed hoop in sight!

20210225_165241.jpg
20210225_165303.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, absolutely. I visited the HMS Victory many times as a child šŸ”ŗ and although it never occurred to me thereā€™s a distinct possibility that I may in fact be Admiral Lord Nelson.
Me too! My highlight is that they painted the floor red below deck so the blood didnā€™t show and it looked like water. And the gift shop to buy a pencil sharpener, obv.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Fraus,

Lots of love and a speedy recovery! ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Fraus,

I hope you arenā€™t too bad ā™„. Take it easy and simply spend all day on Twitter until a couple of deadlines have passed.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Yep I agree, I am Chair for a very small charity. It shocks me how much money the big charities get.

Every penny we take in goes towards supporting local families. If we need equipment or to pay someone we can apply for funding dedicated to this etc.
This is all so disappointing. People give so much to charity, especially people who give their time working in charity shops, they should feel more responsibility to spend it wisely.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.