Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that you're prepped for the phobics - I am also one 🔺️ and remember having to lie on the floor for vaccinations at school. Not fun when they did it in front of the queue of other students waiting for their BCG!
I fainted off a lab stool before my tester for my BCG. It was a very painful way to learn about my phobia.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Did you know that Almonds, avocados, kiwi, butternut squash, figs and melon are not vegan?

Maybe it’s the melon .
All of those are vegan; most of the arguments against these fruit are from anti-vegans who just want to "gotcha!" us.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When you're getting booked in, please consider letting them know that you may faint. We have couches/reclining chairs as well as normal chairs, and it's much safer to know beforehand and do the vaccination with you already reclined. Also second the EMLA cream suggestion!
OT - thank you for this advice! Mr WT is needle/blood phobic and faints over at the sight of either. ❤

Back on topic - she’s still a tool.

Reactions: 23
Good morning! I have my jab next week, I want to get all dressed up for it, biggest occasion I've had all year!
Have you tried EMLA cream? Makes it numb
[/QUOTE]

I went full make up too! Even did my roots. Don’t worry about pain, I hadn’t realised it had been done. And I HATE Injections.

Reactions: 21
She got another new Patreon within the ten minutes preceding Saturday, 13 February 2021 18:40:03.239 (copied and pasted from an epoch converter and appreciate that like her height, this has the seconds to 3 decimal places)

Floods of pay pigs never happened so will have to wait with baited breath for the failed payment / cancellation churn come the first of March 😊

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
She got another new Patreon within the ten minutes preceding Saturday, 13 February 2021 18:40:03.239 (copied and pasted from an epoch converter and appreciate that like her height, this has the seconds to 3 decimal places)

Floods of pay pigs thankfully never happened so will have to wait with baited breath for the failed payment / cancellation churn come the first of March 😊

• Wow
Reactions: 23
looked on her website because I hate myself to check the Dutch babies and this popped up in the ads! it looks just right to plonk a pile of old envelopes on, doesn't it?

Screenshot_20210214-095630_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Unscrewing the lightbulbs is like rinsing the hoops, performative, pointless and potentially counterproductive. You shouldn’t touch lightbulbs too much, or at all with your naked hand if they’re halogens. The oils on your hands can cause hotspots which can make them blow quicker than they normally would. Also while there is a market for second hand bulbs it’s mostly confined to vintage bulbs which people collect, no one wants a second hand bog standard energy saver of 40watt. In a previous job I was in charge of buying and replace bulbs (or technically lamps, bulbs is the lay term), on a large scale. Bulbs, completed it mate.

With the drinking formula, again I think it’s tiny grain of truth time. I can’t be the only person who’s run out of milk and tried subbing formula in my tea. It’s not something you try more than once, dare I say it’s fouler than peach curry but I bet that’s what she did, and has spun it out to drinking former out of desperation.

Also, re the food bank when she could have asked her family for help. Food banks are not finite resources you can use because you’re too embarrassed to admit to your parents you’re financially incompetent. They’re for people who are at the end of the road and have no where else to turn.

And finally, (I’m on a roll here, procrastinating rather than writing an essay) loving the Nadya love. She always comes across as warm, funny and genuine. When she talked about her anxiety it wasn’t “me me me”, it was her saying it’s okay to admit you’re not okay, rather than “you can never challenge or criticise me because I’m so so smol and fragile”.
Bloody love all of this. Especially as you're the only person I've known other than my Dad to call bulbs, lamps

Reactions: 22
All the foods you've listed are vegan. The vegan society has recipes with all these foods on their website. if you aren't sure about what vegan means, I encourage you to check out. https://www.vegansociety.com/go-vegan/definition-veganism

It's a great resource.
My daughters won’t eat figs any more because of something on TikTok about wasps? They are strict vegetarians (no gelatin etc, obviously no fish) but this seems bonkers to me. I haven’t told them this but it’s a shame as figs are quite locally and have low food miles. Is not eating figs a real vegan thing?

Reactions: 22
This for me cements that NotJack is Jack. No one else would bung a tin of kidney beans in this. Plus this account always uses a different backdrop. I reckon she did create the account to big herself up on LM, was found out and now is keeping up the pretence as we’re all watching 😅 View attachment 435055
Grunking away so not sure if this has been said, but I thought this looked familar and it clicked for me this morning.

Edit: Late to the party again! Still, used without permission... and NotJack has edited the pic to make the quality worse, I note.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Grunking away so not sure if this has been said, but I thought this looked familar and it clicked for me this morning.

i might make that, just for me mind, I love feta - maybe I am also a Greek-Cypriot smol pixie

• Haha
Reactions: 20
😂 I don’t think I am. I worked in the lighting industry for years, if you said bulb instead of lamp you’d lose all credibility. I generally say bulb now unless I’m talking to my husband, who’s still in the industry, otherwise it just confuses people.

That dried sneaky greens is useless and frankly weird. No, a spoonful is not equal to a bag of salad. I don’t pretend to understand the science behind it but I know dehydrated, powdered fruit and vegetables isn’t equal to actually eating the stuff as nature intended. I know this from watching a video about Juice Plus, a dreadful MLM which sells capsules of powered fruit and vegetables. Apparently the Juice Plus capsules contain less good stuff than a bog standard multi vitamin.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The fridge thing and sb. My very own sb’s and now my grandsons do exactly the same thing. It’s what they do, come home from school drop coat and bag and stare into fridge. Just in case you’ve added stuff. In Jackworld even the most normal child/teen behaviour means something she can string a story to.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.