Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes I look in Jack's likes and my brain just explodes from the, uh, ~cognitive dissonance~ (sorry for Vonny phrasing). I mean, really?

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 09.21.46.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Earache? That a bit dull isn't it. I'm kinda disappointed tbh.
It could be Act One of a long drama that will eventually see her struggling into A&E with a burst eardrum. For bonus points, this would lead to months of wailing about how she's not allowed to take a bath until it heals...

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Reading her steaming cold take on Grenfell reminded me of Lord Heseltine describe someone as looking 'the way the crowd is running then dashes in front to look like they started it'. Who was he referring to?

Boris Johnson.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Great idea, Jack, rope your dad in to a C4 documentary about landlordism, would definitely watch.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 09.33.25.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
But the Express were BOUGHT BY TRINITY MIRROR. And her GRANDAD'S DEAD. Show some respect please.
It's so hilarious that her twitter bio still reads 'bylines in surprising places' as though this doesn't refer to the 'right wing shitbags' referred to in the tweet she's faving. I'm assuming it's about Kier Starmer writing for the Mail, difference being he's a politician and not doing it purely for the dollar like Jack is. I mean, it's not like he's just filling in space while Carole Malone's AWAY.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Last veganuary post is up on Linda M IG - it’s a video, which looks like an in - house effort, in the spot which Jack’s was commissioned for I suspect.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
It could be Act One of a long drama that will eventually see her struggling into A&E with a burst eardrum. For bonus points, this would lead to months of wailing about how she's not allowed to take a bath until it heals...
In her case more likely a burst adenoid

• Haha
Reactions: 24
NHS Jack...yes I agree it's underfunded. There are those however, that choose to attend A+E for shimmery eyes and completely waste resources.

JM sending investigative journalists looking elsewhere... During a period where the backstory/competence and general failure to deliver on paid contracts is under the spotlight.
Again another issue that isn’t easily resolved. There’s no such thing as THE NHS. It’s thousands of trusts all lumped together that has been using private companies to aid it for years even before conservatives.

It’s absolutely underfunded and there’s so much red tape. There are many admin systems that need to be made more efficient. There’s just no time and money to do so. I have two friends who work as ICU nurses and covid has just added an immense amount of strain on something that was rickety to begin with. I’m not going to pretend that I’m intelligent enough to find answers, like most issues I end up just getting to the point of feeling upset because it feels too unlikely to change.

(btw I realise that this could come across as me being chippy towards you but that wasn’t my intention at all - just to point out that Jack keeps jumping on these issues that aren’t a simple yes do x and then everything will be sunshine, unicorns and cotswold sideboards)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.