Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know, I think with Jack's Serious Issues (alcoholism, EDs, gender etc), we all start out feeling sympathetic. Then we start to doubt. Then we feel guilty for doubting - because who would lie about something like that?

For me, I had an eating disorder, so I don't believe her on that count. I lost a parent to alcoholism, so I don't believe her on that count. And even though I'm far from an expert on trans issues, the fact that she lies about everything else makes me seriously doubt that this is the one thing she's being honest about.

View attachment 404069

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jack-monroe_uk_57c93635e4b09f5b5e35d4cc

Facial hair? Come again?
Ugh, this sort of stuff is just disgusting and really distracts from the issues genuine trans & nonbinary people face every day. There's enough stigma and misinformation out there without a public figure adding fuel to the fire!!

Maybe I am just out of touch.

A woman I've worked with for 12 years, has recently added her preferred pronouns to her email signature. (She/her surprisingly enough) She's in her 40's, dresses quite old fashioned (skirts and cardies and sensible shoes from M&S) and is married to a bloke from IT.

I dont get it.
It's mainly to make the internet a safer and more inclusive place for trans/nb people. If everyone has pronouns in their bio, then it's less awkward for people who have less 'obvious' pronouns - or at least that's what I've gathered. Small step but quite helpful and shows you're at least an ally! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Jack needs to stop hounding someone who has worked on a huge production with her arch nemesis.

The idea of Jack talking to people who actually work in actual buildings with HR departments, contracts, water coolers, Christmas parties and all the usual is hilarious. Who thinks of these things (hiring Jack, not working in a building).

Attachments

Reactions: 21
Done her hair after the event for her photos!
Why has she done They/Them, when on everything else she writes She/her? I mean it’s fine, change it or do what you want, but this is Jack we’re talking about. It’s almost as if she does it differently depending on the audience and/or to try and trip people up?

Reactions: 67
🔺Here in the plague pits it is bonkers. I taught a lesson this morning with only one student left in school- the rest have covid/ are quarantined/ are being kept off. SO many teachers have the covid that there are all sorts of random people doing lessons, like the receptionist and HR lady. I think we are one step away from the bus drivers being roped in....
I've a friend teaching next door in Oman 📐. They've been online teaching for months now - her class are used to her kitten joining in 😁. However, the country has been ruthless about closing borders, curfew, etc. It sounds pretty wild where you are. AD or D?

Reactions: 14
I really don't want to ever sound TERFy but 'with a masculine leaning aesthetic' is a REALLY wanky thing to say, right?! also it's simply not true?

eta this is not denying the existence of nonbinary people! the aesthetic thing just makes her sound like such a head
Yes, I think it's really annoying too! It's almost pretentious, like, as if lesbians aren't already known for embracing 'masculine aesthetics' lmao

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why has she done They/Them, when on everything else she writes She/her? I mean it’s fine, change it or do what you want, but this is Jack we’re talking about. It’s almost as if she does it differently depending on the audience and/or to try and trip people up?
Interestingly, she first had, They/them and she/her , then went off air for a ‘quick wee’ before it started and when it reopened it was just they/them!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Interestingly, she first had, They/them and she/her , then went off air for a ‘quick wee’ before it started and when it reopened it was just they/them!
Typical Jack, a nice polite quick wee for the paying customers, and a piss and a sandwich for the likes of us!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I've a friend teaching next door in Oman 📐. They've been online teaching for months now - her class are used to her kitten joining in 😁. However, the country has been ruthless about closing borders, curfew, etc. It sounds pretty wild where you are. AD or D?

🔺 We’re in Dubai. I was very smug for months as our cases have been low and we’ve had few deaths but everything has gone a bit crazy since all the Brits hopped up on COVID came over Xmas.

So what does Jack write in her letters to her head of year?

Dear Sir
You might remember me from getting 4.5 GCSEs and stealing a scalpel. You said I would only flip the burgers.

Jokes on you. I am really broke and can’t pay my rent and the cheques bounce. I wear a dirty jumper to talk to 250 people and pretend to be vegan.

Best, Jack

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
I don’t think she looks her normal self - I think she looks exactly what someone cosplaying at non-binary would look like. Add it to the list, along with Mary Poppins; Cat in a Balaclava; award ceremony Viv; Sideboard SaggyboobSlob, and Beaved Cat Mom.
Don't forget crazy-eyed, ultra-feminine, lipstick and lilac wig Jack. IMHO she was totally cosplaying whatever she thinks would appeal to a non binary zoom group.

Reactions: 44
A quick wee - such professionalism and deep understanding of the corporate world!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Sorry if this has been covered but...it's a shirt and jumper? A completely regular shirt and jumper?

She's so deeply uninteresting.

Screenshot_20210126-180334__01.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Who told her/trained her to do the Superman Stance thing whenever she's on camera?
It looks ridiculous.
It looks really awkward. Her hands are never actually resting naturally on her hips, they're always on the front of her waist, which pushes out her collar bones and makes the stance look odd. 😕

Reactions: 25
I don't comment on people's appearances cos I hate how I look and you can't help it.

But.

I wouldn't send a pic of me pulling that face to my best friend, let alone 280k people or whatever she's on now. I tried to take one to show my friend how long my hair was getting a couple of days ago and had to have 3 goes just to look vaguely normal.

Again, not getting at what she looks like, rather the facial expression (which is like I make trying not to show my IBS pains while talking to trying to escape from my boss).

View attachment 403926
She looks in pain.... the recipe testing having an impact eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
How long was she on for before it started? Heading off for a bathroom break on a zoom call sounds bizarre unless it went on for hours

Reactions: 20
What the duck is a 'granular scale'? Bisto is granular, garlic can be granular, tea can be granular. A scale is not granular. She is ridiculous. Those trainers are undeniably hideous, they look like the layers of an archeological dig. As a connoisseur of hench women, the 'strong thigh' comment is also stupid - it's just a normal, perfectly fine leg. Her hair does look nice though, I'll let her have that one.
On a mini-grunk but that layers of an archaeological dig comment has really tickled me! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.