Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amazing how her boy can’t remember the incident at school that led to him being excluded, but can remember starving as a toddler.
To be fair, she won't let him forget about "The Poverty" or as it's now known "The Destitution."

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
When I see ooft all I can think of is Oor Wullie and The Broons where ooft, aiyah and Ooah featured on a regular basis. I bet Jack thinks Scotland is really like that too. She will try to book the But n Ben next time she comes up.

Loving your rainbow squiggles ❤
Sadly the but n Ben is ‘slightly’ outside of her chosen radius of Edinburgh apartment-rose st Sainsbury’s-dishoom

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I find it absolutely mad that she's naming her son all of a sudden in newspapers left right and centre. What is the point of calling him SB for years online 'to protect him' and then calling him by name in several pointless, rehashed, dredging-up-the-past articles in papers at arguably the most critical point in his life where he will need privacy?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I just listened to the Telegraph podcast. Two things:

(a) Jack still sounds like she needs to give her nose a really good blow; and
(b) The interview was conducted by someone who is the "investigations editor" at the Telegraph. Let's just say that her credulousness belies that title somewhat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I find it absolutely mad that she's naming her son all of a sudden in newspapers left right and centre. What is the point of calling him SB for years online 'to protect him' and then calling him by name in several pointless, rehashed, dredging-up-the-past articles in papers at arguably the most critical point in his life where he will need privacy?
Did you know, he was actually featured in her sainsbury's advert? She's never given a single F about protecting him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Is it me or is she EVERYWHERE at the moment? I feel like I've read and listened to the origin story more times in the past week than in the entire time I'd been aware of her existence beforehand (and the latter wasn't exactly a small number either, considering the story's been retold more times than the Nativity).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Is it me or is she EVERYWHERE at the moment? I feel like I've read and listened to the origin story more times in the past week than in the entire time I'd been aware of her existence beforehand (and the latter wasn't exactly a small number either, considering the story's been retold more times than the Nativity).
Bit of a slow newsweek with lockdown still in action, I think ... 😬 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 38
just for fun, here is every reference i can find to this now-infamous dish...

View attachment 443736

View attachment 443737

View attachment 443739

in this one the marie rose ice cream and gorgonzola semifreddo appear to have morphed into one hideous dish
🤔

View attachment 443741

View attachment 443742
Christ almighty.
It's like she discovered cold fusion and got a Nobel prize for it. For years afterwards people are like 'oh Jack dear hart, tell us again about your gorgonzola monstrosity'

Except she didn't and no one bleeping cares.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Christ almighty.
It's like she discovered cold fusion and got a Nobel prize for it. For years afterwards people are like 'oh Jack dear hart, tell us again about your gorgonzola monstrosity'

Except she didn't and no one bleeping cares.
someone should add it to her wikipedia

• Haha
Reactions: 34
It's almost like she's contacted every possible outlet to ask if they want an article on her last breakdowns/how she once struggled to juggle work and childcare/how her son copes with a gay parent/what hand she wipes her arse with/ANYTHING please just print me there are dissenters on the Linda collab

• Haha
Reactions: 55
This is unrelated to Jack, and I don't want to start a flame-war/off-topic discussion, but I find it a bit odd that 27k vegan uses Heinz vegan mayo, when they're a company who predominantly produces non-vegan products? If they boycotted Linda McCartney products over their use of Jack (for her views on low-welfare meat) then surely that view would cross over to other companies? I know it's a controversial topic in the vegan community, especially as it's great that brands are moving with the times a bit (vegan ranges etc... even though my cynical brain knows that's only because they'd lose a large amount of customers otherwise)...

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Yeah, it's scraping around for positive PR. I feel sorry for her agent having to deal with this bullshit and another missed deadline. I bet they can't wait to get shot of her once the contract runs.

Reactions: 26
It's almost like she's contacted every possible outlet to ask if they want an article on her last breakdowns/how she once struggled to juggle work and childcare/how her son copes with a gay parent/what hand she wipes her arse with/ANYTHING please just print me there are dissenters on the Linda collab
And never mentions anything at all to progress/spotlight the actual issues she professes to care about. It’s all just woe is me.

Time she scratched “campaigner” from her bio, honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It's because the "Jackanory Life Story Directors Cut Definitive Edition With Super Special Extras, Deleted Scenes and Cast Interviews" is coming out soon. Available for pre-order from £1 bargain bins exclusive to MIddle of Lidl.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Was she with Allegra 5 years ago? Could SB have been at a ££ prep and sent home to calm down? Which to Jack becomes “suspended” and is a handy reason to move to a =/=££ school when they break up? Might be way off the mark but just wondering.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
It's "just" a picture of him in the advert. Still doesn't sit right with me. Let's face it, she would never have got traction without the misty eyed rhetoric of Small Boy.

Still the same awful nasal voice.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
@moosesauna I don’t find it odd. The Linda’s brand is based on her ethics, plus not all of their product is vegan, some is veggie.
Heinz is a big brand moving towards vegan, that’s a good thing. And it’s a different kettle of fish, they’re not saying we care about animals + eat factory farm meat.

Edit 🥕 100% vegan autocarrot duck up

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Regarding being suspended at age 5. Jonny is only 10. There is no way that he would have forgotten such a major incident as bullying, followed by a physical fight with a much larger child, followed by a talking to from the teachers, followed by suspension.

I think Jack has made the whole thing up and is implanting a false history in her own child.
He is going to be so confused when one of his peers says to him “You were suspended in reception, haha!”

ETA: I suppose the small blessing on this story is that it’s something his Dad will know for 100% sure is bollocks, unless she tries to claim they wouldn’t inform SBs other parent.

The poverty things will be far murkier for SB to work out the truth behind if she starts claiming she hid it from his dad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Your mum is a man is a standard kid insult if I remember right.
Did people even still say ****** 5 years ago? Why would you call Jack a ******?

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.