Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@waffle maker I’ve lost half the quote section!

Luckily my husband is a vegetarian and a great cook- he made that chic pea and peach thing and it was fine- he added more curry and fresh herbs, and cooked it for less time.

edit- here it is, I put it on tattle when he made it last. View attachment 432250
That looks so much nicer than anything she’s posted. But it was in the hands of a good cook and he made several changes! I think this partnership was a deal she negotiated when Mel Donte ‘stole’ this recipe from her.
[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I’ve made the peach curry a few times as well and really enjoyed it. However, I did swap the cumin for curry powder and added ginger, mango powder, turmeric and coriander. Was super bland otherwise.

Reactions: 20
[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I’ve made the peach curry a few times as well and really enjoyed it. However, I did swap the cumin for curry powder and added ginger, mango powder, turmeric and coriander. Was super bland otherwise.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah just swap anything and use anything and if it’s a bit dry add some bubble bath

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Totally Off Topic but how do you change your username?

On Topic... Scottish Jack makes my teeth itch. Grunking from this afternoon but if she mentions The Bridge by Ian Banks I'll cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think there would be an angry mob of us Scotties if she breached the border again!
Yes!
It says a lot that just a brief mention of Edinburgh from her brought on an en mass “OH GOD, NO... NO, DO NOT COME BACK HERE!” from our Scottish crew.

Totally Off Topic but how do you change your username?

On Topic... Scottish Jack makes my teeth itch. Grunking from this afternoon but if she mentions The Bridge by Ian Banks I'll cry.
The same thought crossed my mind too x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
ETF is it? Pieces of chocolate in something unspeakable? Yeh don’t have to share everything you concoct, Jacqulina- keep it to yourself ffs. 🤮

WTF is it? Pieces of chocolate in something unspeakable? Yeh don’t have to share everything you concoct, Jacqulina- keep it to yourself ffs. 🤮
Edited - spelling error 🙄

Yes!
It says a lot that just a brief mention of Edinburgh from her brought on an en mass “OH GOD, NO... NO, DO NOT COME BACK HERE!” from our Scottish crew.

One of the best books ever written - the guy was a genius

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh and another thing (apologies if we've moved on here) I've done some work with the NHS as a nutrition monkey because my sidehustle is PT; in more or less every scenario our advice is to not mix everything together.

If you're trying to lose weight and love cheese and bacon, separate those over two meals rather than having a cheesy bacon something, you'll enjoy it more.

If you're on a very tight budget make sure you have a base and then additional flavour with veg/greens, so you've got a protein/carb that can come from a tin or a packet or ideally a bulk bag/food bank trip.
It's about jazzing up and adding nutritional value to one or two bases, not wasting your tins etc by dumping it all into one meal.

She knows sweet FA about nutrition from any angle and things like rinsed hoops with other tins makes me wonder how poor she really was, I don't know anyone who'd "waste" items that way and I've worked with a lot of people!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Yes!

WHEN WILL STURGEON CLOSE OUR BORDERS ETC ETC????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Haven't fully grunka'd so apologies if this has been pointed out already but she's posted a recipe on Instagram for her spaghetti hoop pasta e ceci. If your eyes haven't rolled out of your head already just from that combination of words, she proudly points out that it's vegan too!

Except of course, it isn't http://www.veganwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Heinz_Spaghetti_Hoops

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.