Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s retweeted the whole thread again. Shameless. Obvious. Shameless and obvious.
Reading it again ( I know, glutton for punishment) but she said she had to memorise1000 folders of information to pass competency.

1000, really, 1000? Memorised? How big were these files? You don't even need to memorise that amount of information to pass degree level exams. Unless of course those files were just a page or two of information.

I would love for one of you Fraus to be a call handler and call her out on it. Or even better, one of her Jackolites call her out on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Reading it again ( I know, glutton for punishment) but she said she had to memorise1000 folders of information to pass competency.

1000, really, 1000? Memorised? How big were these files? You don't even need to memorise that amount of information to pass degree level exams. Unless of course those files were just a page or two of information.

I would love for one of you Fraus to be a call handler and call her out on it. Or even better, one of her Jackolites call her out on Twitter.
I would love for the fire brigade union to call her out tbh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
It could be Act One of a long drama that will eventually see her struggling into A&E with a burst eardrum. For bonus points, this would lead to months of wailing about how she's not allowed to take a bath until it heals...
I feel like act one will be about a million tweets like "I am clawing at the floor and howling in pain with blood gushing from my ears" followed by the squiggles begging her to go to A&E and her being like "I shan't.... I must meet my deadline....." then the reveal that she was bravely marching on with a perforated eardrum this whole time. "I almost died trying to meet my deadline! I'm not blaming my publishers of course, they just almost killed me."

The landlord stuff makes her sound like she's mad at daddy again.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Last veganuary post is up on Linda M IG - it’s a video, which looks like an in - house effort, in the spot which Jack’s was commissioned for I suspect.
I think they are having to fight the fires (no need for a hose, Jack) that their ill thought through collaboration has started. There seems to be an anti-Linda McCartney campaign going on within the vegan Instagram community.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
she asked that on Instagram like a week ago!
She's, what, a couple of months into her deal with them and so far she's mentioned them in the express as an undeclared ad and now these stupid polls. Great stuff Jack 👍(for the record, that's definitely a pass-agg thumbs up, sowwy if i hurt your feewings because of your neuroatypical sensitivity). head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Totally not about Jack, because someone else deserves some attention instead! I noticed this in a magazine from the library today. It sounds like a much better version of Jack's book about food for bad days. Might be actually helpful for some of you horrible lot who don't want slop when you're down
IMG_20210201_182418.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She's not mad at daddy, she's jealous of daddy and his multiple properties and his MBE from this "once-great country" which can't seem to recognise her maverick genius and all the work she does so selflessly for others.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Her engagement on Instagram is very poor, which isn’t good for companies as that’s where they want engagement, it’s all twitter for her.

Reactions: 35
I feel like act one will be about a million tweets like "I am clawing at the floor and howling in pain with blood gushing from my ears" followed by the squiggles begging her to go to A&E and her being like "I shan't.... I must meet my deadline....." then the reveal that she was bravely marching on with a perforated eardrum this whole time. "I almost died trying to meet my deadline! I'm not blaming my publishers of course, they just almost killed me."

We-elll, we‘re in the middle of a will she move/won’t she move chaos atm aren’t we? How will she AFFORDa big enough, cheap enough, doggo friendly Manor House? Soulfully mentioning poor Jazz hasn’t successfully tugged at Daddy’s heartstrings enough for a portfolio of her own, obvs, and unless she gets another 20m deluded Patreons then.....

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Totally not about Jack, because someone else deserves some attention instead! I noticed this in a magazine from the library today. It sounds like a much better version of Jack's book about food for bad days. Might be actually helpful for some of you horrible lot who don't want slop when you're down
View attachment 413127
I’m sold. Bread and butter pudding is my absolute FAVE.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Again another issue that isn’t easily resolved. There’s no such thing as THE NHS. It’s thousands of trusts all lumped together that has been using private companies to aid it for years even before conservatives.

