Jack Monroe #140 This is not what Linda would have wanted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she trying to suggest that using a herb as intended (thinking of sage, in sage and onion stuffing here) is some kind of puritanical food snobbery? Stop looking for oppression where there is none, Jack and finish yer book 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
If herbs all taste different but are interchangeable in any savoury recipe then what’s the blinking point of mixing them all up in a milk bottle? GAH.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Frugal Tips Jack is a really annoying Jack version especially as many squiggles may try those tips and be very disappointed, waste precious money and/or become unwell

I'm in Australia and don't even have a eucalyptus tree in the garden. Never known anyone personally in England to have one either tbh.
I’ve been in a lot of gardens in Thorpe Bay and quite a few people have them there. It’s ~fancy~. A few people even bought them over from Australia back in the days when you were allowed to do that!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Wtaf? Purists? I'm no 'food expert' or purist but even I know rosemary and oregano (for eg) taste so different. And sage (my present herb love) is so distinctive.
She really can't cook can she?
Sigh.
Thank goodness she only used wilted old salad leaves in that pesto, than trying fresh tarragon. Mmm, freshly mowed lawn

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Here’s the section of the Times article she referred to her home as the ‘crappy bungalow’, doesn’t sound like she’s referring to its cleanliness... it may not be the 5 bedroom detached she lived in growing up but it’s a lovely bungalow, so entitled, so ungrateful
marina o’loughlan ate something she prepared and didn’t ream her to shreds, unbelievable - she’s a frickin food critic

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
She seemed to put aside her distain and hatred for high earners when she was engaged to a multimillionaire co owner of a restaurant chain.
That must have been so hard for her! She must have been so conflicted (whilst eagerly rubbing her grubby hands together a la Albert Steptoe)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Had a sneaky catch up before my next Zoom call. Bloody first days they're just wall to wall Zooms! Thanks for keeping the laughs coming Fraus 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 40
If herbs all taste different but are interchangeable in any savoury recipe then what’s the blinking point of mixing them all up in a milk bottle? GAH.
Herbs are herbs are herbs. Just as salt is salt is salt. And Jack knows Jack knows jack.
Gah indeed.

• Haha
The squiggle says "when one of your recipies says "mixed herbs" is that what it means rather than the alternative?"

What alternative? If the recipe says mixed herbs, it means mixed herbs. What alternative could there possibly be? Am I being thick or what, but I can't even think of "an alternative". Just use a jar of mixed herbs. 🤪

Are all her followers completely devoid of any cooking skills? And Roadside Mum said there wasn't an issue with mothers knowing how to cook. If they have to turn to Jack, there certainly is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
If I were pretending to be vegan on Twitter the bleeping last thing I’d lie about eating is vegan cheese. Actual vegans don’t really LIKE it. Eat a disgusting slimy tofu egg sandwich and shut up.

• Haha
Why
Is it so dry?
I cry.
We cry.
Fish die.
Why?

The squiggle says "when one of your recipies says "mixed herbs" is that what it means rather than the alternative?"

What alternative? If the recipe says mixed herbs, it means mixed herbs. What alternative could there possibly be? Am I being thick or what, but i can't even think of "an alternative".
The VEGAN alternative!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.