Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bottom right corner... is that another toaster? A different one to the EB one?
Has she gone from no toasters to multiple toasters?
That looks like a dreamcatcher on the left there. Are we going to add Native American heritage to Jack's list?
why the hell not. My Northern Irish mum šŸ”ŗ did one of those ancestry DNA bobbins and got 0.1% Native American.

PLEASE GOD DO NOT LET ME BE RELATED TO JM.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The label story is the one thing I can believe. If he had his way my 10 year old nephew would label everything that stood still long enough, he loves the label maker to the extent my sister had to hide it.
Doesn't everyone love a label maker? I have a fancy one for work and it's one of the most borrowed things we have. It's just so much fun! In fact I've had to label the label maker to make sure I get it back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Just having a nose at an article with her talking about her beef and black bean creation, that has the tinned mandarins in. She has such a beautiful way of describing her food. That first sentence!

View attachment 424312
This the recipe that the food charity I recently volunteered with told me that they made for Jack's tour she did for tin can cook (the one where they said Jack didn't even bother introducing herself to the team of volunteers cooking her food) and they all described it as similar to dog food. People literally made 'yuck' noises when they were describing it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
She sounds like exactly the kind of person who wouldn't bother to learn the names of the people 'lower down' than her because they can't do anything for her.

I've met the type before. Gives it the big chit chat when one of the bosses is in the room but doesn't know the name of the person bringing them coffee.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Every time I see a screenshot of her tweets and see the wheelchair emoji it makes my eye rage-twitch, Canā€™t believe she hasnā€™t been called out on that yet šŸ˜©
The sycophantic squiggles are also contributing massively to said rage with the whole ā€œahhh saint jack, iā€™ve never thought of decanting liquid from one bottle into another before you are such a clever kind genius thank you so much for your wisdomā€
duck THE duck OFF

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
isn't the feijoada what she made for marina o'loughlin in the times article that is now the origin story of "crappy bungalow"? I distinctly remember rinsed tinned stewed steak

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Babe, same.

I got Napolina as a substitute in my home delivery. I was surprised at the difference in quality. I've always preferred Branston beans though. With somethings you just can tell the difference.
I buy pretty much all the cheapest stuff but I do prefer Branston Beans and will choose them when feeling flush šŸ˜Ž

Reactions: 18
Reminds me of a NATO exercise when I had to diplomatically suggest to an officer that she actually check the position she'd sent to us to route a convoy through. She was rather affronted but saw the difficulties of taking several large container ships round the western side of the M25.
You had better luck than Mr F (technically Chief Petty Officer F, though he's out now) with his senior officer in the Royal Navy then. They were on duty in the Caribbean (hard life...) and the senior officer came back from the yacht club one evening saying he'd met this nice chap who was having a bit of bother with his yacht which he'd run aground on a reef, so tomorrow they were going to use it as a training exercise and do a controlled explosion to blow up a small part of the reef which would refloat the yacht.

So come the next day Mr F, who was an explosives and weapons expert, duly signed out the appropriate amount of explosives to do the job and hands it over to his senior officer. Senior officer decides to go and sign out more, so they can 'put on a bit of a show'. At this point Mr F washes his hands of the situation, sits back and watches. Senior officer runs his training exercise, all charges are laid in the appropriate places, and the yacht's owner is invited on board to stand on the bridge and watch his beloved yacht being set free. Senior officer proudly counts down to detonation, sets off the charges and....blows the entire yacht to smithereens along with quite a lot of the reef. The compensation bill for that one was fairly large.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
She sounds like exactly the kind of person who wouldn't bother to learn the names of the people 'lower down' than her because they can't do anything for her.

I've met the type before. Gives it the big chit chat when one of the bosses is in the room but doesn't know the name of the person bringing them coffee.
She employs this tactic on her social media too. All grovelling and jaunty bantz when itā€™s a blue-tick, all ā€œcompleted it mateā€ and snippiness when itā€™s just some ordinary person.
(And this is one reason why she canā€™t blame her rudeness on ADHD etc. - because somehow she manages not to be rude to the blue-ticks sheā€™s always sucking up to, despite her ADHD).

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.