Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So just catching up..... having read the telegraph babble I feel I need to add this. She states to her SB that she only likes women and is a lesbian yet from a post in 2017 she talks about her flirting crush being a man. (I'll attach pics) She seems to have an issue of deciding what she is as a person in many aspects of her life. (Whether that be from the whole vegan gate, 'pescetarian bodybuilder', trans, non binary, the many medical issues and various other things.) It seems very much that she's not comfortable for whatever reason just being herself, whatever that may be rather than jumping on the latest 'in things' to her. Hopefully this makes sense.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Long time lurker. The title of this thread was what brought me to Tattle in the first place. I thought I was having deja vu, she kept mentioning this bleeping semifreddo but when I searched her tweets I could never find anything. I obv now know it’s because she deleted everything. So I had to do some digging to check I wasn’t going mad. And that’s how I found you fraus 🥰

P.s. special shout out to @PoorPatrol whose post about doing the Savage dance on the court steps from thread #77 still makes me randomly burst out laughing multiple times a week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
So just catching up..... having read the telegraph babble I feel I need to add this. She states to her SB that she only likes women and is a lesbian yet from a post in 2017 she talks about her flirting crush being a man. (I'll attach pics) She seems to have an issue of deciding what she is as a person in many aspects of her life. (Whether that be from the whole vegan gate, 'pescetarian bodybuilder', trans, non binary, the many medical issues and various other things.) It seems very much that she's not comfortable for whatever reason just being herself, whatever that may be rather than jumping on the latest 'in things' to her. Hopefully this makes sense.
It does make sense. It’s quite sad really, but explains why she jumps from cause to cause/look to look/lifestyle to lifestyle etc far better than her oft-used reason of ADHD.

What makes less sense is that she says it was “usual” for people to compare her to Lily Allen or Eva Green. In her dreams!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I find it absolutely mad that she's naming her son all of a sudden in newspapers left right and centre. What is the point of calling him SB for years online 'to protect him' and then calling him by name in several pointless, rehashed, dredging-up-the-past articles in papers at arguably the most critical point in his life where he will need privacy?
She’s desperate for attention and if being a Mum gives her extra column inches she’ll wheel him out regardless of his privacy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
@Showmethemoonie you found us today from this thread title but you laugh regularly at a post in thread 77?
Make it make sense! We’ve got enough of this origin story carry on with old Mackie!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It seems very much that she's not comfortable for whatever reason just being herself
I think it's this and a big dollop of being desperate for validation and a sense of belonging to some group or club of people.

In my weaker moments I almost feel a bit sorry for her. She's like a middle child, always alone, desperate for attention, trying really hard to fit in and always failing.

Lord help me, sympathy for Jack...
I'm sorry to everyone on this thread, I've let you all down, I've let the site down and I've let myself down..

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Your mum is a man is a standard kid insult if I remember right.
Did people even still say ****** 5 years ago? Why would you call Jack a ******?
I did playground supervision duty in this rough period and both ****** and gay were (and still are to some extent) being thrown around... but I never heard them used to actually specifically mean “Your mum is transgender”, it was just a word they knew was insulting. “Your mums fat” was another common one, regardless of the size of the mum in question.

Unless SB managed to knock out or somehow seriously injure this much larger child, I can’t see much more happening than a ticking off for him and the older child would get a much bigger telling off for bullying a reception child (even if they didn’t take the use of ****** as seriously as she wanted). Much as Jack may think it’s rare, children punching (or kicking or shoving over) each other happens fairly regularly, a proportion of the school that would alarm her would be suspended in a given year if that was the criteria.

Another musing, do reception children tend to share a playground with kids that much older down Jack’s way? It would be unusual here, if reception don’t have their own area, most schools at least have infant and juniors split.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
@Showmethemoonie you found us today from this thread title but you laugh regularly at a post in thread 77?
Make it make sense! We’ve got enough of this origin story carry on with old Mackie!
Think they mean they have googled the lesser mentioned semifreddo before and it brought them to tattle originally!

Does anybody know who the crush said she looked like because that's gonna annoy me all day 😆. Was it Andy Serkis?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I expect the boy had the fight in the morning.
She is called and arrives around lunchtime and is told it's probably best if she take him home for the rest of the day.
This would avoid any conflict between the parents at the end of school.
Especially if the kid was being picked up by his father. They wouldn't want her to repeat any of the behaviour she brags about especially when she was quoted in the press as saying she carried a knife in front of children.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
She's said she likes men on the Mumsnet "worship me I'm non-binary" thread, but calls herself a lesbian because women are the ones who she has significant relationships with. (Open relationships during which she still hooks up with men). Then there's the famous quote "my veganism is like my lesbianism, there are always exceptions and it's always worth it".

Anything true about her is Not Good Enough. Just putting it out there: a symptom of BPD is having an unstable and rapidly shifting sense of identity, and feeling like you don't have your own personality.

Also, Eva Green? No. Lily Allen, I'll grant her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Not just any man... A MAN FROM'T TELLY!

so gender doesn't matter, obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Is it me or is she EVERYWHERE at the moment? I feel like I've read and listened to the origin story more times in the past week than in the entire time I'd been aware of her existence beforehand (and the latter wasn't exactly a small number either, considering the story's been retold more times than the Nativity).
The Nativity's only got two versions plus the truth. And at least they generally agree, rather than directly contradict themselves from one verse to the next.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I brace myself for the usual, Eva Green 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Think they mean they have googled the lesser mentioned semifreddo before and it brought them to tattle originally!

Does anybody know who the crush said she looked like because that's gonna annoy me all day 😆. Was it Andy Serkis?

Here you go. I've attached what she looked like and her response. Still no idea who the bloke was 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
There's a longer one which he's in ...

Here it is @MooBelle
Needs a trigger warning!!!

The standard onions followed by oil in a cold pan.

Potatoes chopped on the counter not a chopping board (?).

Obviously pre-Allegra because there's no salt.

Sainsburys must have been secretly delighted that they had an excuse to drop her!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

Sainsburys must have been secretly delighted that they had an excuse to drop her!
The chopping directly onto the counters gave me a (gentle) shudder too.

SB is v sweet.

Reactions: 37

Alert the onion police, quick!!

She can’t make eye contact with the camera properly can she? She keeps looking off to the side at someone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.