Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes i’m just minding my own business and I think “Founder of the thunderclap” and have a sinking feeling of embarrassment for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 100
Ahhh someone needs to explain this is the newbies!
About a month ago when people wanted to start clapping for the NHS at 8pm on Thursdays again, Jack started a hashtag on twitter something like #Thunderclapforcarers. It was to campaign for pay rises from frontline workers, and send tweets and emails to you MP at 8pm on Thursday instead. The hashtag was very clunky and she kept having to explain it, and campaigning for pay rises in lieu of clapping wasn't even her idea in the the first place. The only thing she created was the actual hashtag. Nevertheless, she thought it was SO important that she changed her twitter bio to Founder of #thunderclap(whateveritwas). She promptly forgot about it the next week when free school meals were the news story of the day. It's barely been mentioned since.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
My sister in law has MS (forgive me for not knowing the exact terminology, but it’s not the primary progressive sort), and I know she takes tepid showers every morning, even in the winter, on her consultant’s advice, and it seems to really help with her mobility. We were talking on the phone today, and I asked her if she’s ever been told to take ice baths/cold showers. She said that her consultant stressed to her that she should not do this, because although it might calm inflammation initially, it sends the body into shock, and the inflammation comes back tenfold. Not sure if this is just with MS patients, but it seems to make sense to me? A bit like how it’s best to have a tepid bath/shower to lower your temperature, rather than a cold one, which makes you shiver yourself into actually raising it? Maybe there’s someone medically qualified here who can confirm? Apologies if they already have, I’ve not read back very far.

also...is this her being ‘quiet for a few days’? duck me.
Bit late to the party but yup, my consultant and the pain team nurses both warned against very cold or very hot extremes. Same reasons, it upsets the body balance and can cause a huge flare for very little benefit.

Put an end to my bare foot snow running career 😉🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 31
About a month ago when people wanted to start clapping for the NHS at 8pm on Thursdays again, Jack started a hashtag on twitter something like #Thunderclapforcarers. It was to campaign for pay rises from frontline workers, and send tweets and emails to you MP at 8pm on Thursday instead. The hashtag was very clunky and she kept having to explain it, and campaigning for pay rises in lieu of clapping wasn't even her idea in the the first place. The only thing she created was the actual hashtag. Nevertheless, she thought it was SO important that she changed her twitter bio to Founder of #thunderclap(whateveritwas). She promptly forgot about it the next week when free school meals were the news story of the day. It's barely been mentioned since.
Oh that's so thirsty for attention!

Classic Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I read this recipe and she says to use honey or a vegan alternative. What's a vegan alternative to honey? Molasses?

ETA I forgot about google🤦‍♀️ apparently molasses or syrup (maple, apple etc) can be substituted for honey
I was donated some maple syrup from a vegan as I was told they don’t eat it 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Bit late to the party but yup, my consultant and the pain team nurses both warned against very cold or very hot extremes. Same reasons, it upsets the body balance and can cause a huge flare for very little benefit.

Put an end to my bare foot snow running career 😉🙄
I was skeptical when mine recommended silk socks, but honestly made a big difference. They help regulate my feet's temp, so they never become too hot or cold. I absolutely hate wearing them some days, I'm a bare foot hippy at heart, but it's worth it. I think any one who actually has arthritis, regardless of which type, would be first to tell you how we don't do anything that can risk a flare up, because we actually know how bloody painful that is!!! (and popping pain pills isn't a long term solution!)

I was donated some maple syrup from a vegan as I was told they don’t eat it
Some have animal by products in them or the company themselves are involved with animal by products.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She really thought she did something with that, for all of....a day
I genuinely think about this every Thursday. For some reason, it boils my piss more than (almost) anything else she's ever done.

Just. The fanfare about it. The changing her bio to include #Founder. The making such a huge deal about it. Then forgetting to do it.

