Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The rinsing spaghetti hoops makes zero sense. I know her whole thing was originally cheap food with long shelf lives stuff, and yeah spaghetti hoops in a tin are that, but so is actual spaghetti, it’s not a substitute which makes sense, if you want plain pasta cook plain pasta.
That really bugs me too. I heard Gino D'Acampo on the radio ages ago talking about how to make cheap Italian food and he was talking about how you can make a simple tomato sauce with tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion and a pinch of basil. All stuff that is tinned/long life and cheap, and wow, vegan. (Unless you add a fuckton of cheese like I do). I'm guessing it'd work out cheaper than a tin of chickpeas and heinz hoops too.

I've just realised Jack's abomination looks like something your weird uni housemate would make while stoned and probably leave hanging around the kitchen, stinking the place out.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I've only just clocked that she doesn't rinse the hoops for herself, just for other people. and there's a tin of tomatoes in there anyway! 🤯

makes. no. sense.

View attachment 431316?
What the literal duck is she on about? Why would you do that? FFS. Why? I know I’m on the autism spectrum but surely this is beyond anyone’s comprehension, yes? Why rinse sauce off? Am I getting too upset?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Her feet look like normal, semi-ugly lookin feet. She's probably irritated AF that people think they genuinely look sore and squashed. Probably years of squeezing them into those old Fire service boots 😬. That was them smoothed and blurred too. No foot modelling gigs for you Jack soz
They certainly aren't the sort of feet that would make foot lovers slide into your DMs 🙄.

I can see from looking at the Insta photo, why squigs thought her foot looked sore. The bluish tones make that right foot appear bruised and the veins more noticeable.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is my first post as I've been a serial lurker up until now.

Who'd have thunk that the thing that would bring me out of hiding would be unruly labia! Comment of the week for me 😂
Hellooooo!!!!! Would you believe they are Jack's own words!?? Just....ugh!!!!! I'm glad these words have delurked you . 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 28
While we're on this topic, I've been getting more and more nervous as my daughter approaches the age when she gets her period because my mum dealt with the whole thing horribly and my experience of puberty was filled with guilt and shame which I desperately don't want her to go through! After doing lots of research I found this company that does absorbent resuable period underwear which I think sounds perfect for a young girl who is getitng used to the whole thing, and they even do little period box starter packs (it contains underwear, an information booklet and a little self care kit) which I've ordered and am keeping in a cupboard until the day arrives. I wish stuff like this existed when I was younger!

I've just had a look and doesn't look like they're selling any starter kits at the mo but still thought it was worth sharing!

I bought these for my daughter who recently started 😥 The boy short style are a good design. She leaked slightly with a pair of briefs, but I bought a bunch of different brands so it wasn't them. They do take ages to dry though.
ETA was meant to be hidden, wouldn't normally just chat to folk about her private stuff!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
If you were vegan for two years before, why are you only just doing this? Get to absolute duck.View attachment 430431
Other side of the world troubles, just caught up on the milk. Jack is now a vegan influencer, MATE, NO ONE ‘OFTEN’, FREQUENTLY OR SEMI REGULARLY ASKS ABOUT MILK ALTERNATIVES (especially not now after the LM debacle or when omitted the milk delivery from the £20 shops crying poor). So many blog posts, YouTube videos, Instagram posts etc have been already written on this topic. Love how she’s been ‘trying’ many but just shows Alpro...

Oatly barista or bonsoy (Alpro isn’t widely available here) have been the best for coffee/tea in my opinion, but they are pricey.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That really bugs me too. I heard Gino D'Acampo on the radio ages ago talking about how to make cheap Italian food and he was talking about how you can make a simple tomato sauce with tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion and a pinch of basil. All stuff that is tinned/long life and cheap, and wow, vegan. (Unless you add a fuckton of cheese like I do). I'm guessing it'd work out cheaper than a tin of chickpeas and heinz hoops too.

I've just realised Jack's abomination looks like something your weird uni housemate would make while stoned and probably leave hanging around the kitchen, stinking the place out.
This is what irks with JM, especially the vegan duck up.

I can make you the most delicious tomato sauce, chock full of veggies all blended in, all baked in my slow cooker during the day. Dried or fresh herbs to flavour. It's a base for so many recipes. My slow cooker is 2.5 litres, full of sauce and veggies, less than £3 all in. Meal prep and freeze. Job done.

It's recipes and basic cooking skills like this that people in poverty need helpful ideas with. How to get healthy food in you at minimal cost and fuss. I will never understand people who think a vegan diet is hard work! Anyone going into the lifestyle thinking it's all fake meat subs and quinoa need to knocks their heads together, and it's why most can't hack it, just like Jack couldn't (although, did she even try?! lol).

• Heart
Reactions: 39
"I'm in a cold bath at the moment"! Oh just piss off!!!! You are NOT in a cold bath. Even if you were (you're not) - you take your phone in the bath?! Freakin weirdo
If having a (hot) bath and catching up on tattle are wrong, I don't wanna be right

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Exactly ☝this. My kids are a bit older now but they still want something ‘orange’ on toast now and again. Might be ‘oops (Gene Hunt stylee), baked beans or ravioli. Quick tea, everyone happy and NO rinsing.
Baked beans on toast was my dinner tonight. Yellow sticker bread, bit of cheese 😁 Recipe to follow 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This is what irks with JM, especially the vegan duck up.

I can make you the most delicious tomato sauce, chock full of veggies all blended in, all baked in my slow cooker during the day. Dried or fresh herbs to flavour. It's a base for so many recipes. My slow cooker is 2.5 litres, full of sauce and veggies, less than £3 all in. Meal prep and freeze. Job done.

It's recipes and basic cooking skills like this that people in poverty need helpful ideas with. How to get healthy food in you at minimal cost and fuss. I will never understand people who think a vegan diet is hard work! Anyone going into the lifestyle thinking it's all fake meat subs and quinoa need to knocks their heads together, and it's why most can't hack it, just like Jack couldn't (although, did she even try?! lol).
I've been a vegetarian for most of my adult life, with a couple of lapses into omni. I first went veggie as a student because it was cheaper - proper pasta was a staple!

Reactions: 24
I googled pasta et ceci and the original looks amazing but images too big to share.

I did discover that spaghetti hoops are based on anelli pasta and I ordered a bag from Amazon to try in soup. I've been trying to be healthy lately so have been making batches of a simple veg and tomato soup to snack on instead of crap.

Reactions: 18
I've been a vegetarian for most of my adult life, with a couple of lapses into omni. I first went veggie as a student because it was cheaper - proper pasta was a staple!
I'm a fiend for pasta! It was so upsetting last year during the panic buying!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.