Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is really pedantic but just back from a trip to my local Tescos šŸ”ŗļøšŸ¤£ and I noticed that the new, spicy lip filler Pringles are priced at Ā£3.30 compared with Ā£1.50 for the regular kind. Not saying it from a 'poor can't have nice things' kind of way, but surely if you couldn't afford butter/ were saving for a 'Forever Home'/having a no spend year then wouldn't you opt for the cheaper item? For example, I have had quite a few big outgoings this month so I'm trying to cut back.. so I chose to buy a pizza that was on offer rather than one that was twice as expensive. Buying super expensive gimmicky crisps is something that someone would do if they were either crap with money or had so much money that budgeting wasn't an issue... especially in the context of the Ā£20 shop etc. Of course there is always the option that she found them in a puddle or they were a gift from BB?
Ah but you see she compared them with the price of lip fillers (Ā£240 per 1 ml where I live) and determined that the Pringles were a much cheaper way to get full pouty lips. #moneysavingtip #jackshacks

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Sort of off topic but only sort of. Since I realised JM has beef with MB Iā€™ve been following him on IG and I have laughed so much at his stories. If itā€™s a race between booking one cheap vegan-ish cook who doesnā€™t live on this planet and another, I would go for Barclay any day. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Canā€™t wait to see what sheā€™s going to do with those Pringleā€™s Tubes. Make a vase/drinking receptacle? #jackshacks

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ah but you see she compared them with the price of lip fillers (Ā£240 per 1 ml where I live) and determined that the Pringles were a much cheaper way to get full pouty lips. #moneysavingtip #jackshacks
Except in her case she had the fillers AND the pringles.

Allegedly.

• Haha
It has maybe been addressed already as Iā€™m a few pages behind but her post calling us addicts is in quite poor taste given she is an AA member..... does she have a hierarchy of addicts too just like the same way she is one of the deserving poor?
I bet she does. People will slag addicts to my face cos I don't 'look' like one. Fun to see reactions but it's also really damn sad.

edit: maybe I'm being a dick and she has struggled with alcohol but the way she speaks about it makes me think not. It's been seven years I've been clean from my particular drug of choice, but it's not something you forget

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Except in her case she had the fillers AND the pringles.

Allegedly.
she does look to me like sheā€™s dabbled in fillers, although I donā€™t think she gets them topped up as often as everyone thinks. If you get the proper stuff done well then it should last for months, if she had it done every 2/3 months her lips would be truly enormous by now.

ETA - also, why shouldnā€™t she get the fillers AND the Pringles? God will nobody let her have nice things just because sheā€™s poor?! She deserves BOTH okayyy? (I jest, obvs)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
It's really great that she recognised a problem and took steps to address it. But - really - behaviourally, what's changed?

View attachment 445429
That is horrific.

I hope SB had someone looking after him while his mum was drunk, depressive and paranoid.

I grew up with parental alcoholism (in my teens so older than SB) and it still affects me.

Also she had talked about ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) and parental addiction is definitely on that list.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
27k viggleā€™s granola looked outstanding. I hope she continues in the theme of making delicious versions, Not posting here if not allowed to?

Today at work I re-read the Monroe-Hopkins case on LexisNexis. I know it's been posted here a while ago, but for anyone new to this forum, it's a goldmine. Here's a tiny little snippet.

twitter.JPG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
It has maybe been addressed already as Iā€™m a few pages behind but her post calling us addicts is in quite poor taste given she is an AA member..... does she have a hierarchy of addicts too just like the same way she is one of the deserving poor?
Thereā€™s literally so much I wish I could say on this subject but would be so inappropriate and sick of me to say it. But this is a lovely little exert attached - off topic so not inserted - personally for me I canā€™t see how anyone who has worked at and benefitted from recovery could continue to be such an anthesis to this so very publicly. I donā€™t know if I truly believe she needs help in this sense, I think it was a very astute PR move from Allegra after the utterly horrifying baby Cameron comments (I know his name and debated using it but it just doesnā€™t feel okay today in this context, this isnā€™t a lack of respect x).

Thereā€™s a lot of very valid #discourse to be had around recovery, recovery spaces, inclusion and safeguarding of minority groups, etc but she lacks the nuance and experience to tackle it. There are books she can read, meetings she can attend, charities she can work with, etc etc but obviously first port of call is flogging it to the Guardian with no regard for anyone but her pockets. Disgusting tbh and I think alongside constantly exploiting and mugging her poor son off the worst editions of Jack.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 53
That is horrific.

I hope SB had someone looking after him while his mum was drunk, depressive and paranoid.

I grew up with parental alcoholism (in my teens so older than SB) and it still affects me.

Also she had talked about ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) and parental addiction is definitely on that list.
Yes, I think about that little chap a fair bit.

Iā€™m hopeful that, because we know Jack has at a minimum exaggerated her experiences, things wonā€™t have been quite so rough on SB.

Not that having to live with someone who exaggerates and dramatises so much can be easy either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I can't wait either!! I love to cook my dinner on an open flame inside an old Del Monte can! #useful

View attachment 445656
View attachment 445658
We made tiny tin can pancakes at brownies, they took bleeping ages to cook. Even as a 9 year old the novelty wore off standing there waiting for the damn things to be ready!

The tin can apple pie is amazing, imagine soggy pastry on the bottom, handling a red hot can and then trying to get a spoon long enough to reach the bottom.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
We made tiny tin can pancakes at brownies, they took bleeping ages to cook. Even as a 9 year old the novelty wore off standing there waiting for the damn things to be ready!

The tin can apple pie is amazing, imagine soggy pastry on the bottom, handling a red hot can and then trying to get a spoon long enough to reach the bottom.
I feel like there's a reason we normally don't eat apple pies from old tins...

• Haha
Reactions: 55
She lets it slip every so often. She disapproves of ā€œaddictsā€, she disapproves of loud single mums in pubs, she suggests people on benefits sit around eating chips and watching telly all day. She views life in Daily Mail stereotypes and is full of class prejudice.
I donā€™t know why because she's got no class at all šŸ˜‰šŸ˜

She's very lower middle class, from a family that's desperate to prove that they're posher than they actually are. Money doesn't buy class in any sense of the term.

But all that reading here will do is result in her manically trying to paper over the cracks and just making everything messier and absolutely impossible to reconcile.
Good! The more obvious her clashing stories are, the more people will see through her grasping.

• Heart
I think she may have soft blocked you.
What is softblocked?

I follow someone who keeps making me unfollow him but I can still see his posts and profile so I can't be blocked.

He's someone I partially agree with but we disagree wildly on politics and I like debating with him sometimes.

Reactions: 17
Lads if anyone is up for it (Iā€™m BUSY) I reckon fake ladyfireman Jack as a topic would be a good one to collate in a post and add to the wiki?
Whilst sheā€™s setting candles in painted tins

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.