It's infuriating. It's entitled. It's arrogant. I can't get over it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Sometimes i’m just minding my own business and I think “Founder of the thunderclap” and have a sinking feeling of embarrassment for her.
I missed it this evening, was washing my hands 😝

Really though, been having a zoom chat with some friends, one of them said something funny and I caught myself ALMOST saying “what?! have you been smoking Parma Violets?!!”. I think this means you’re an influencer now @Duckypoo , it’s one of those amazingly bonkers stories I can’t stop thinking about!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don’t want to give her ideas, but...
‘Bring back The Thunderclap’ Thursday will most likely be a future sequel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Would love to know what she thinks shes going to do if she does find out who we really are. 1 she can't sue me because I'm genuinely poor and ain't got duck all, 2 now duck OFF 🤷‍♀️
Seriously though what are we guilty of?
Having an opinion or being a critical thinker last time i checked that was still allowed?
I'm a bit freaked out by the threats issued to tattlers?
Why is that considered ok or justified by her and other media influencers?
Its all a bit eric (convicted sex offender) joyce again?
Getting info on people, tracing IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) ,
issuing veiled threats?
Which probably they won't carry out but its the obsessiveness of it that is disturbing?
These are frankly unhinged deluded people who live in a state of being perpetually offended?
Their rage is exhausting and easily triggered imo people on this forum have valid points to make.
Most of the posts i read are intelligent and well thought out and actually a lot of us just got sick (one way or another) of being lied to or have people try to hoodwink us? some posts are also written from a sense of empathy by people having been exposed to predators and seeing and feeling the damage that does?
Lots of us have chronic pain and sickness and disability (you know genuine diagnosed ones not just chronic hypochondria) or are full time carer's or nurse's or teachers and teaching assistants who work with kids with special needs (a lifesaver for me the help my son gets is giving him a chance at a life not just survival).
Mothers and fathers and someone's son or daughter or civil servants or writers or chefs accountants or artists or unemployed or students (and basically everyone and everything too many different occupations or vocations to list?)

An open community that anyone can join and be a part of as long as they are civil.
There is laughter and heartfelt messages of support there is access to information and threads open for advice and solace and protection and help and also for fun (sorry i'm making tattle life sound a little too worthy :D but it is worthwhile and helpful?)
All that should be shut down then or people confronted (presumed guilty) of what?

What is she hoping to find behind the door for goodness sake?
If she picked me for example she would find a grumpy mother of four crammed into a council flat that at the moment is nearly always chaotic and messy.
I'm struggling to get my balance to be honest i'm a bit all over the place, happy sad weepy calm confused frustrated?
My health is a mess i've put on weight i'm easily stressed and anxious i'm hibernating (lockdown feels like the longest winter ever and yet i'm scared to come out of it).
If i saw her (in theory ha) i'd probably just slam the door or tell her to duck off :D.
I'm in a self isolating cocoon and hate being disturbed my nerves are a bit frayed?
Would it really make her feel better to see that or would it be confirmation bias?
Angry anti social trolls that tra la la are not happy to see me?
What does she expect if she has already made up her mind?
Move along monroe nothing to see here?
Isn't she a bit of a curtain twitcher the stereotypical neighbourhood watch lady convinced that every ill in society was out there roaming the streets the hooligans the thugs the trolls?
You know i hate the term trolls it is abusive its convenient (its shorthand for lazy people) that like to stigmatise others?
We are real people (that should not need to be said).
We are not just masses of data or a username.
We live we love we have commitments and jobs and hobbies and we laugh and write our stories and compare notes and help each other and look into things that raise a red flag?

Looking at jack i'm reminded of the phrase

Beware of all those in whom the urge to punish is strong...

Yes Jack why is that ?
What gives you the right to think that you could just turn up unannounced on someone's doorstep and demand answers?
Who the actual duck are you to think you are owed either a livelihood or an explanation?

Edit to add *i added a silly gif because i needed to lighten up a bit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Jesus wept. Very late to the party on this one, but I honestly cannot fathom why she’s chosen to re-post that hideous spaghetti hoop monstrosity. Referring to spaghetti hoops as ‘pasta’ is rather like comparing her peach curry crapfest to an actual, edible curry.

and that lemon drink? Way to remove your tooth enamel...ouchy mouth anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I genuinely think about this every Thursday. For some reason, it boils my piss more than (almost) anything else she's ever done.

Just. The fanfare about it. The changing her bio to include #Founder. The making such a huge deal about it. Then forgetting to do it.

It's infuriating. It's entitled. It's arrogant. I can't get over it.
Its not even that she 'forgot' to do it, she just found a new, more lucrative cause. How do more people not notice it, it's so blatant!

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.