Jack Monroe #15 Shaved head and on the beg. Whatever happened to the show from the shed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have cooked my first recipe from the Green Roasting Tin, it was lovely. I’m now the proud owner of a mini oven, my proper oven died a few days ago. Mini oven will keep us going until the world starts again 👍.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I thought she wrote not my circus not my bleeping monkeys on the ballot paper.

what was Jude Law doing in Southend? Does he live there?
In one account, yes. In this telling, she seems mostly to have been abusing innocent biros. She just says whatever sounds the most fetchingly dramatic in the moment. She also comes across like a complete fantasist who imagines herself as the heroine of a film playing in her head. As far as I know, she wasn't commissioned by any media outlet to cover the referendum and yet there she was, breaking pens and snapping at Jude Law. After that, she probably ordered three dozen pizzas and worked through the night, ripping abortive accounts from her typewriter, screwing them into a ball and aiming them at a mesh waste paper basket. Ruffling her hair, staring into space, lighting one cigarette from another, until Louisa steals up behind her, massages her shoulders, and says "That's enough for tonight. You gotta rest. For your sake - and for the sake of the country that will still need you tomorrow!".

As for Jude Law, duck knows. Apparently he was filming in Essex two months before she wrote this blog post. Maybe she really did yell at him about Redcar, or maybe she just thought she did because it sounded so good. We'll never know.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/17895482.jude-law-spotted-filming-osea-island-new-tv-show/

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
In one account, yes. In this telling, she seems mostly to have been abusing innocent biros. She just says whatever sounds the most fetchingly dramatic in the moment. She also comes across like a complete fantasist who imagines herself as the heroine of a film playing in her head. As far as I know, she wasn't commissioned by any media outlet to cover the referendum and yet there she was, breaking pens and snapping at Jude Law. After that, she probably ordered three dozen pizzas and worked through the night, ripping abortive accounts from her typewriter, screwing them into a ball and aiming them at a mesh waste paper basket. Ruffling her hair, staring into space, lighting one cigarette from another, until Louisa steals up behind her, massages her shoulders, and says "That's enough for tonight. You gotta rest. For your sake - and for the sake of the country that will still need you tomorrow!".

As for Jude Law, duck knows. Apparently he was filming in Essex two months before she wrote this blog post. Maybe she really did yell at him about Redcar, or maybe she just thought she did because it sounded so good. We'll never know.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/17895482.jude-law-spotted-filming-osea-island-new-tv-show/
OT but I worked with Jude on a film and he was complete delight. Was fully prepared to hate him as I’d always thought he was a smug prick 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

It does rather have the whiff of a modern-day - "Did I ever tell you about the day my good friend, Danny La Rue, performed for us in our lounge?"

rs-of-reddit-for-me-heres-an-old-man-dancing-92511.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's the minor things but I made perfect scones today (except my 2 use up the dough scraps ones, but we won't talk about them) for the first time ever, enjoyed by all with butter jam and cream.
Just thought I would share.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I didn't realise you had to earn back the book advance, so maybe some of the "they are withholding my royalties" is I haven't sold enough books to earn royalties (just a thought, no evidence to back it up)
Entirely possible. And if she has an agent, then the agent gets a percentage of the royalties as well. Also, depending on the contract, if a subsequent book isn't selling as well as expected and hasn't repaid its advance, there may be a clause which allows the publisher to withold royalties on earlier books until the advance on the latest release is covered.

Reactions: 11

Given that Jude Law was there, I expect that wasn’t just any old bar - maybe it was the Groucho Club, the private members’ club for media types in Soho? She must be, or have been, a member because in this article (linked) she says at one point (about when she gave up booze) “The Groucho rang me last week to find out if I was OK because I hadn’t been in”. Fancy, eh?
A single glass of wine at the Groucho bar will cost you anything from £7 to £25. I’m guessing she spent quite a bit in there - both £ and time - if they were missing her so much they rang her up.
(In the article, she also refers to herself as “working class”. 🤔)
Poor poverty stricken Jack. She’s such a hypocrite.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Given that Jude Law was there, I expect that wasn’t just any old bar - maybe it was the Groucho Club, the private members’ club for media types in Soho? She must be, or have been, a member because in this article (linked) she says at one point (about when she gave up booze) “The Groucho rang me last week to find out if I was OK because I hadn’t been in”. Fancy, eh?
A single glass of wine at the Groucho bar will cost you anything from £7 to £25. I’m guessing she spent quite a bit in there - both £ and time - if they were missing her so much they rang her up.
Couldn’t read the archived posts because I can’t deal with class cosplay, amazed the journalist that wrote that had anything to say on her accent as she’s incredibly well spoken. Not notable public school well spoken admittedly, but certainly isn’t dropping any letters?

I’ve noticed it’s never mentioned these days - probably because Twitter isn’t afraid to call this tit out. That Femi is another class cosplayer and he gets ripped a new one regularly.

Reactions: 10
I thought that too, at first. On top of the article you've referred to, I'm sure she posted a tribute to Bernie Katz, Groucho barman, when he died.
But when she wrote about 'bleeping Redcar', she says that she went home then on to a bar, and I think by this point she was back living in Essex? Who knows. She's a riddle.

Reactions: 6

He has filmed around here a couple of times. We get a few big celebrities here filming for That Man’s TV show on the pier. Mark Hamill was my personal favourite sighting 😍

Reactions: 9
Quite a difference going from Social Security phoning you to the Groucho phoning 💅🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I thought that too, at first. On top of the article you've referred to, I'm sure she posted a tribute to Bernie Katz, Groucho barman, when he died.
But when she wrote about 'bleeping Redcar', she says that she went home then on to a bar, and I think by this point she was back living in Essex? Who knows. She's a riddle.

It's like she's trying to be all cool and go to groucho (look at me I'm in the club) but working class at the same time. It's like Liam Gallagher cosplay. I'm so working class and I'm just here to parrrrrrttttyyy. (but i'm in a members club in my 2k shoes)

FYI Groucho is £695 a year to join, plus the £695 joining fee. The waiting time flitted is about 2 year (we know thats for mere plebs though).
Unless she's shelling off 20k a night, I doubt they'd be phoning about her patronage. I went to Annabelles and ordered whispering angel and tequila. LORD they are some prices.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
can afford the fancy prices at the Groucho club, but can't afford afternoon tea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
It does rather have the whiff of a modern-day - "Did I ever tell you about the day my good friend, Danny La Rue, performed for us in our lounge?"

Jesus @Saturn. , some warning please! Pelvic floor ain’t what it used to be and that ⬆ Was a close call 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.