Jack Monroe #153 I blended my pears specially

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys cover his floor in sand for inspiration when writing "Good Vibrations"? Perhaps Jackie could cover hers in peach curry to help with the push to the summit of the book deadline. (Which I don't believe even existed in the first place. There is no market for this kind of shite any more)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Saturday Kitchen had yotam otolhengi on, and the thing he made with slow cooked tinned chickpeas was so delicious looking and full of colour and texture that even me that isn't a real lover of the things wants to go and make it, it was also very simple to make.

Matt of the forearms is having a great time with lots of bantz between him and naga and Charlie off breakfast. Everything that DKL wasn't
Was it this recipe?
That sounds delicious. I have plant yoghurt kicking about and can whip up some roti instead of pitta (bread is bread is bread :cool:)

That 'tit vegan' statement from Jack has riled me.

Also someone in a very small vegan group I am in (FB) asked about Vegan-ish last night. I mentioned owning the first book and it being tit, the Linda collab and suggested there were better budget vegan cookbooks where the writer actually engages with vegan food in a bright, innovative way even if they aren't actually vegan.
As far as I know that is a legit interaction, but someone let me know if it isn't.

Also 2: Cabal is the best, I'm hoping we can all sit on Southend benches nattering via tin can phones

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Honestly, your posts are 😘.

Mrs Tunnel just side-eyed me as I tried to stifle my giggles at this.

Pretend that I am looking at a ladbible video of people falling on ice or owning up?

Tough call.

Tough call.
Just tell her you’re re with the fraus

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I've been trying to think when I've been abused by random strangers for having visible tattoos, as this seems to be a recurring issue for Mx Jack.

The only instance I can recall is when I was riding a push bike sans helmet and wearing a tank top, a little girl pointed at me and said "Mummy, that man's not wearing a helmet"

Her mum shushed her and said "That's a lady with tattoos".

Pretty lame considering how much poor Jack gets roasted.

HOWEVER

I'd now like to be known as Proto-Jack, now get outta my niche.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I've got as almost as many tattoos as Jack and am four years older than her. I used to live in a place where the seat has been held by a conservative MP for years. Never once did anyone give me grief for my tattoos.

In my 20s I got yelled at by white van men for my clothes and my hair because I was 'alternative' but never my tattoos. So I've no idea what she's on about. Not everyone knows your life story hun. I mean you can't even keep track of it, let alone a random passerby.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Didn't Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys cover his floor in sand for inspiration when writing "Good Vibrations"? Perhaps Jackie could cover hers in peach curry to help with the push to the summit of the book deadline. (Which I don't believe even existed in the first place. There is no market for this kind of shite any more)
Just in case anyone is inspired by such creativity, I once heard of someone filling their living room with play sand for a nice seaside atmos. They also got a big silverfish infestation 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I’ve got no tattoos and I’m not a lesbian or single mum. People are still dicks to me sometimes. When I was a young teacher kids used to go out of their way to say mean things like ‘I remember when those shoes were in fashion miss’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I have no doubt that Louisa is in on this ridiculous charade. She's just as childish and pathetic as Jack, the worst kind of enabler.
I think so too, and that when Jack was talking about wearing headphones it was to drown out Louisa and SB.

I saw Louisa has been tweeting about It’s a Sin so we can expect Jack to pick up on that in the next week I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I wonder if they're back together. Louisa Compton was moving back in for second lockdown (three or fours days a week, can't remember which) but she's still there now.

I'm more interested in the kitchen floor though, tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Is that red sauce shining through the Wilko paint in the bottom of the can?
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 13.39.05.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I’ve got no tattoos and I’m not a lesbian or single mum. People are still dicks to me sometimes. When I was a young teacher kids used to go out of their way to say mean things like ‘I remember when those shoes were in fashion miss’.
When I was 5 my family went on holiday to London. We lived in an East Asian country which had little in the way of punks etc, and when we sat opposite a woman with a septum piercing on the Tube, I said very loudly, "Mummy, that woman has a ring through her nose like a pig!"

My mother was mortified, apologised, and made me apologise, too.

I feel like Jack's version of this story would probably involve homophobia, spitting, shin-kicking and dramatically pressing the emergency call button to bring the train to a halt while a doctor is summoned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I wonder if they're back together. Louisa Compton was moving back in for second lockdown (three or fours days a week, can't remember which) but she's still there now.

I'm more interested in the kitchen floor though, tbh.
I seem to recall her very recently referring to her "in-laws" which suggests they are. Perhaps some more forensic Frau could recall the tweet but it definitely stuck in my mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I've been trying to think when I've been abused by random strangers for having visible tattoos, as this seems to be a recurring issue for Mx Jack.

The only instance I can recall is when I was riding a push bike sans helmet and wearing a tank top, a little girl pointed at me and said "Mummy, that man's not wearing a helmet"

Her mum shushed her and said "That's a lady with tattoos".

Pretty lame considering how much poor Jack gets roasted.

HOWEVER

I'd now like to be known as Proto-Jack, now get outta my niche.
I was reading Jack’s Instagram today (I was actually searching to see if I could spot NotJack’s dishes on R Jacks’s page because I’m a dick) and she reckons someone muttered at her on a train “White trash shouldn’t breed”.

I mean...Jack does seemingly have terrible luck coming into contact with such rude people.

So
Very
Often

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I reckon I can top ‘how to mortify your parents’... while my mum was speaking to a neighbour once, I shouted, “Why’s Anne got green teeth?!” I think I received a quick (gentle) kick in the shin to shut up. My poor mum 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.