Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
I saw Louisa has been tweeting about It’s a Sin so we can expect Jack to pick up on that in the next week I think.
I had written a long, long, long off topic post about this, but deleted it.

Please just watch it. I knew Russel back in those times, he dated a good friend of mine. I related to every single scene. I knew the characters he portrayed, the derelict hospital they reopened just for AIDS patients, the guy they kept locked in hospital against his will, the guys who were in denial, the hedonism, the promiscuity, the guys whose parents were horrible. It was all true. It brought back memories both happy and sad.

I am not ashamed to say I cried.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 187

MancBee

VIP Member
I have been thinking about her flippant remark about her being a prostitute, and then never mentioning it again. There are women being trafficked half way around the world and being forced into prostitution. There are women in this country who are street prostitutes because they are being forced to do it. There are women on British streets who have been driven there by their addictions. There are women on the streets who can see no other way to survive, and see no way out. There are women that lose their lives due to prostitution. Jack's throw away remark debases all these women's struggles.

Jack's made an offhand and frivolous comment about her taking up prostitution to make ends meet. However she no longer refers to sex workers, never campaigned about prostitution and trafficking, never suggests strategies to help these women. It just makes her whole comment unbelievable, and very disrespectful of women who are trapped in these situations. She should be ashamed.

Jack doesn't care about anything other than Jack. She is not a true campaigner, she only ever campaigns if she profits from it. What a ghoul.

• Heart
Reactions: 137

This is the last thing I'm going to say about smol robots guy: mate, if you put your creative work on the internet, you have to accept that it's not going to be to everyone's taste. Throwing a fit about it on Twitter only shows your immaturity and will put off potential commissions. I'm an illustrator 🔺(Slopbot is absolutely not indicative of my normal work I swear) and sharing light-hearted personal things can be beneficial for engagement. Since the Instagram algorithms changed to actively discourage the promotion of artists on the platform I've been incredibly bitter but you can't let that show. Nobody wants to hear it. The best thing to do is to keep working, keep sharing other artists' work and get involved in the community. Don't hitch your wagon to an unhinged pathological liar who wouldn't care if you were consumed in a conflagration started by an electric blanket tonight. None of us here harbour any genuine resentment towards you either, the fact is that you're just not that interesting. Take your fedora off, go and sit outside in the sun for a bit and stop engaging with us since you are clearly NOT BOTHERED.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122

Lalalala1212

Hello!
I am a massive lurker (and will probably revert back to being one) but I just wanted to log on and say how hilarious you all are, this thread has made me silently shake with laughter (so as not to wake the sleeping husband) on many an occasion.
Also, obvs - Jack is full of shite, it’s excellent that all the receipts are here.
The poor, deceased birds are my fave - I have laughed when I have seen them when walking the dog and next time I will post the eulogy.
Anyway - thanks and get to absolute fuck x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 121

MancBee

VIP Member
So bored of the performative "I'm up at 3am yet again as so BUSY". Never understood people who do that, they will be knackered by the afternoon so no more productive than someone who gets up at 7am.
A little story.

I got into work VERY early, which was very unlike me, I was the first in the office. My desk was behind a bank of filing cabinets. The usual earlybirds arrived, made coffees sat gossiping about the TV shows etc. Then they started moaning about the people that get in late and stayed late, including me, and I was their line manager. I popped my head around the corner and said, "there's no virtue in coming in early and spending an hour talking". We cleared the air and nothing was ever said about it again.

Similarly for Jack, there's no virtue in getting up early to tit about on Twitter, take selfies, or lounge about in a hammock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I dunno, maybe just me - but if I was in anguished turmoil because an important manuscript was bound with technical issues and I had an impending / overdue deadline, I sure as shit wouldn’t be tweeting about whether you could freeze cheese from Cornwall.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
I think we should stop mentioning the bot feller.
He's trying to gain some followers by riding on her 'I'm being bullied' coattails.
If she won't retweet him why the fuck should we give him publicity?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 108

MancBee

VIP Member
Hello all! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I've been playing around on the wayback machine to read some of Jack's long deleted posts and try to make some sense of Monroeception's many, many alternate timelines.

(I'm very happy to go digging for old posts/quotes if anyone would like me to, as long as I'm not getting all up in someone else's niche!)

Anyway, @MancBee, you weren't far wrong in thinking our Jack might have a soft spot for Thatcher.

I've attached screenshots from AGirlCalledJack.com, posted in April 2013.
Dear God, I had absolutely no idea she had written this. It actually makes me feel equal parts angry and nauseous.

It has often been said by the conservative supporters that you can no longer blame the country's ills on a long past Thatcher era. I couldn't disagree more.

What Thatcher did to the communities in the North, Scotland and Wales can never be undone. The effects of her devisive policies resulted in the devastation of heavy industry, manufacturing, farming, education, employment and the managed decline (MT own words!) of communities. The resulting harm will never, and can never, be reversed. It is felt in those communities still. We can move forward, but what was lost can never be recreated, we have to find a new way. Her London centric policies that turned their back on every other community have consequences to this day.

Jack's likening the unemployment of 2013 to that of the Thatcher era just shows how little she knows of our political past. She really doesn't have a clue. You only gave to look at the riots that occurred across the country, the huge rejection of the Poll Tax, the miners strike, to see that we are in very different situation. She should be embarrassed by her lack of political knowledge.

That article makes me sick to my stomach, especially as it is someone purporting to be left wing. I never rejoiced at the death of Thatcher, but I rejoiced at the death of Thatcherism.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 107

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
"The doctor gave me an eye patch."

Dr: So it's pretty swollen but will be better after 24 hours
Jack: Should I use an eye patch?
Dr: I don't think it's necessary
Jack: But can I use an eye patch?
Dr: Err, if you want, but I really don't thi...
Jack: EYEPATCH

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Sweet Jesus, I'm behind, but I have just googled Mr Robot and realise I only have one degree of separation from his wife. Cabal, hold me!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 105

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
I tried the lip-enhancing new Pringles tonight (I balked a bit at paying £3 for them - they're really not worth it TBH - but I had a bit left in my treat budget for the week and thought it'd be a productive use of my Saturday, seeing as I can do fuck all else with it at the moment).

You might want to brace yourselves for the results, but...my mouth looks exactly the same as before (I even made sure to deliberately rub one of said Pringles directly on my lips, in the interests of science). She's full of shit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 101