Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Thank you @lipsticktaser for the title. First time I've done a new thread - hope it's all ok.

Yay, @Blurp, you made it over. So hopefully this works.

I've done a bit moore financial snooping. It’s really quite tricky to find out about book sales in the UK ,but I just came across this amazon book sale calculator. I tested it out on my own books and their rankings, and it seems pretty accurate. https://www.tckpublishing.com/amazon-book-sales-calculator/

The Tin Can Cook paperback is ranked #1218 in all books. That means in currently needs to sell about 127 copies per day or 1900 per month. It’s on promotion, so the royalties will be low – probably around 30p per copy. So that would make £570 per month. The ebook sells another 1000 copies per month and usually you get better royalties, but let’s just keep it at 30p ,too. So that’s another £300.

Cooking on a Bootstrap is at #4880, which amounts to 670 sales per month, but it’s not on promotion so she should get AT LEAST £1 per copy - £670. The ebook sells 131 copies a month, so another £131.

Adding this all up, we are at £1671 per month. This is for two of her titles only. Now of course, book sales vary and they will go up and down, but given that she has 7 published books, she should make AT LEAST that figure per month from her royalties.

Let’s add this to the previous estimates of £450 per month from website ads, and £720 from Patreon, that makes £2841 per month. This does NOT include her newspaper work, TV gigs, speaking engagements, affiliate links and tip jar.

Poor, poor, Jack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
This is someone who is well off by any standards - has a good income, says they have been saving for a rainy day, has a partner in the high earners bracket, lives in a lovely large home with a garden, has a good relationship with their child’s father, shares parental responsibility, mum helps with childcare, has published a steady stream of best-selling books etc.

Yet at the first sign of the pandemic/downturn was asking for PayPal donations from her audience. I saw more than one message from someone saying “I don’t have anything right now but when it’s my payday next week I’ll send you what I can spare” and Jack replying along the lines of “you’re an angel, thank you.”

Fuck. That.

(And no offer to return anything when the financially lucrative BBC gig came through either. )

And that’s just one recent example.

So no - we’re not the awful people here.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Cabsav

Hello I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while (kept me entertained during night feeds) and felt it was time to take the plunge and make an account. I’ve never been part of an online forum mainly as they tend to get quite brutal! What I’ve seen on this thread (and another in particular) has really opened my eyes to a lot of instagrammers/“influencers” etc and I feel a bit stupid not seeing through their lies until now.
However on the plus side what I have found on here is the most lovely bunch of people who can hold a debate and see both sides of an argument without it getting nasty. Overall Tattle is not what I was expecting at all, it’s great and I feel like I’ve found likeminded people with a great sense of humour (the court outfits in particular still makes me laugh now!) I was trying to explain the whole JM situation to my other half and a friend but they just didn’t understand it, probably as the whole thing is just 🤯. I have now found my people! 💃🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

Raker

VIP Member
thread title suggestion:

Jack Monroe #16: Emin, Emin on the wall, who is the most hard-done by of us all...?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Unsolicited comments to an influential Labour MP, delivery offers to a Labour luvvie …. is someone angling for a comfy seat in Parliament post Patreon?

Is it just me who gets the feeling that Jack's tacitly trying to compare her compulsive lies being picked apart by a group of bored Scheißhausfraus on a forum to the utterly vile and unfounded abuse that Diane Abbott receives (which also leaks into the mainstream media)?

Because that - THAT - is disgusting. Some of the things which are said to and about Diane Abbott make me feel physically sick, so god only knows how she copes, let alone keeps putting herself out there.

Jack, meanwhile, had the piss taken out of her grated corned beef and is angling for gold in the Oppression Olympics.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

Mel Donte

Chatty Member
Jack is absolutely a manipulator. In fact, that's why a lot of us are here. So many people have said that they supported her at some point before realising what she's really like.

I've bought several of her books, and donated to that bloody Kickstarter. And I did it because I was manipulated into feeling sorry for her. I was really struggling financially, underemployed, living in houseshares with horrible people. But when I read Jack's articles I felt that she must have it so much worse than me. I don't have kids (and didn't know anything about child benefits) and I remember looking at the price of nappies in the supermarket and thinking god, if I had to buy these I don't know how I'd afford food. I assumed that Jack, like me, didn't have any family to turn to. Then bit by bit I realised that Jack had been lying. At first I was embarrassed to have been fooled, now I'm just angry.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
To bless this thread and all who sail in her, I am smashing against its hull one of the most unintentionally funny sentences I have ever read in my life:

"Sit the fuck down, I need to see fucking Redcar!"

