Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her tin craft isn't exactly Martha Stewart, init? You'd appreciate it from a child, bit from a grown woman those plant hangers and lights just look sloppy AF.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oooh where are you from?

Me and my boyfriend went to Northumberland back in October. I think if I didn't live down south that I would want to live there. We went to Alnmouth which has pretty much had my heart since I went there as a 16 year old. Beautiful part of the world.
Alnmouth is gorgeous! I grew up in London but so thankful that I decided to raise my daughter on the coast. The fact that in the summer she can go straight from school into the sea will always be something that I'm grateful for. We spent so much time in the sea last year. Love moody, grey, dramatic Winter seafront walks too. You should give one of those a try Jack, you might get some inspiration for Pebbles in my Pocket part 2.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I don't think Jack l knows what ambient lighting is.
Yes she does. It’s those blue flashy ones you get on the top of the personal minibus that takes you to get your splinter ouchies seen to.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
We love Northumberland. We were booked at Seahouses last Easter and still hope to get there this year but we know it’s unlikely.

We love it; the sea, beaches and walks , I could cry thinking about it ( soppy date I am) it’s our favourite place but where we live 🔺it’s a 5 hour drive on a good day with one loo stop.

Sorry for the outburst , Jack should appreciate the surroundings she has.
Craster is my love. The little cafe and art gallery. The view to Dunstanburgh. Like you, my heart aches to go there.

All the villages along that stretch are just stunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Jack is now the Craftful Dodger and if she keeps eating eggs there will be an episode of Fart Attack.
#naffdadjokes

• Haha
Reactions: 33
this has been bugging me for a while.

a couple of her regular correspondents are going through quite bad times atm. they always tweet her sympathy when she's sadfishing, but it's crickets from her.

yet she's got all the time in the world for a self-proclaimed misanthrope saying he puts headphones on in a supermarket. 🥴

and she continually refers to her "small family/household" so how loud can they be? especially in that massive house. when only cooper and dash are there full time?

it's not true, of course. and she's free to converse with whoever she wants, of course.

but wouldn't it be nice to send some thoughts'n'prayers to her mutuals? instead of just lying about how much respite she needs from her busy, busy family life. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I’ve been Grunka-ing for ages and still am but I had to go comment on her and the robot guy’s messages to us...

Robot Man - I don’t get it, I’ll be honest. Robots aren’t my think (don’t exclude me Cabal but Slopbot is lost on me too). But from what I’ve seen, you’re desperate for this to take off and my advice would be, don’t depend on Jack Monroe for help with that. If she was going to RT you, she would have done it by now. And do you really think she’s the best person to be associated with? I don’t know how many of her threads you read but I would love to know what you found so egregious. Was it the genuine concern for SB? Was it the many, many people devastated by what happened to the kitten? Probably not. These threads expose her lies and have tweets she long since deleted to back these up.

I don’t personally care for your inference that one of your robots would help someone stay sober - is that what you said? I could go back and get the receipts, they’ll be there. If that is what you said, you might consider getting in touch with the General Service Office at Alcoholics Anonymous, they’ve been doing it wrong for 80+ years...

Which leads me to my next point. I’ve spoken a fair bit about my alcoholism because I’m not ashamed of it. Would I have chosen to be an addict? No. Do I own it? Yes. And either way Jack, you’ve painted yourself into a corner - are you throwing “addicts” around as an insult because you’re not one yourself and really have lied for some sick reason? Or are you in denial and a “dry drunk” who can’t even begin to think there’s anything about themselves they have to change? I have a lot of wonderful addicts in my life, they’re just not practicing. I’m married to one, some of my best friends are and not one of them would life their lives the way you live yours. I’m proud of them and I’m proud of me.

I’m sure when I go back I’ll see you’ve deleted the tweets because the last thing you need is for more people coming here and seeing what you’re really like.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
this has been bugging me for a while.

a couple of her regular correspondents going through quite bad times atm. they always tweet her sympathy when she's sadfishing, but it's crickets from her.

yet she's got all the time in the world for a self-proclaimed misanthrope saying he puts headphones on in a supermarket. 🥴

and she continually refers to her "small family/household" so how loud can they be? especially in that massive house. when only cooper and dash are there full time?

it's not true, of course. and she's free to converse with whoever she wants, of course.

but wouldn't it be nice to send some thoughts'n'prayers to her mutuals? instead of just lying about how much respite she needs from her busy, busy family life. 🙄
It was the same with Nims (who I haven’t seen in ages responding to her), she would engage with her when Nims responded to her sadfishing but largely ignore her the rest of the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 47
I’m still here but feeling a bit overwhelmed- you lot go too quick for me!
I’ll have a look through and answer some questions tomorrow- I still have to do it in secret as Mr EssexBoy101 is “not impressed” :censored:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
That was her destiny, ripped to shreds by simon cowell with her over inflated ego
They were definitely interested in her due to her desperation and ego mixture making her a potential for meltdowns. She is just about a decent enough singer to not be a total joke contestant, but not good enough to be a real contender, so, for once, it was definitely her personality they were after!

Reactions: 17
I’m still here but feeling a bit overwhelmed- you lot go too quick for me!
I’ll have a look through and answer some questions tomorrow- I still have to do it in secret as Mr EssexBoy101 is “not impressed” :censored:
Sorry, I'm not going to give you a break: here's another question!

In an article about her alleged alcoholism in 2019, she mentions all the friends she'd flaked on because of it. I'm wondering if the public alcoholism claim is to excuse problems she's caused in her personal life, rather than entirely for media attention?

Reactions: 25
I just remember that when that bloody Sponsorbot first appeared, Jack tweeted about it (now deleted because Jack) and Mr Smol did a load of "ooh eek so many new followers how will we cope" false modesty bullshit. It was very offputting from someone apparently running a business. I also do get major Nice Guy vibes from pretty much everything he posts. And they're not robots!!!

Having said that, I've mentioned before that Mr Smol, at least, regularly maintains his Patreon etc. So he is certainly a cut above R Jackie.

Reactions: 42
hhhhnnnnnnnngggghhhh! all this talk of Northumberland and the sea is making me homesick! Tynemouth on a drizzly day ❤ Bamburgh on a hot sunny day trip ❤

yours,
a geordie frau in Sheffield

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Craster is my love. The little cafe and art gallery. The view to Dunstanburgh. Like you, my heart aches to go there.

All the villages along that stretch are just stunning.

We did Craster on our trip (as recommended by a local cabbie) 😊 We got horribly rained on but it was still the absolute best. Couldn't agree more!
PXL_20201026_114517072-01.jpeg

Can't wait for the UK to open up again to do some exploring.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.