Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know many vegans are extremely passionate,(many of my close family members are vegan šŸ”ŗ) but yeah iā€™m starting to feel like turbo viggle is going on a bit now imo.
I can totally appreciate the way Lindaā€™s crew have handled it has been pretty tit, but sheā€™s in danger of it looking like she has a personal vendetta against jack or is a crossover and itā€™s making my spidey senses tingle a bit tbh!

ETA, I hope that didnā€™t come across as mean toward turbo viggle, Iā€™m not very good at articulating myself sometimes (must be my ADHD lol)... itā€™s just the way sheā€™s not letting it go (I can totally sympathise with the cause, just not sure anything productive is going to come of this approach is what i think i mean)
You don't come across as mean, I can totally understand where you're coming from! I sympathise with turbo-viggle's frustration and anger at the Linda gang - it's annoying when a company ignores their audience and refuses to acknowledge an issue like this - but I think it does come across as a bit OTT to anyone who isn't aware of the controversy. Anyone who's getting the word out about Jack's flakiness is a good egg though, especially someone with a large following šŸ‘€ šŸ‘€

• Heart
Reactions: 30
i agree with you. i donā€™t use social media anymore which makes it easier but my daughter likes me to get her permission before i even send a picture on whatsapp to family and iā€™m proud of her for that! especially because sheā€™s pretty young.

the things jack posts about SB are humiliating.
Agree, think I'd be proud too if and when ours shows a similar level of independence. Didn't have social media myself for many years but have recently done the old cliched thing of opening a FB account for work - have never actually posted an image of myself on it though. Scenery, dog and bike maybe but try to avoid the whole 'online persona' aspect of it - I'd hate to be a youngster now, these days. We all know that the level of expectation placed upon youngsters based upon unattainable, doctored or altered images is having a detrimental affect on their wellbeing, any perspective and example setting that the parents can offer could make a really big difference as to how they approach the whole thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Regarding being a call handler, there are definitely many phone-operator jobs within the fire service that don't have anything whatsoever to do with handling emergencies. She could still call herself a call handler.

My county's fire service has separate phone numbers for the following:

• The fire station headquarters
  • Business fire safety
  • Commercial training
  • Community fire and road safety team
  • A phone number to report faulty fire hydrants and damaged signs
  • Press and media office
  • Recruitment
  • Targeted education team (for educational visits)

All of these phone numbers would employ call operators (probably multiple for each phone number), but none of them would be dealing with emergencies.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Morton Harket šŸ˜getting all up in cackā€™s niche on This Morning talking about his time in poverty and almost fainting with hunger.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
In regards to people spending money on Jack and funding her ~ forever home ~ etc, I have to wonder why they chose her and not a charity, homeless centre, food-bank or genuinely struggling person in their local community? If I had a fair bit of money to spare and wanted to help someone out, I wouldn't go to someone with thousands of Twitter followers and regular paid promotional gigs, TV series etc - I (and many others, I'm sure) would look around for smaller campaigns run for people who don't have a constant social media presence.

Whilst reading the Chateau threads on here I was gobsmacked to find that people were funding the lass who runs it on Patreon, as they thought she was in need of financial aid??? Excuse my French, but she runs a bleeping massive chateau, something only a tiny minority of people could even dream of doing. I know she actually has proper Patreon rewards, but I still don't understand why you'd fund her instead of someone who actually needs the money, like a struggling artist/small content creator or a student with a creative passion? If anything that makes Jack even worse, as she doesn't give anything at all back. I've been on the Internet long enough to be cynical about liars and grifters on here - and sorry if this comes across as nasty! - but I doubt anyone funding her has actually experienced poverty, lest they'd know she was overexaggerating her need for cash. I just don't get why she has 300+ people giving her their hard-earned money for nothing! You'd think they'd have learned by now ... unless they're all people she knows personally? (rant end, yikes!)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Maybe she abandoned as a baby on the doorstep of the fire station, in just a threadbare blanket, in the deepest of winter, taken in by the firemen and women. She learned to cook in the kitchens, feeding the staff in return for a place to live, poor all but for the generosity of the Essex fire department. Still sleeping in that threadbare blanket, perhaps on the seats of a fire engine, so never able to sleep properly leading to a lifelong habit. It would explain a lot.
Are you saying....Jack is really Maggie from Londonā€™s Burning šŸ¤”
CAD4A2B8-FFAB-4F59-AB9D-3124E924B449.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Iā€™m in no way dissing the vital role of call handlers here but the notion of them having a uniformed passing out parade is just bleeping hilarious.

