Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a day behind so this might already have been commented on - she claims to have been involved in prostitution and stealing food to survive in 2013, isn’t that at odds with the more recent timeline?
Guardian article July 2013

Observer piece July 2013

She's been exaggerating since the start.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Channel 4 really do love THAT MAN don’t they?
Oooft.
Friday night confession time. I actually really like THAT MAN, as well as HFW (genuine champion of fishos and alleged night-time hair enthusiast).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Lol seriously, she took lightbulbs out and now shes saying she lived without them for 2yrs. Without a fridge lol. Food bank for only 6 months of that tho.

All whilst not asking for help when she knew she could have. You should have been the one reported to social services for neglect, luv.
The poverty has now been upgraded to the destitution and the stories get more and more extreme.

Benefits are hardly generous but in 2012/13 if you were claiming them properly then you would have been able to have a safe roof over your head (even if it is social housing which she turns her nose up at) and electricity.

Was she an alcoholic at the time?

Was SBs dad not stepping in to do something rather than let his child live in squalor?

Reactions: 44
Doesn't fit the timeline. This article was Nov 2013, exactly two years after leaving the fire service, and in this she is apparently off benefits and earning money from freelancing -

But in her blog thing she said she put her benefits in to a spreadsheet. Anyway, didn't Southend have libraries and community centres where she could use free computers?

Reactions: 32
Soft block is when you block a follow and then unblock immediately. It removes them as a follower but means that you can still see each other’s tweets.
It seems like a bizarre thing to do. If you dislike someone and don't want to interact with them then surely just blocking makes sense.

Reactions: 26
Thread title suggestion: The Poverty has now been upgraded to The Destitution

Courtesy of hollowhusk

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I bought some disposable cardboard shewee things...but . I don't get it. You still have to .....pull your pants n jeans down, or hoik your skirt up. I'd rather crouch n hide. Sorry....too much pipi information

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Imagine if someone were to put together an actual timeline of events from all the different snippets of info she's put out constantly over the years. It'd be Jack's book 7 crazy-wall times a thousand.
Imagine if the time line was written on long strips of special wallpaper around one of her many rooms 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I always do a :( reaction out of respect for our feathered friends, but it was so hard not to press :ROFLMAO:
Sorry majestic one🦩xoxo
I saw a noble raven (big black woolly glove) flattened on the road today & laughed as I drove past. Mind you I am actually a vicious tosser (not bored though just BUSY)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Oh god I hope this link works! A #jackshacks for any quarantining frau...

The fact that Sinéad O'Connor is playing in the background makes this even funnier. That song always reminds me of when Jack was going to share a custard cake recipe “soon”. Seven hours passed.... no recipe.
@Alansbigplate posted a faceswap with the caption, “it’s been seven hours since custard cake” :ROFLMAO:
A whole baby was birthed before she finally posted that recipe! (Love to Ladderedtights who I’m not tagging because I imagine she genuinely is busy!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I’m a day behind so this might already have been commented on - she claims to have been involved in prostitution and stealing food to survive in 2013, isn’t that at odds with the more recent timeline?
Complete bullshit, good find from you! In autumn 2012 she moved from her executive flat to a two-bed (going from 725£ to 675 in rent). She was financially secure enough at this point to take on two cats.

She then started a home craft business, had some photos locally exhibited, and got a job at the Southend Echo. AFAIK that job was as a trainee reporter. The only way her story makes sense is if she was, indeed, hired as the paper's official prostitute, which would be quite the scandal.

She signed her first book deal in May 2013.

ETA: in the anonymous Buzzfeed piece about domestic violence in same sex relationships, she specifically claimed to have worked as a prostitute prior to her pregnancy. Admittedly details could have been changed to preserve anonymity etc, but a key part of that story was that the abusive girlfriend was abusive while Jack was pregnant and bullied her for having worked as a prostitute.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Complete bullshit, good find from you! In autumn 2012 she moved from her executive flat to a two-bed (going from 725£ to 675 in rent). She was financially secure enough at this point to take on two cats.

She then started a home craft business, had some photos locally exhibited, and got a job at the Southend Echo. AFAIK that job was as a trainee reporter. The only way her story makes sense is if she was, indeed, hired as the paper's official prostitute, which would be quite the scandal.

She signed her first book deal in May 2013.

ETA: in the anonymous Buzzfeed piece about domestic violence in same sex relationships, she specifically claimed to have worked as a prostitute prior to her pregnancy. Admittedly details could have been changed to preserve anonymity etc, but a key part of that story was that the abusive girlfriend was abusive while Jack was pregnant and bullied her for having worked as a prostitute.
The papers official prostitute 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That Threader page is the gift that keeps on giving. I am currently hooting at her Smart Price Miss Marple act after claiming her phone number was stolen and the last six months' earnings (around five grand) had been cleared out of her account. She swears that as she is 'an autistic, methodical, ruthless investigator' she will pull a Liam Neeson and track them down. I don't think we ever heard anything more about it. As a matter of interest, this was 11th October 2019, three days before her book deadline.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
That Threader page is the gift that keeps on giving. I am currently hooting at her Smart Price Miss Marple act after claiming her phone number was stolen and the last six months' earnings (around five grand) had been cleared out of her account. She swears that as she is 'an autistic, methodical, ruthless investigator' she will pull a Liam Neeson and track them down. I don't think we ever heard anything more about it. As a matter of interest, this was 11th October 2019, three days before her book deadline.
This made it into several newspapers...October 2019 must have been a pretty dull month in the UK I guess!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Doesn't fit the timeline. This article was Nov 2013, exactly two years after leaving the fire service, and in this she is apparently off benefits and earning money from freelancing -

Am I the only one who has reached the stage where I’m more surprised when she says something and it does fit the timeline 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.