Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She still has her PayPal tip jar, she just rattles it less- prefers to let people believe she is short of cash whilst saving the hungry kids so if they want to send her something for all the lovely free work she does....

Jack- nobody asked you to do what you’re doing. Other people are better at doing it. Pack it in.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Bit late with this, but one of my favourite Jack lies was that the Mary Poppins cosplay was for SB's benefit and not solely to remind Louisa what she was missing.
I keep getting adverts for that bloody brolly now

• Haha
Reactions: 29
My favourite commentator on the Linda McCartney debacle (new word there, Jack) has posted this on her own page. One important thing that I have learned from all this chaos is never, ever piss on a vegan's chips.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
It's OK, Jack, we won't forget to nominate you for the MBE (or is it Sainthood now?)

Getting a little concerned that some rich benefactor might actually give her the forever home. 😲 She's so deserving and put upon and obviously never mentions it.

Wind your neck in, Jack. You were crap at Del Monte and lots of vegans now have legitimate criticisms, mainly about your hypocrisy. Try addressing those instead of having yet another tawdry tantrum.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
To put the Slopbot HQ opinions on the smol robot thing to bed - Slopbot remains neutral in disputes. I however retain my stance on hating them and wishing to crush them all to a fine dust that you can add to your bath as an exfoliating scrub. Egg-shaped dickheads.

I'm excited that there's one more Linda McCartney recipe in the pipeline to cap off a successful Veganuary. So far she's mangled the mince, mutilated the meatballs and sullied the sausages, which product is next in line for the Monroe special slop treatment? Defiled duck? Besmirched burgers? Imagine the fresh onslaught from the IG vegans! Delectable.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
She’s so dishonest. Is she so deluded that she thinks this about herself? We’re “attacking” you for pretending to be poor, spending the resulting money grifted off your followers on thousands of pounds worth of luxuries, and earning money off of pretending to be an anti-poverty campaigner.

You weren’t so honest when you earned media gigs two weeks ago by pretending that you would be giving all your fees to Magic Breakfast. Something that has quietly been forgotten.

Also, she’s a munchie and doesn’t have any of those conditions.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
head spends 50% of her time retweeting that hysterical "potatoes" piece which has her tip jar at the bottom.

That's the sum total of her "activism".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I truly wish I’d been here from thread #1, I cannot bear having missed out on all of this chaos.
Can anyone enlighten me with regards to the fake black eye and falling under a train?! Thank (space) you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I truly wish I’d been here from thread #1, I cannot bear having missed out on all of this chaos.
Can anyone enlighten me with regards to the fake black eye and falling under a train?! Thank (space) you!
So much to cover 🙀🙀.

Reactions: 25
I find the class thing fascinating - and the fetish some well off people face for a certain working class person - or what they think is working class. The article about how many successful people go back to their grandparents to try and make themselves not middle class so their achievements stand out is really quite distasteful. I found out recently that one of my great grandmothers was in service before she was married. I remember her, she was born at the end of Victoria’s reign and died when I was a teenager. She was one of 9 children. So in just over 100 years my family has gone from those career prospects, to Miss V who is a thoroughly middle class child and will have more opportunities than I did again. I think my Nana would be very confused by the modern world but also pleased with how far we have come. Pretending you have made the leap on your own is disrespectful to the generations who worked hard to get you where you are. Not that Jack knows what respect is.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Favourite lie = the biggest one - her weird and mad insistence that she grew up working class, something that is demonstrably proven to be just complete fantasy. It's such a fundamental one and so nicely exemplifies how weird and calculating Monroe is - she just loves being the victim.

Footnote: Being working class isn't victim worthy, only she thinks it is - that's the point. And for the record, who cares what class she grew up in - just that it's now one of the many, many personas that she has adopted for financial gain.

Honourable mention lie = the one about her beating up her army brother - God, just...so pathetic...Haha

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.