Gonna ring Asda and ask them why I wasnā€™t afforded a ceremonial yomp around the car park clad in my lime green fleece when I completed my till training in 2008. Might even write to the Guardian about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Agree, think I'd be proud too if and when ours shows a similar level of independence. Didn't have social media myself for many years but have recently done the old cliched thing of opening a FB account for work - have never actually posted an image of myself on it though. Scenery, dog and bike maybe but try to avoid the whole 'online persona' aspect of it - I'd hate to be a youngster now, these days. We all know that the level of expectation placed upon youngsters based upon unattainable, doctored or altered images is having a detrimental affect on their wellbeing, any perspective and example setting that the parents can offer could make a really big difference as to how they approach the whole thing.
Yes, it's great that schools are teaching kids about their rights, and giving them the confidence to vocalise their desire to stay offline! It makes me cringe to see families documenting really personal things about their child(ren) for an audience of thousands - imagine how the poor kid's going to feel when they hit secondary school and find that everyone's been reading about their potty-training/bath times/childhood obsessions etc!!! The fact that people monetize this content is even worse, especially after certain Youtube scandals after parents were filmed verbally abusing their son (familyoffive iirc?). Social media is bad enough for adults, let alone young people who can't fully distinguish fact from fiction. Don't even get me started on the 'toy channels', where kids are filmed opening endless toys and presents for days on end :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Ohhh please serve all the hot tea you got.
I'd have thought Jacks adventures on Britain's Favourite Parenting site would be well known by now wouldn't they?

As I recall Jack joined up as "MxJackMonroe" and started an "Ask Me Anything" type thread. There was some fawning but also a lot of less than positive comments that I don't think Jack was expecting.

Bit later Jack, who was an MX back the I think, 'They' came back and posted a thread about going to the pub with their son. They left their wallet on a table and it went missing. Obviously the person that stole it must have been the single mum on the tables nearby that had been drinking whilst in control of her kids.

And I quote 'MxJackMonroe' here:

"I spent that hour listening to a 'woman' (looked like a teenage girl) growling at her kids, 2 under 4, shrieking, calling them bleeping little cunts, snatching toys off them for no reasons, barking at them, encouraging them to scare the dog 'to see if he was friendly', as she downed pints and shots"

I don't know if I can post links etc here so I hope that's been interesting.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I'd have thought Jacks adventures on Britain's Favourite Parenting site would be well known by now wouldn't they?

As I recall Jack joined up as "MxJackMonroe" and started an "Ask Me Anything" type thread. There was some fawning but also a lot of less than positive comments that I don't think Jack was expecting.

Bit later Jack, who was an MX back the I think, 'They' came back and posted a thread about going to the pub with their son. They left their wallet on a table and it went missing. Obviously the person that stole it must have been the single mum on the tables nearby that had been drinking whilst in control of her kids.

And I quote 'MxJackMonroe' here:

"I spent that hour listening to a 'woman' (looked like a teenage girl) growling at her kids, 2 under 4, shrieking, calling them bleeping little cunts, snatching toys off them for no reasons, barking at them, encouraging them to scare the dog 'to see if he was friendly', as she downed pints and shots"

I don't know if I can post links etc here so I hope that's been interesting.
That sounds like more of a Daily Mail comment about 'benefits mums' (urgh) than anything that actually happened?? šŸ˜¬ and wasn't there a controversial/now-deleted post about her on that site that got really nasty?