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 20.20.35.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

moglits

Talking about nana food, my grandpa used to eat bread and dripping sandwiches. He was skinny as a rake mind.
Slight derail but can we take a moment to appreciate nana food. My beloved late nan would constantly feed me:

• roast mince dinners (plated up about a week in advance of my visit in the oldest, cleanest stove ever, meaning that the gravy was an inch thick)
  • fish and chips on a Friday (she never understood oven chips and they were always slightly al dente)
  • corned beef pie (I had to sit with her in A&E for seven hours once because she nearly sliced off her thumb on the tin)
  • Mr Brain's faggots and marrowfat peas in a bowl with white dippy bread on the side
  • toast done under a grill with proper butter from a proper butter tin kept in the lounge
  • tinned peaches and Ideal Milk
  • all the biscuits, sweet tea, and roast chicken crisps you could eat
God, I miss her.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
My anchovy anecdote.

I sent my husband out to get a Pizza from Pizza Hut. Remember to check it's vegetarian I reminded him. He rolled his eyes and muttered.

Returning home he proudly produces the pizza. See, he says, I got a vegetarian one But, these anchovies smell of fish.

Apparently he thought anchovies were a herb.

Almost all.of my anecdotes revolve around being married to an idiot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
Does anyone feel like they’re in a constant cycle of deja vu?

“Twitter tantrum”
“I’m being bullied, my life is hell”
“moan moan moan”
Twitter fans - “don’t read it Jack!”
“Enough, I’m not reading it anymore”
“I’m the happiest I’ve ever been”
Passive aggressive towards Louisa
Rude to fans
Kisses blue tickers arses
Tattle isn’t talking about me enough
“Twitter tantrum”
“I’m being bullied, my life is hell”
Twitter/insta/fb fans - “don’t read it jack”
“No I won’t read anymore, enough”
“I’m the happiest ever”

And so on....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Cat_scratches

Moans her hair is falling out.
Shaves off hair.
Puts bleach on hair.
Hmmmmm that makes sense then.
If she's tried everything to stop her hair falling out - lotions, potions, vitamins, grated corned beef, horse spunk etc why the fook is she putting a damaging chemical on it?
Oh yes, because she's full of bs, fancied a new do, but that doesn't fit the narrative of despair. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
I will never understand how Louisa, who's clearly earning the big bucks, could stand by and watch Jack practically beg people for money like that. I'd be beyond mortified.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

sineadf

Yes, non binary and gender non conforming people have always existed. I don't think that people are claiming it is new. But understanding about gender grows and changes, and people develop words to describe their experiences.
If "understanding about gender grows and changes" then how have we got even *more* reductive and narrow, not less? Questioning and tearing down restrictive gender roles and behaviours was a major part of the women's movements of the 20th century and instrumental in the fight for our rights. So how in 2020 can a woman not have short hair without having to label it as something that is *not feminine*? Did we not already do that bit when women bobbed their hair in the 1920s or stopped wearing uncomfortable corsets in the 60s?

Of course every generation of young people thinks they invented everything, it's the nature of it. But there is nothing progressive about shouting "LOOK AT ME my head is shaved and everyone else is boring and binary and accepting of gender stereotypes, and you must now, on my say so, use grammatically absurd pronouns to describe me or I will have a tantrum". It's dickhead, narcissistic behaviour that has no concern for advancing the rights of any class of people, but is only concerned with one's special unique self. That's what makes it insufferable.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

Monochrome Muse

@Flumps I found Tattle through recently starting to follow JM and doing a bit of research. In the couple of weeks that I read her Twitter account I recognised a lot of traits that are similar to mine when I'm on a manic rise and almost dropped her a line to see if I could help in any way. Something in the tone of her replies to others held me back to think about it - I knew that if she slapped me back the way she does them it would sting and hurt me and set me back quite a way so I held off. For someone who claims to be so hurt and wounded by what she reads about herself she sure doesn't give any shits about hurting any of her clan with her snippy nasty responses to them. As far as I'm concerned she's so transparent, if you hold her up to the light you can see straight through her and she can fuck right off. You may be able to manipulate the sort of person that looks up to you JM but I've dealt with worse than you and survived. Come at us with something specific, go on, quote a fucking post from here that is tantamount to harassment of you, your family, your colleagues, your brand or whatever else shit you can come up with.....
There's nothing deleted here, nothing to hide - apart from maybe this post in about 3 minutes!
Your words and actions have consequences just as much as anyone else's and right now I'm really pissed off that you're lying because I despise lies and liars.
I apologise to anyone who feels this is inappropriate, delete if necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Mel Donte

Chatty Member
A very early thread title suggestion: Discovered the secret to Big Mac sauce (she's telling Whoppers again, of course)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40