Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you added transcribing and blogging her non-binary talk?

I'm sure there was another thing she threatened to do in the last day or so, but I can't remember it and there are too many selfies for me to brave her Twitter feed right now.
thankspaceyou! got it now.

I'm sure there's other stuff I've missed recently cos she's been alternately boring and annoying. so, if anyone can remember anything let me know ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yeah was thinking this earlier today - last night's little allusion to her being used to having 2 incomes coming in is surely another stab at Louisa Compton for having the AUDACITY to LEAVE and plunging our poor smol pixie back into poverty.
Igf as Jack claims, she only and herself 23k a year, it Looks like her whole salary must have gone on sideboards and smegs, leaving Louisa to pay the boring stuff, bills and rent etc. Unless Louisa is a very generous ex who gifted it all.

Did Jack ever get that 5k back that mysteriously vanished from her bank account?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The vegans arriving just in time for the wolf moon is the chaos I’m here for.
I wish I could be off tomorrow as I feel another thread 31 level approaching. It must be infuriating her not being able to control the narratives of the vegans who combined Have reasonable numbers of followers so can’t be accused of being trolls.... just beautiful, ethical, principled, peripatetic vegans. THANK (SPACE) YOU.
I think the hardened carnivores amongst us should do a vegan day in tribute.
'Peripatetic Vegans' HAHAHA!
Genuinely spat drink!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
vegan cheese and vegan haggis duly noted

I am living for the insta vegans coming for jack. it's amazing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
So she's back 365 Patreons this month. I don't know if anyone has inside knowledge, but do the account holders know which Patreons have dropped out or not had payments go through?

I wouldn't put it past Jack to send out a gentle, softy soft email to 'remind' them of this.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
At least now we can tell which posts she knows are absolute guff by checking if the replies have been turned off!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She’s been called cute but was going for ‘fearsome and mighty’. She also got cross with someone who was sad she was limiting replies and spoke about all the ‘grinding, cruel, relentless abuse’ she gets. The person ended up profusely apologising.
Classic narcissist tactics - gaslighting people who mean no harm into feeling bad, and manipulating your words to make people who expose your lies seem hateful and needlessly aggressive. Recently dealt with a friend who was so bad for doing both that I had to cut it off. In the end, she turned round and exposed her true colours in an extremely nasty way. I wonder if Jack will ever do the same on a grand scale? Maybe then, people will finally learn not to trust her :(

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
She can be as smug as she likes about today's paid work, almost everything she has done work wise is the last year has been under prepared tit. Surely there can't be many brands left wanting to collaborate with Mx Toxic!
I'm shocked that there are any left willing to work with her tbh!

Just as a comparison i made Rachel Roddy's potato and greens tonight with roast chicken (horrendous photo , thanks winter) ...literally just potatoes , some leafy greens , oil, garlic and dried chillies so very cheap yet INSANELY delicious, so simple to make and so full of flavour! Lots of people do what Jack does, they just do it much better. The fact that she is still getting any work as a food writer is absolutely bleeping mind boggling.

ETA i bring up rachel roddy so much! I'm not secretly her posting from Rome...i bloody wish

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
The only explanation to Linda McCartney people ignoring the comments from their customers is that they're scared Jack will sue them. I can't for the life of me understand why they're ignoring their customers. It's so rude and stupid too.

Reactions: 43
So she's back 365 Patreons this month. I don't know if anyone has inside knowledge, but do the account holders know which Patreons have dropped out or not had payments go through?

I wouldn't put it past Jack to send out a gentle, softy soft email to 'remind' them of this.
I jointly run a (very small, we make like £30 a month for giveaways and prizes) Patreon with some other people for an online community and we are able to see if someone's payment bounces or if they leave.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm shocked that there are any left willing to work with her tbh!

Just as a comparison i made Rachel Roddy's potato and greens tonight with roast chicken (horrendous photo , thanks winter) ...literally just potatoes , some leafy greens , oil, garlic and dried chillies so very cheap yet INSANELY delicious, so simple to make and so full of flavour! Lots of people do what Jack does, they just do it much better. The fact that she is still getting any work as a food writer is absolutely bleeping mind boggling.

ETA i bring up rachel roddy so much! I'm not secretly her posting from Rome...i bloody wish
I love her writing and her recipes

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Damn this tweet!
Now i've read it i can't get the song my favourite things from the sound of music out of my head! 🙏 :censored:
View attachment 403845View attachment 403846

Here is our plucky heroine Maria/mary (Jack?)poppins herself she can dance she can sing she can do everything🌲🌺🌈☂🎭🎨🎬🎵💊🥗🍷Except meet deadlines/post letters📥❓do homeschooling tidy her house🏠 of clutter or write a book!✍.
Err ok well then nevermind🙏 its because she's always so busy...doing her favourite things?👩‍💻

View attachment 403847View attachment 403848
View attachment 403888
I am on a grunka trying to catch up after a hard half a week so far & this did make me laugh 😂 also the deceased pigeon/gloves are always an unexpected shout of glee (I say shout I mean internal ha that's amused me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The only explanation to Linda McCartney people ignoring the comments from their customers is that they're scared Jack will sue them. I can't for the life of me understand why they're ignoring their customers. It's so rude and stupid too.
All it takes is a small story or post apologising for their choice and an acknowledgement of poor research on their part. Unfortunately, Jack would probably harass them , or at least defame them on Twitter as per usual. Bit of a Catch-22!

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.