Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clusters of wiry chin hair over here 🙋🏻‍♀️ they drive me mad but I love plucking them out. I’m mid-40’s and have had these buggers for over a decade now. It might be because I’m dark featured (dad was Spanish) or age or both.

Just realised this is nowt to do with Jack, soz 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
From the article "I was brought up in the Baptist Church", was that in addition to being "brought up in the Fire Service"?

Her mum was a nurse, was Jack bought up in the NHS too?
Medical round the edges that aren’t military?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
anyway, anyone else find they're not plucking chin hairs as much cos of masks? like, I finger them constantly and keep them for a big plucking session at the weekend for a treat cos real people aren't gonna see them.

I remember being 24/25 and getting like one and all the older women saying it'll only get worse and laughing. smh, they were right 😫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
“I wouldn’t describe myself as religious”.

Apart from when you write down “church for private prayer” on your lockdown planner, and preach at Christian gatherings. Rightio.
I may be mistaken but I could swear she mentioned not too long ago that she'd been a Sunday school teacher!?!? Am I imagining this. 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
What’s keratin spray? I’m hoping it is the secret ingredient
tressemé keratin smooth heat protection stuff. only thing that keeps my SEVERELY bleached hair looking alive.

I'm sure jack could stew chickpeas low and slow in it if she put her mind to it 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm 32 soon and have yet to grow a chin hair (smug) however I have developed snow white hairs on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows, blaming that on homeschooling for what will be a year next month. A YEAR. Back on topic, what do we reckon the Del Monte recipe is gonna be. Mandarin curry? Blend a tin of Del Monte mandarins to make orange juice (this 'recipe' actually exists in TCC)?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
I'm 32 soon and have yet to grow a chin hair (smug) however I have developed snow white hairs on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows, blaming that on homeschooling for what will be a year next month. A YEAR. Back on topic, what do we reckon the Del Monte recipe is gonna be. Mandarin curry? Blend a tin of Del Monte mandarins to make orange juice (this 'recipe' actually exists in TCC)?
She has a version of feijoada that uses tinned mandarins as a replacement for the oranges that, er, are not used in the traditional recipe.

(Sliced fresh oranges can be served on the side, which is not the same thing at all as dumping a tin of mandarins into a pork and bean stew #JackVsBrazil)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
No, you're not imagining it.

View attachment 415836
As an editor 🔺 I would have my red pen all over this tweet. Repetition of 'my god'/'my God' (purposeful, but lacking the punchy effect you think it has.) Overuse of alliteration weakens the point you're trying to make, as it is generally used in comedic writings, not serious journalist points. Would suggest reworking a bit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Readers, I feel honour bound to tell you that I have just found a recipe in Veganish which includes tinned prunes. In a SOUP.

I also saw a picture of a smoky vegan cheese sauce from way back on her Instagram that she said she had been perfecting and had eaten 2.5 batches in a week and the picture was a monumental tease. I rushed to see what was the elusive method and flavours that she worked so hard to find. It’s a roux with shop bought smoked vegan cheese slices.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I am old enough to be your mum, and have never had a chin hair, but do have white hair in my eyebrows.
prunes on toast with marmite

• Haha
Reactions: 18
hooefully she does something not completely tit as Ifeel sorry for her followers when they replicate the slop.

mandarin tarte Tatin could be alright
Sugar and butter and some mandarin juice to make a caramel
Place the mandarins nicely (don’t just bung)
Pre-bought puff pastry.

I might actually make this at the weekend to see if it works.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
oooh ooh Jack you should invent a hashtag and start your own movement called thun.... ahh ok nevermind 💪

Give it a month and with that tweet being her sole interaction, she will be furiously tweeting about how she's "working with" them behind the scenes

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.