It’s absolutely underfunded and there’s so much red tape. There are many admin systems that need to be made more efficient. There’s just no time and money to do so. I have two friends who work as ICU nurses and covid has just added an immense amount of strain on something that was rickety to begin with. I’m not going to pretend that I’m intelligent enough to find answers, like most issues I end up just getting to the point of feeling upset because it feels too unlikely to change.

(btw I realise that this could come across as me being chippy towards you but that wasn’t my intention at all - just to point out that Jack keeps jumping on these issues that aren’t a simple yes do x and then everything will be sunshine, unicorns and cotswold sideboards)
Doesn't come across as chippy at all, every day is an opportunity to learn something new!.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Wouldn't the fact that all these MP's who own multiple properties mean they are disproportionately affected by the cladding issue? They will be expected to pay for reclading each and every property they own. (Not that I feel sorry for them or anything, just pointing out the absurdity of her argument)

Is she suggesting that the government should pay for the reclading of these properties? Or is she is expecting the developers to pay? Because they would just dissolve the company. Or is she is expecting the freeholder to pay? They are often overseas owners, so good luck with that. If others do end up paying, these buy to let landlord MP's get let off the hook.

There should be help for owner occupiers without doubt, but many people used their money to buy retal properties as a pension income. It is not as easy as owner occupiers good, landlords bad.

Also it is not only Conservative MP's that are landlords and property developers either.

I was a Building Surveyor, spent many years studying to become qualified (not just a couple of weeks induction being given 1000 folders to memorise), and believe me, she hasn't got a clue. It is a complex issue, both in construction and legally, one that she couldn't ever understand. I could write for hours on the matter, but you'd be bored to tears.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Christ her twitter timeline is a bleeping MESS. Fresh from whipping us all up into a blind fury about MPs profiting off the misery of millions, she's now perkily posting an emoji-ridden #AD for Del Monte. I mean, WTF?
I’m interested to see Jack posting this on her Twitter timeline.

From what I have seen, she tends to keep her corporate collabs for Instagram and doesn’t give them much air time on Twitter - remember how the Hellman’s series barely got a mention on Twitter yet it could have used all the promotion it could get, given that there were about 200 viewers per live show, and 85% of those were Tattlers?

Posting about these partnerships on Twitter more often would surely up engagement on the campaigns massively from her mindless Cult of Jack followers, but I think she knows that taking big corporate dollar from conglomerates with questionable ethics is clearly at odds with the howling left wing social justice warrior persona she has crafted for the Twitter audience. Her Twitter followers, if they have any critical thinking skills at all, might start to think things don’t add up.

The fact she is introducing the Del Monte collab to her Twitter timeline now reeks of desperation to me and is a direct result of the Linda McCartney trash fire she’s just walked away from.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Not the ones she gave the bottle of warm piss wine to on the Sunday morning of Glastonbury though surely? They must love her
My brother in law is a fireman 🔺️... would rather die than vote Tory or UKIP and had never heard of her. When I told him about her, he said "well she sounds like a bleep".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Last veganuary post is up on Linda M IG - it’s a video, which looks like an in - house effort, in the spot which Jack’s was commissioned for I suspect.
Great comment underneath it from our favourite viggle:

FC6D94A8-D412-469B-8BF3-9534EF89F04D.jpeg

I’m sorry for this shameless schadenfreude but I’m really pleased that Jack wasted a whole day that she could have been writing her crappy book to film the Linda Mc horse-testicle-on-mush recipe that they can’t even use because the vegans dislike her so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Great comment underneath it from our favourite viggle:

View attachment 413153

I’m sorry for this shameless schadenfreude but I’m really pleased that Jack wasted a whole day that she could have been writing her crappy book to film the Linda Mc horse-testicle-on-mush recipe that they can’t even use because the vegans dislike her so much.

I wish this thorough vegan had been there in the Hellman’s era, could you imagine having to turn up to your Insta live weekly knowing you’re gonna get a thoroughly researched & well referenced takedown appear on brand socials the next day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.