Reactions: 36
That sounds like more of a Daily Mail comment about 'benefits mums' (urgh) than anything that actually happened?? šŸ˜¬ and wasn't there a controversial/now-deleted post about her on that site that got really nasty?
Maybe. Tbh i got banned from there... For various reason... šŸ˜œšŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I've just reread the New Statesman article, here are a couple of funny bits.
Also, Jack has shrunk, she's teenier than ever, practically microscopic!
Notice the weasel wording of "moving from the control room to the fireground full time" - obviously trying to imply she was already there part time! What a dick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Notice the weasel wording of "moving from the control room to the fireground full time" - obviously trying to imply she was already there part time! What a dick.
Also she said she went to work in combats. Implying some kind of physical work.

Previously, hasn't she also said she wore a uniform with a starched shirt and stripes on the shoulders or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Don't even get me started on the 'toy channels', where kids are filmed opening endless toys and presents for days on end
The thing is, and I don't think this is me just me showing my age, I can't be the only one who just doesn't get it? Why would this be interesting, why would any of it be interesting, to anyone? It's mad. - Even the people sharing landmark moments of their kids lives that you mentioned, yea embarrassing for the kids absolutely but also, I can't imagine ever being interested in the development of someone else's kid. Maybe, maybe a family members kid but even then, not really - and especially not someone who I only vaguely know (don't get me started about people following and commenting on the progress of a complete stranger's kid - a la Monroe's sycophant followers..) it's just not of any interest at all. So there's the dismissal of the child's autonomy, and there's the mad assumption that other people would be interested in a private matter- it's weird on several levels. (but maybe now I do just sound like an old git)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Hard to tell as of this moment in time but I'm sure more attention-seeking clues will be on the way. After all, someone will have to be blamed for any last-minute book deadline-missing chaos...
I would have thought after Jack's startlingly ignorant/offensive Volk post, Louisa Compton, head of channel 4 news, would be doing her best to distance herself from her former fiance,Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
'I grew up in the fire service'. What a crock of tit. My Dad worked for British Telecom šŸ”ŗ, I did not grow up in the phone industry. If your parents have a job where they live on site or run their own business from home, I can see how it might feel like that. But when they go out to work you do not grow up in the industry and if you get a job there no doubt due to the influence they exerted that is all on you.
It is a load of bollocks isn't it? The railways run right through my family (figuratively, fortunately) and yet I have never once considered myself an expert on rail crashes or infrastructure. My Grandad was actually high up in his local fire service, and all I have is one of his awards and some absolutely ridiculous stories.

I mean she did choose the name Jack to represent herself as a 'Jack of all Trades' and that really does come out on Twitter when we see her grasping at anything she can to make herself relevant.

Reactions: 38
I read somewhere that Jack chose that name because she was a "Jack of all trades".

What she fails to add is the rest of that quote is "master of none" from an old English poem. From John Gower's poem Confessio Amantis. It describes a person that is multi-skilled but lower than average proficiency at all of them.

Never was a name more apt.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
Yes, it's great that schools are teaching kids about their rights, and giving them the confidence to vocalise their desire to stay offline! It makes me cringe to see families documenting really personal things about their child(ren) for an audience of thousands - imagine how the poor kid's going to feel when they hit secondary school and find that everyone's been reading about their potty-training/bath times/childhood obsessions etc!!! The fact that people monetize this content is even worse, especially after certain Youtube scandals after parents were filmed verbally abusing their son (familyoffive iirc?). Social media is bad enough for adults, let alone young people who can't fully distinguish fact from fiction. Don't even get me started on the 'toy channels', where kids are filmed opening endless toys and presents for days on end :(
I agree with your thoughts. I started to follow the ā€œYorkshire Shepherdessā€ on Instagram. The majority of the photos she posts are of her children. Iā€™ve been feeling bit creeped out about all photos of her children, has she asked their permission?
Think Iā€™m going to unfollow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know this has been covered numerous times so sorry to bring it up again - but how much does Jack get on a monthly basis from Patreon? I still can't quite get my head round the whole concept.

Slowly, gently, softly Jack is becoming unemployable isn't she? TV won't touch her, companies looking to work with her need only do minimum digging to uncover the L McCartney debacle. She is dragging their name through the mud (I know the company isn't helping themselves). I for one am pleased angry vegans are still not letting it lie - her scamming and laziness needed to be exposed by someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.