Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hooting at JacksHacks. Kinda hope she's doing them for our benefit. :D

Go on and on about utter bullshit. #JacksClacks

So many pictures so many different faces. #JacksParallax

I'm sure there's a #JacksTax but it probably would be libellous. ;)

OMG, just seen this! :m So cute...but why and when?:confused:
All her recipes jackscacks

• Haha
Reactions: 18
the #jackshacks is a little old place where we can get together

far too late for a thread title I know, but it would've been great!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Judging by the look of her latest creations, her next sponsorship is going to be Pedigree Chum

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I loathed that banana stuff. My mother was convinced I was the only toddler in the universe to refuse all things banana.
Sister in arms here 🙋🏻‍♀️ Probably had to take it three times a year for ear infections. Interestingly, I never had a book deadline at the same time though. What luck!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know someone who has quite saucy boudoir shots of herself dotted around her house for all to see, not for me!
Oh god, I remember in the 90s or so when that was quite popular. So awkward to go round someone's house and see their mum's 'sexy' photos on the wall 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She sounds like exactly the kind of person who wouldn't bother to learn the names of the people 'lower down' than her because they can't do anything for her.

I've met the type before. Gives it the big chit chat when one of the bosses is in the room but doesn't know the name of the person bringing them coffee.
Yes! In the late 80s I was in a tit indie band, and we went to London for a hellish " tour" which involved going to a couple of media type parties. I couldn't understand why the people I spoke to never looked me in the eye, just over my shoulder whilst scanning the room.

I only realised later that they were looking for someone higher up the ladder of "celeb". Scumbagz

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m sure it’s absolutely from a member of the Ojibwa tribe. No appropriation at all.
I’m a bit embarrassed to say I had no idea that dream catchers had any sort of cultural significance. Got one at Disney world Orlando for my mum about a decade ago. I just assumed it was a nice decoration at the time.

Reactions: 17
Can't wait until she starts her OnlyFans, we'll have #JacksRacks and #JacksCracks. Although we all know she'd make an elaborate and ostentatious announcement for it and then never post anything. Much like her Patreon rewards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Yes! In the late 80s I was in a tit indie band, and we went to London for a hellish " tour" which involved going to a couple of media type parties. I couldn't understand why the people I spoke to never looked me in the eye, just over my shoulder whilst scanning the room.

I only realised later that they were looking for someone higher up the ladder of "celeb". Scumbagz
OT but I have had similar experiences, at one media party I was being avoided and frozen out by all but two contacts I knew. Then an unexpected higher up sleb that I knew turned up, with a big “HOTES! Fancy seeing you here WOW how’s it going let’s have a catch up”
Reader, I did not have the last laugh. I then had the same ignoring fuckers trying to schmooze up to me as I was clearly now “someone” as they desperately tried to hustle the (not particularly major) sleb and I had to play nicely.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Yes i agree it also irritates me massively because not only is she creating a false illusion as you say i.e busy busy busy.....but she is being evasive as well.
How many times do you think she actually follows through after the initial request?
I'll bet its hardly ever?
She really does not see the needs of others as a priority does she?
I wonder why people follow her when really all she does is fob them off?
I guess it is never because she is busy but because she does not have any idea what to do. That article in the stylist...very offensive and rubbish. And her saying that being frugal and thrifty (haaaate that word, btw!) is a full time job. Well, then something is not right. Might be better to get a job paid by the hour rather than comparing prices a whole day where you might save a few quid.
Also the shift between being frugal and thrifty or saving herself from being poor or saving the other poor? Make up your mind, don't confuse everyone!
It is a hell of a difference if you are poor or a bit thrifty. The rich generally like being a bit thrifty. Someone said wise words to me once: the rich are generally never ashamed to be poor. That really stuck with me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Babe, same.

I got Napolina as a substitute in my home delivery. I was surprised at the difference in quality. I've always preferred Branston beans though. With somethings you just can tell the difference.
I agree, Napolina chickpeas and butter beans are always bigger and much better texture/quality. I used some M&S tinned butter beans in a chorizo dish I make and they were nowhere near as good, sad looking and mushy texture.

Reactions: 20
On a mini-grunk, so very OT and random: Every single time I test myself if I am generally unfair or prejudiced when JM and her food is concerned but the blind test always works.
I see a horrid food pic (not all the pics are immediately identifyable as her social media stuff) and then I check- always her food.
And then I see something that makes my mouth water instantly:" hm.. got to be fair but this looks yummy, she once cooked something nice!"...and then it is by another chef or a Frau.

Reactions: 23

Oh, I encountered one of those. Was trying to become a music journalist Girl About Town or something. She was assumed to be a dealer or venue owner's girlfriend everywhere she hefted up 'cos she's not gonna be a groupie with her face, is she?'. But because she wasn't, nobody ever gave her more than basic politeness (even when she was being incredibly rude to any female within a ten yard radius). I was evil once, though. She'd utterly blanked me - deliberately - earlier in the tour when I'd said hello, but then I was having a fag break after soundcheck and saw her trying to get let in as 'press'. The bouncer I'd been chatting to previously came over and said 'She says she's (yes, she said this) With The Band and the bass player will vouch for her if I ask him'. Him. HIM.

Last anybody heard of her, she was trying to become a Mummy Wellness Blogger.

Of course, there was also the merch guy who tried to charge me admission after a fag break somewhere in darkest Islington because His Friends In the Band Won't Like It If I Let Random Women In. Eventually, I suggested that he took a look at what I was carrying (bass, kick and a bleeping massive bag of XLRs) and thought about how the gig was going to go ahead without a) the bassist, b) the PA, c) the drumkit and d) the lead bleeping singer as Mr D was bringing up the rear with two guitar cases and the breakables.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.