Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit late but baked beans on buttered toast with cheese on top to melt and hot sauce is perfect quick comfort food for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Yeah! I've only been here since the FSM debacle but I've noticed the numbers swelling.
We just need Josh Layton from Metro mag or any half-decent journalist to do a little
light digging on jack and we'll be exonerated!
I don’t think that’ll happened any time soon. As someone said on an earlier thread there’s the “kicking the puppy” thing. She’s a poor, disabled, lesbian single mother who just wants to help other poor people feed their families. Not many journalists, or anyone in the public eye, want to risk the potential backlash from calling her out. Also, ultimately she’s just not really high profile enough. Plenty of bloggers/vloggers lie and behave like gits, if they didn’t Tattle wouldn’t get much traffic. Possibly it’s one of Jack’s biggest ironies, if she was as high profile and well known as she’d like to be she wouldn’t last because people would start poking into her past and blowing apart her claims. By being at best semi well known she gets away with creating her own reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
There isn't even any effing bread in the original recipe - and no suggestion of where it should go in, in the method. Oh for the love of God. Make all this nonsense stop. I'm tempted to write my own budget recipe book, really am.
She does mention she’s basically used an Italian recipe for bread in soup and decided, inexplicably, to substitute stuffing mix so I suppose that’s the bread connection.

wiki informs me the original Italian name translates to “tomato mush”... so I’m surprised Jack didn’t keep that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
There isn't even any effing bread in the original recipe - and no suggestion of where it should go in, in the method. Oh for the love of God. Make all this nonsense stop. I'm tempted to write my own budget recipe book, really am.
Do it!!! You could call it:

“Tattle yer Tastebuds - Recipes from the Cabal”

^^it’s got bestseller written all over it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This one befuddles me particularly because it all sounds fine, hardly groundbreaking and a bit bland but you know, edible... until she shoves stuffing in it. And I can’t understand for the life of me why she would, other than her being Jack obviously.
Cos she’s a prune

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah! I've only been here since the FSM debacle but I've noticed the numbers swelling.
We just need Josh Layton from Metro mag or any half-decent journalist to do a little
We’ve been hoping this since the early threads, but sadly nothing has come of it as of yet. Unfortunately, Jack is the ‘face of poverty’ for the middle-class British press; most of whom have no idea how poorer people really shop, cook and eat. They only know of Jack’s poverty cos playing and wrongly assume that poorer people would want to make and eat the types of recipes she suggests. It’s astounding to me how she gets away with it all and the constant chaoses, injuries and misfortunes she compulsively lies about seems to suffer also go unnoticed and unquestioned.
It’s heartening to see that more and more people are now questioning her narrative, calling out her bullshit and also challenging her disgusting recipes. Now, absolutely get to duck etc etc!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
The Scottish journalist are having a poke

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In what universe is dried stuffing mix and tomato soup an acceptable food combination? All the lying and grifting is bad, but claiming to be cook but only ever producing abominable combinations of processed food is the prune on top of the rinsed spaghetti hoop and vegan meatball curry.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Whenever I see someone say “Peaches? In a curry?!” I say it in my head like “Fire? At a Sea Parks?!” IT Crowd - the show that never stops giving.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Whenever I see someone say “Peaches? In a curry?!” I say it in my head like “Fire? At a Sea Parks?!” IT Crowd - the show that never stops giving.
For me it’s the old chief’s ‘traaaazers, on a bird’ in Michael Caine’s voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
When a squiggle asks her something like “I don’t have egg for my egg sandwich, but I do have some raisins, a bit of twine and some pickled beetroot, will this work?”
I wish she would be like “no it bleeping wouldn’t you maniac” but she’s always like “yes, all ingredients are the same it will be totally fine💘

To me it demonstrates the complete lack of skill, knowledge and respect she has for food and cooking in general.

What would be so wrong about her saying “no that wouldn’t work, but here are some great alternatives” It’s really lazy, gross and surely wasteful because I can’t see many of these “meals” actually being eaten. Must be absolutely disgusting!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I can't for the life of me understand why she needed to hide them away in the dining room, regardless of the container. Stick em in the bathroom cabinet, that's where she would use them, surely.

They are not something that needs hiding, her previous live in partners have all been women, so will know what they are. I have never met a grown man to be embarrassed by finding tampons in a woman's home either. They can be explained to her son, as part of educating him about women's bodies. They are not something to be ashamed of so I'm stumped at her thinking.

The only thing I can think of is that she goes into the dining room to insert her tampons. The pink, soft, soft curtains might make her unruly labia look their best. It's the only explanation I can come up with.
On a total grunk as per but i just have to pop up to say that THIS - the concept of poor @MancBee -who has been through so much for the fraus (Stuffing soup anyone?) - wracking his brains over Jackie's tampon (mis)use is the single funniest thing i've encountered on these threads (and i've been here since July!). I am HOOTING, in jack parlance x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I googled pangrattato al pomodoro for a laugh and she has an up to date Tumblr going all the way back to 2015!

MxJackmonroe, 'the queer one that writes that cheap recipe blog. cook. author. activist. parent. journalist. new round here' (New? It's 2021, Jack, you need to edit your bio!)

I'm impressed - she's on every single platform; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Mumznet, wow, that takes a tremendous amount of work. When does she manage to do her day job - properly, I mean. :- D All she needs is TikTok now!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Is she hitching her wagon to serial lunatic Emma Kenny now? She must be hard up, EK has exposed herself as a complete idiot during the Covid crisis.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She does mention she’s basically used an Italian recipe for bread in soup and decided, inexplicably, to substitute stuffing mix so I suppose that’s the bread connection.

wiki informs me the original Italian name translates to “tomato mush”... so I’m surprised Jack didn’t keep that.
:m

"If you don't have tomatoes you can substitute for anything else with pips"

Great! So, 'end of telephone call in a public phone box mush' it is, then!

Do it!!! You could call it:

“Tattle yer Tastebuds - Recipes from the Cabal”

^^it’s got bestseller written all over it!
Oho. Ohohoho. I might do it the Jack way. Sit on my arse, tweeting for 56 hours a day, then ask all my followers to do the work for me - followed by a performative hour in the kitchen mass testing 3462 recipes all at once - which naturally, will all be perfect first time and need no tweaking.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

We need someone in this thread who speaks Italian. I tried to translate sloppy pasta, but only came up with 'pasta trascurato' - neglected pasta - which does sound like something you'd get from Zizzi's.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.