Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Domestic lightbulbs donā€™t draw much power, even less if theyā€™re the energy saver type, the whole not having them thing is utterly ridiculous.
It just sounds dramatic. And she's never explained how they got about in winter when it's barely light, or with a toddler who might be scared of the dark. You can't tell me they sat in the total darkness from about 4.30pm, you just can't.

Reactions: 46
It just sounds dramatic. And she's never explained how they got about in winter when it's barely light, or with a toddler who might be scared of the dark. You can't tell me they sat in the total darkness from about 4.30pm, you just can't.
Also the housemates must have been very annoyed not to have a fridge or light bulbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
What I will never get my head around is her insistence she lived in grinding poverty for two years (no heating, no light bulbs) with a very small child, but the child had a loving father and grandparents who apparently stood by idly and watched this?
Two years is a long time to keep that hidden from a family you're supposedly close to. Are we to believe that she lived so nearby to her mum and dad, with her toddler son, and in two years neither mum or dad popped round? She was a single, first time mother, with shaky mental health, and they never popped round and saw how she was living, in TWO years? Knowing also, that she was unemployed, and times might be a bit hard? It's bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Uh-huh. I crossed to this forum from Sarah Akwisombe's thread and are we allowed to feel heartbroken, if this is our first time finding out about Jack? :/
During your time here you will laugh, a lot, so advice is donā€™t consume liquid whilst tattling

You can also really see how jagged the edges of the holes are in this pic! And to use it you have to put your hand into it...this is so unsafe, how are people applauding it?!
Cos they are sycophantic muppets

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Morninā€™ all. Today Iā€™m painting a lot of geometric triangles šŸ”ŗand it occurred to me that we never did find out about the Daily Pythagoras, did we?

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Iā€™ve just got ā€œMAKE IT MAKE SENSEā€ spinning around my head with all these different absurd timelines

Thread title suggestion: MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Iā€™m a day behind so this might already have been commented on - she claims to have been involved in prostitution and stealing food to survive in 2013, isnā€™t that at odds with the more recent timeline?
Previous claim of being a SW was whilst pregnant. There was an anonymous article and 'Sam' later confirmed to be Jack and implied SB's father was a client.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Guardian article July 2013

Observer piece July 2013

She's been exaggerating since the start.
She froze the leftovers, so freezer but no fridge. Unless her flat really was that cold.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
@colouredlines Is it worth adding this to the timeline, the first article in the Guardian I can find?
July 2013, during the prostitution time!

The pics & video here were taken in her flat - quoting Potatoes, The mirrored tiles were my landlords decision, not mine, but I did like them. Shame the rest of the flat was a cold damp sh*thole, but the very tiny kitchen was alright.

Were the film crew confused by the lack of lightbulbs, I wonder?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
@colouredlines Is it worth adding this to the timeline, the first article in the Guardian I can find?
July 2013, during the prostitution time!

Depressing that the comments are pretty much what we say today about performative poverty, portion size, strange reliance on Timā€™s when fresh is cheaper, weird insistence on boiling toxins out of canned chickpeas...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Please tread on toes. It's a full time job trying to get all those links in.
I might add some to it at some point, be good to get some of the recent FSM stuff in there and how she tried to insert herself in it all. Debunk some of the "Jack lead the campaign" crap that gets put out there šŸ™„.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.